2. Economic dependence: The United States finished 2009 with a debt-to-GDP ratio of 85%, according to the International Monetary Fund (IMF)..
3. Declining civil rights: Everyday freedoms are often a casualty of a society in collapse..
4. Increasing political corruption: When political corruption becomes the accepted norm, as opposed to the exception, then there's a good bet your country resembles the Third World..
6. Failing infrastructure: As 46 of 50 states are on the verge of bankruptcy, cities are going dark, asphalt roads are returning to the stone age, and nationwide budget cuts are leaving students without teachers, supplies, or a full-time education..
7. Disappearing middle class: During the last presidential debate season, they argued that a family income of $250K was solidly middle-class..
9. Controlling the media: A government-influenced media that censors information is a key component of Third World countries..
10. Capital Controls: Many nations have enforced capital controls as their economies collapse..
The land of opportunity for so many is devolving into a system of government corruption, corporate looting, and military rule that threatens to sink the American Dream.
The capital flight from America has left a dwindling middle class holding an empty bag.."10 Signs The U.S. is Becoming a Third World Country"..read more