Send a Tweet
Most Popular Choices
Share on Facebook 4 Share on Twitter Printer Friendly Page More Sharing
General News    H3'ed 9/21/16

A User's Guide To FiveThirtyEight's 2016 General Election Forecast: by Nate Silver

Quicklink Submitted By   3 comments
Become a Premium Member Would you like to know how many people have read this article? Or how reputable the author is? Simply sign up for a Advocate premium membership and you'll automatically see this data on every article. Plus a lot more, too.
Author 40790
Follow Me on Twitter     Message Susan Lee Schwartz
Become a Fan
  (23 fans)

polls (@polls) | Twitter
polls (@polls) | Twitter
(Image by
  Details   DMCA

The newest polling analysis from celebrity statistics whiz Nate Silver shows Donald Trump in a tight race against Hillary Clinton as the 2016 race grows ever closer.
With recent shake-ups in the electoral map, current projections from FiveThirtyEight give Clinton a 57 percent probability of victory, while Trump’s chances are pegged at 43 percent -- a 10-point swing from earlier this month. This fascinating piece by Silver shows how the differences between polls, the  "themes & findings" and  the 'major steps' taken to calculate the weight of the polls, to choose the version. Worth reading.

Read the rest of the story HERE:



Must Read 1   Valuable 1  
Rate It | View Ratings

Susan Lee Schwartz Social Media Pages: Facebook Page       Twitter Page       Linked In Page       Instagram Page

I began teaching in 1963,; Ba and BS in Education -Brooklyn College. I have the equivalent of 2 additional Master's, mainly in Literacy Studies and Graphic Design. I was the only seventh grade teacher of English from 1990 -1999 at East Side (more...)

Go To Commenting
The views expressed herein are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of this website or its editors.
Follow Me on Twitter     Writers Guidelines
Contact AuthorContact Author Contact EditorContact Editor Author PageView Authors' Articles
Support OpEdNews

OpEdNews depends upon can't survive without your help.

If you value this article and the work of OpEdNews, please either Donate or Purchase a premium membership.

If you've enjoyed this, sign up for our daily or weekly newsletter to get lots of great progressive content.
Daily Weekly     OpEdNews Newsletter
   (Opens new browser window)

To View Comments or Join the Conversation: