Starts Friday, August 15, 2008
at 9:00 AM for 2 days
DC Family Preservation Festival 2008
(more...) (less...) ,
Become a Fan
This is about children and their right to be raised by their own parents. Simply put, we are bringing organizations with various advocacy missions together under one event so it can be seen just how similar they all are.
Mothers, Fathers, Grandparents, and other family members, organization leaders, legislators and concerned citizens are uniting in support of one’s natural and unalienable right to be a parent.
We support organizations with goals that restrict the currently unbridled government authority over the family unless there is truly a proven need of intrusion or actual threat to children. We advocate for solutions that lessen the conflict that our family court system and government’s existing policies have brought to families.
We are encouraging the Federal, State, and local governments to support and implement public policies that promote familial preservation and reconciliation, hence civility, in all matters involving the family and all therein because that’s the best option for America.
(1) The main Festival Activities, including live music, most speakers, some of the ceremonies, will be held on center sound stage in Upper Senate Park, directly across Constitution Avenue. Be there on both August 15th and 16th 2008 if you are serious about parental rights and liberties of Americans.
(2) Scattered throughout Upper Senate Park during the event will be organizational booths/tables, face painting and balloons for the kids, at least three physical Festival Information Center locations setup inside the Park so that we can help direct you if you want to participate in some of the events.
(3) Other general Festival events include: WeThePeople will already be there on the National Mall, MediaRADAR is hitting up Congress over VAWA (Fix Vawa Now), Fathers-4-Justice is leading an all-org Justice March throughout Capitol Hill, NANCM is leading a Candlelight Vigil at the Lincoln Memorial, and there will surely be more added soon, including information for Leadership conferences.
(4) At least three Meeting Rooms at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill will include two dedicated Meeting Rooms for various training purposes, with seminars held every 60 or 90 minutes, all-day on both Friday and Saturday. An additional Room will be used for rotating purposes, including scheduled book signings (Dr. Baskerville, Dr. Baker, etc.), registered slots for people to sit with licensed Attorneys for free private legal consultations, periods for open organizational merchandising, and also showings of important videos, such as “A View For The Bench“, “Support: System Down“, “Jake’s Closet“, “A Father’s Right“, “Freedom to Fascism“, and so forth… A fourth (4th) Meeting Room may be added soon to increase overall availability, and for even more functionality. For especially the training seminars and video showings, printed “vouchers” or “tickets” will be available for pickup by interested people, at several different spots located within the Upper Senate Park festival area. This is to maintain the audience maximum limits per Meeting Room.
Organization: Lary Holland
North of the Capitol Building on Constitution Avenue between Delaware and New Jersey Ave. There is not parking at the event site. We are accessible from nearly everywhere in the city via the DC Metro/Transit Service. Come from your hotels, or follow the instructions below.
UNION STATION * Washington DC
Using the Metro to attend the DC Festival 2008 at Upper Senate Park:
Take the RED LINE to UNION STATION
Take the BLUE/ORANGE LINE TO CAPITOL SOUTH STATION
Take the Yellow/Green line to Archieves-Navy Memorial Station
The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority has several maps and resources to help you get acquainted with Washington DC. Some of the maps are color coded to reflect the statements made above.
Download the Metrorail system map to your Apple iPod.
It is recommended that all vehicles park at RFK Stadium (2400 E. Capitol St., NE)
Walk to the Stadium/Armory Metro Station (take E. Capitol St. and follow signs)
On the Metro, take the Blue/Orange line to Capitol South Station (3 stops)
Walk to rally site at Upper Senate Park (half mile walk)
Coming out of Capitol South station, go north on 1st or 2nd St. NE;
Go west on Constitution Ave, NW to Upper Senate Park
- Walking directions via Yahoo Maps
Contact Info: Lary Holland (firstname.lastname@example.org) 800-883-9619
(Registration Not Required)
Post Event Comment
These discussions are not moderated. We rely on users to police themselves, and flag inappropriate comments and behavior. In accordance with our Guidelines and Policies, we reserve the right to remove any post at any time for any reason, and will restrict access of registered users who repeatedly violate our terms.