Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Share on Reddit Tell A Friend Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites
General News

Guy McPherson on Abrupt Climate Change and Results Thereof

Quicklink Submitted By       Message Daniel Geery     Permalink    (# of views)   10 comments

Related Topic(s): , Add Tags

Must Read 1   Well Said 1   Valuable 1

opednews.com Headlined to H3 9/22/18

What is the likely future facing life on Planet Earth? Of course no one knows for sure, but it looks to me like Dr. McPherson wins the World Cup for seriously thinking about it. I say this based on couuntless articles and videos I've read, watched, and pondered. Dr. McPherson has a broad and deep understanding of climatology, politics, and the parameters needed for plants and animals to survive, aka ecology, or more simply the web of life we are part of. In addition, he is a remarkable teacher, bringing large concepts 'down to earth.'

Read the rest of the story HERE:

At youtu.be

Must Read 1   Well Said 1   Valuable 1

In my run for U.S. Senate against Utah's Orrin Hatch, I posted many progressive ideas and principles that I internalized over the years. I'm leaving that site up indefinitely, since it describes what I believe most members of our species truly (more...)

Share on Google Plus Submit to Twitter Add this Page to Facebook! Share on LinkedIn Pin It! Add this Page to Fark! Submit to Reddit Submit to Stumble Upon Share Author on Social Media   Go To Commenting

Related Topic(s): , Add Tags

Comments

The time limit for entering new comments on this quicklink has expired.

David Watts

(Member since Jan 31, 2008), 10 fans, 11 articles, 21 quicklinks, 1293 comments, 27 diaries

Daniel, like all of your videos this is an excellent video. I found parts the discussion between Guy McPherson and the person interviewing Guy especially eye opening about what is really going on around all of us in the world in front of our eyes yet nearly all go their own way while looking the other way. I have come to realize that yes, time is short and their ain't a thing we can do about it. It makes it hard to find a good reason to clean out the basement. I can just wait around for not long and it won't matter because it will become the last thing on my mind. And then as everything goes to hell at least I can feel good I did not waste my time cleaning it out...

Submitted on Monday, Sep 24, 2018 at 7:15:29 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

Daniel Geery

(Member since Jul 9, 2009), 71 fans, 219 articles, 3375 quicklinks, 14896 comments, 180 diaries

Reply to David Watts:   New Content

David, Going through the same thinking here, but have a beautiful wife who wants the garage cleaned and a number of other things. I guess I would like to consider what Ram Dass and I believe others once said: Cleanliness is next to godliness.

I just now emailed Guy yet again as I'm trying to get him to SLC in the near future. Let us remember Edward Abbey: Action is the antidote to despair. I am also pondering larger ideas that "have not yet been thought of." As in last night, "Could we possibly alter the structure of CO2 to let IR escape?" I did great in 2.5 years of college chemistry, but much has slipped off the plate.

Also following a few OEN folks working "behind the scenes" on a kind of bamboo that pulls in CO2 remarkably well, wondering how we could capture and use methane (my airships come promptly to mind--a pipe dream, yes, but with a few billion hands on deck, we just might come up with the impossible unknown).

Anyway, I'm headed out shortly to walk my dogs, who teach me how to live... and looking at death as going to sleep without the hassle of getting up (and other lunacies!).

Submitted on Tuesday, Sep 25, 2018 at 10:33:04 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

David Watts

Reply to Daniel Geery:   New Content

"Cleanliness is next to godliness." Darn it Daniel, I guess I will clean out the basement.

" ... looking at death as going to sleep without the hassle of getting up." I don't think of that as a lunacy. I think you have come up with a good way of looking at death. And that is not just because yes, getting up at times can be a hassle. I know it is for me sometimes.

(Getting up tomorrow will be a hassle for me because of what you said. I will probably have a cup of coffee and head straight to the basement. But, I know, I will feel better after it is clean. But then, I will start thinking about the garage. Oh well...)

Submitted on Wednesday, Sep 26, 2018 at 8:49:42 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

IndentIndentIndent

Daniel Geery

Reply to David Watts:   New Content

I admit that I came to think of that as a mighty brilliant statement, or more important as a serious look at "how it is."

13.8 billions of years from the big bang, and we have been around about 200,000. That is one 19,000,000th (19 millionth) of the time of the long gone dinos. We are at best a blip in our invention of "the cosmic eye."

Do your best to look through that, imo. It is certainly what I do, and it eliminates the absurdity of following anything that the MSM is interested in selling.

Submitted on Wednesday, Sep 26, 2018 at 10:07:07 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

IndentIndentIndentIndent

David Watts

Reply to Daniel Geery:   New Content

You looking at how it is; many would say it is what it is. I decided that is too easy. I always say "it be what it be."

That is about as brilliant as anything I have ever said and I am sticking to it.

Submitted on Wednesday, Sep 26, 2018 at 11:14:33 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

IndentIndentIndentIndentIndent

Daniel Geery

Reply to David Watts:   New Content

Your bio is still the best.

Submitted on Thursday, Sep 27, 2018 at 4:28:41 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (0+)

IndentIndentIndent

Daniel Geery

Reply to David Watts:   New Content

My best advice to anyone reading the sh*t I say, "Ignore me!!! You will be happier!!!"

And presumably more productive. After all, "Time is Money!"

Submitted on Wednesday, Sep 26, 2018 at 10:12:55 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

IndentIndentIndentIndent

David Watts

Reply to Daniel Geery:   New Content

Yes, it has been said many times that time is money. It should be added that while that may be true, one should hurry up making money because time is now very short.

I just came up with a great idea Daniel. Why don't you and I start buying up land at the top of Canada. I think we could make a lot of money. It won't be long at all before we would be able to sell vacations at our new beach resort. If it ever got to be occasionally a little bit too cold, we could light the heat lamps and warm the hotel rooms virtually at no cost. I mean, we would have plenty of methane at our disposal. Think about it and let me know. :)

Submitted on Wednesday, Sep 26, 2018 at 11:30:23 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

IndentIndentIndentIndentIndent

Daniel Geery

Reply to David Watts:   New Content

I haven't heard of a better plan yet, and it's not for lack of trying!

Submitted on Thursday, Sep 27, 2018 at 4:31:12 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

IndentIndentIndentIndentIndentIndent

David Watts

Reply to Daniel Geery:   New Content

We are on the same page. Wish we were both wrong...

Submitted on Thursday, Sep 27, 2018 at 8:28:08 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (0+)

Want to post your own comment on this Quicklink? Post Comment