Review this simple check list. Now is the time to ask not what Big Business can do to you, but what you can do to screw yourself for Big Business.
Supporting Big Business is critically important right now.
So the question must be asked: What are you doing to support Big Business as they make democracy a mockery in Washington D.C.?
If you are tired of the partisan bickering in Congress, the pathetic reasoning ability of the Supreme Court, and the inept leadership currently found in the White House, the best move on your part is to continue to support the move to the heavenly oblivion of corporatocracy and unfettered corruption.
Obama address Big Business - Shouldn't You? by cbsnews.com
This will eventually lead to a stable system of aristocratic feudalism remanding the vast majority of Americans to contented serfdom under the watchful eyes and ears of well-trained, over-paid, shoot first, ask questions later police state thugs to keep the peace.
This all makes perfect sense if you think about it in the same manner, as say, Michelle Bachman.
What's holding us back from the utopia of living under the thumb of those in gated communities is this hope that a democracy that responds to the needs citizens may return.
We have all read reams of well thought out opinion, unemotional analysis, and logical legislative solutions to the overwhelming problem of democracy corrupted by the well-heeled, the super well-heeled and all powerful well-heeled.
There are brilliant proposals to fix our mess every day on Truthdig, Alternet and OpEd News, sensible political actions advocated from Move-On and Bold Progressives, and smart on-message messages from Bernie Sanders and Ralph Nader.
These proposals come from the likes of well-respected writers and thinkers such as Christopher Hedges, Matt Taibbi, Paul Craig Roberts, Robert Scheer, Joshua Holland, Amy Goodman and E.J. Dionne, Jr.
All espouse simple solutions to the likes of the Citizens United ruling, Wall Street fraud and abuse, Social Security's future funding, energy independence, corporate out-sourcing of jobs, ecetera.
Many are just great, great ideas! But there's just one problem. None of their legislative solutions is ever going to see a pin hole of light in Congress and elections are now a propaganda racket run by corporate money.
So, let's go the other way and vote with our feet.
Are you doing the right thing to continue down the yellow brick road of overwhelming domination of all us losers?
Are you helping or hindering our progress to get on to the blissful state of abject apathy?
I'm asking you now to do your part. You're worth it, we're worth it, and we deserve a rest from our continued and consistently ineffective navel gazing under the delusion that our political system of representative government still exists.
Here's a simple check list from Big Business to make sure your on track:
1) Are you banking with one of the big international, national or regional banks? You should be. If you're still doing your bank at a local bank or credit union you are not doing your part to seal your fate as a peon.
2) Are you driving miles and miles to save a buck at the shopping centers, premium outlets and big box stores that are committed to imported goods and low-paid workers? No! Well, you're not wasting enough gas and wear and tear on your car to help drive us all off the peak-oil cliff.
3) Are you eating enough processed and fast food? If not, you're not supporting the sustainable poverty cycle of taxpayer subsides to mega agriculture to feed the population to obesity and return profits to lobby for more government subsidies.
4) Are you using your credit or debit card to pay for every purchase you make? If not, you are starving the Big Banking of 3.5% in merchant fees, perpetual nickels and dimes in transaction fees, the chance to sock you with account fees and those usury interest payments that will fuel your eventual uncompromised oppression. If you're using cheap, convenient, accepted nearly everywhere cash, you suck!
5) Are you buying into the one of the many just-right-for-you high-fee, risky Wall Street retirement accounts and funds that over the years have implied the expectation of high returns and instead wiped-out huge percentages of your principle? Why stop now? Oh, yeah, savings interest is so low you will have nothing accept all the money that you worked for so earnestly. Come on, for the freedom that comes with nothing left to lose, put it all at risk and let the Wall Street get another shot at stealing it.
6) Are you buying enough cheap, imported goods? This is vital. Those dollars you save by buying sweatshop products keep the overseas oppression mills humming, and in return you get inferior products that last until Tuesday when you can mindlessly spend your time unemployed shopping again.
Okay, now you know. So, review the list above again, for now is the time to ask not what Big Business can do to you, but what you can do to screw yourself for Big Business.
Chaz Valenza is writer and small business owner in New Jersey. He earned his MBA from New York University's Stern School of Business. His current feature film project is "Single Point Failure" an insider's account of how the Reagan Administration caused the greatest tragedy of the space age based on Richard C. Cook's book "Challenger Revealed." He is a former Director of Public Information for Planned Parenthood of NYC. His website is: www.WordsWillNever.com