Refresh

Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest Share on Fark! Share on Reddit Share on StumbleUpon Tell A Friend

Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites (# of views)   16 comments
Diary (Diaries are not moderated)

Farewell to a friend--Pal Palsimon

By   Follow Me on Twitter     Message Jerry Lobdill     Permalink
Related Topic(s): , Add Tags
Add to My Group

Well Said 6   Touching 5   Valuable 4   View Ratings | Rate It

opednews.com Headlined to H4 3/4/17

Goodbye to a friend. She will be missed here on OpEdNews. I hope her passing is painless and peaceful, and that she goes where Will Rogers wanted to go (where dogs go.

::::::::

Friends,

I just received the following email from Pal Palsimon.

(Image by Pal Palsimon) Permission Details DMCA

"Jerry I am closing my account with OpEd and many other organizations now. Very soon will close my eyes for last time. Thanks for being my friend. Love to you and yours PAL"

I'm sure there are others here on OEN who will miss her as much as I will. She was diagnosed with terminal cancer of the liver this week. This, after a long, hard time waiting for a doctor's appointment. She was told she needed to go to hospice.

If you are a believer, please pray for her. RIP, Pal, my friend.

//www.LastTrain2ElPaso.com

I am a retired physicist and hold a B.S. in Ch. E. as well. I have been an environmental activist since the early 1970s. I have been a writer of opinion pieces and other essays since about 1995 and am a published author of history. I have (more...)

Related Topic(s): , Add Tags

Comments

The time limit for entering new comments on this diary has expired.

Daniel Penisten

(Member since Nov 14, 2011), 16 fans, 51 articles, 2258 comments, 3 diaries

I will miss her too.

Submitted on Saturday, Mar 4, 2017 at 9:33:14 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (4+)

Lois Gagnon

(Member since Mar 21, 2011), 29 fans, 1 articles, 1 quicklinks, 3483 comments

Oh this is such sad news. Fairwell to a lovely spirit who will be greatly missed.

Submitted on Sunday, Mar 5, 2017 at 12:38:05 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (6+)

Janet Supriano

(Member since Oct 7, 2013), 4 fans, 195 comments

I did not communicate with Pal, but I enjoyed her essays and her comments very much. I saw her as both a scrapper and a giver.

God bless you, Pal. Easy passage. (and strength to your loved ones.)

I hope my 2 doggies greet you on the Rainbow Bridge.
With respect.

Submitted on Sunday, Mar 5, 2017 at 1:50:59 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (3+)

b. sadie bailey

(Member since Dec 5, 2010), 8 fans, 4 articles, 12 quicklinks, 604 comments, 3 diaries

Thank you for letting us know; I'm so sorry she got this diagnosis. I will miss her too; I loved all that she wrote. It sounds as though the medical establishment has failed her; how sad. Prayers being sent from an animist.

Will her writings and articles stay here on Op Ed news, i hope?

Submitted on Sunday, Mar 5, 2017 at 3:46:29 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (3+)

Meryl Ann Butler

Become a Fan Follow Me on Twitter
(Member since Jun 5, 2006), 82 fans, 373 articles, 1201 quicklinks, 4534 comments, 7 diaries

I wish you a safe, sweet and magical journey, dear one, to infinite love and light. Surrounding you with love and hugs of comfort.

Submitted on Sunday, Mar 5, 2017 at 4:12:46 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (3+)

Meryl Ann Butler

Become a Fan Follow Me on Twitter

And thank you Jerry, for letting us know, and for your touching tribute.

Submitted on Sunday, Mar 5, 2017 at 4:17:26 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (3+)

George Eliason

(Member since Jan 10, 2011), 53 fans, 91 articles, 3 quicklinks, 624 comments, 2 diaries

Jerry,

Thank you for posting this. She was a special lady.

Submitted on Sunday, Mar 5, 2017 at 5:19:24 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (3+)

Jerry Lobdill

(Member since Feb 17, 2007), 15 fans, 33 articles, 76 quicklinks, 2086 comments, 10 diaries

Thanks to you all. At a time like this words seem to fail me. This song conveys my feelings better than anything I can say. click here

Submitted on Sunday, Mar 5, 2017 at 5:20:24 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (3+)

Jerry Lobdill

Reply to Jerry Lobdill:   New Content

Forwarded from Pal:

Jerry I saw your article and was very touched. I tried to reply to it, but I am now on inactive and it would not let me post. So, I ask you to post the following message from me on that article:

Oh Gee. Jerry I am weak but I still think this is a little premature and I feel bad. I am still wiggling.

But it is true, I can no longer do politics. I love all of you very much and will miss you terribly.

I learned from Sister Giant and was inspired to write this poem, which I give to you all for prayers at night:

Sweet Dreams by Pal Simon (palsimon)

Now it's time for a comfy night
When my toes wiggle down under in sheer delight

My skin is lovingly caressed by this silky sheet,
And my puppy is joyfully snuggled at my cheek.

I shall forget yesterdays joys and sorrows
And hope for great outcomes in my tomorrows.

So now, wisk me along the immediate highway
While I have my sweet dreams of a perfect new day

-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject: Could not find a way to close my account Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 05:55:45 -0700 From: Palsimon To: lobdillj@att.net

Got message and looks like my effort to stop getting emails did not work; but I was glad to get your message. I don't know how much longer I have, but I am not well enough to keep up with all the emails or do any more political activity. This is a personal message and was glad to get it. I am in hospice now, but still trying to convince doctors I should have an operation to relieve me for another year or so. Working on it. Otherwise, I know my days a nearing an end. I hope you guys are doing okay. WE older folks have a great need to relay our experiences with how end of life is going, especially for people who are still thinking a lot..... and want to share. But I just can't any more. Regards, Pal

Submitted on Sunday, Mar 5, 2017 at 11:18:29 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

George Eliason

Reply to Jerry Lobdill:   New Content
Thank you.

Submitted on Sunday, Mar 5, 2017 at 11:33:15 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

David William Pear

Become a Fan Follow Me on Twitter

(Member since Nov 29, 2014), 30 fans, 38 articles, 146 quicklinks, 1961 comments, 1 diaries

Thank you Jerry, and I think it is very special that OEN commemorates the death of a longtime member and great contributor.

Submitted on Sunday, Mar 5, 2017 at 5:39:42 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (6+)

Lance Ciepiela

(Member since Apr 4, 2008), 49 fans, 58 articles, 45 quicklinks, 3000 comments, 213 diaries

Thank you Jerry.

Pal found a wonderful home at OpEdNews and her slant on #politics was "tell it like it is" with the #truth always her top concern.

May the Good Lord bless her and grant her everlasting peace.

Submitted on Sunday, Mar 5, 2017 at 4:15:01 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (3+)

Mark Whittington

(Member since Aug 17, 2013), 7 fans, 5 articles, 386 comments, 1 diaries

God bless you Pal.

Your work here did indeed make a difference, and I will much miss your insights. God's love awaits you.

Submitted on Monday, Mar 6, 2017 at 1:04:52 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

J. Edward Tremlett

(Member since Feb 18, 2007), 12 fans, 47 articles, 11 quicklinks, 2779 comments, 243 diaries

Sad news, indeed.

Go with Goddess, bright lady. Be well.

Submitted on Monday, Mar 6, 2017 at 3:11:21 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (3+)

George King

(Member since Aug 11, 2014), 10 fans, 19 articles, 1498 comments, 1 diaries

I will miss her thoughts here but we can still take in her lasting legacy and on going work which will continue here and here.

Pal Simon was formerly educated at University of West Florida in journalism, political science, economic theory and law with a BA in communications and political science. She has been an activist for social democracy for many years and supports peaceful revolution to overthrow capitalism.

Submitted on Monday, Mar 6, 2017 at 5:59:31 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

Jack Flanders

(Member since Nov 24, 2007), 11 fans, 2 quicklinks, 607 comments

Thank you, Jerry, for the tribute and chance to acknowledge Pal's kind, clear and courageous spirit.

Rest in peace, my friend.

-JF

Submitted on Tuesday, Mar 7, 2017 at 9:38:38 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (0+)

Want to post your own comment on this Diary? Post Comment