(11) Spoken at the "The Sixth Annual Adoption Policy Conference" at the New York Law School. Friday, March 6, 2009. The conference was sponsored by The Center for Adoption Policy, The Child Advocacy Program at Harvard Law School, and The Justice Action Center. During the same conference, Prof. Bartholet also said she preferred the phrase "baby selling" over child trafficking for adoption.
(12) http://adoptionresourcecenter.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=24 &Itemid=202 or http://tinyurl.com/ACTPR11-09
(13) click here=1102810860 366
(14) Bartholet (2009)
(15) Adoptive families magazine Guatemala adoption statistics http://www.adoptivefamilies.com/guatemala_adoption.php
(16) Jennifer Banks, (2004) Note, The U.S. Market for Guatemalan Children: Sugges-
tions for Slowing Down the Rapid Growth of Illegal Practices Plaguing Interna-
tional Child Adoption, 28 Suffolk Transnat'l L. Rev. 31, 40 (stating
that, "[i]nternational adoptions comprise ninety-five to ninety-eight percent of all
adoptions of Guatemalan children and virtually all of these adoptions take place
through an extrajudicial notary system").
(18) Bartholet (2009)
(19) O'Brien, Candace (2010) International Adoption: Unicef's and other critics war against international adoption. 411Mommy Feb 20. click here'-war-against-international-adoption/
(20) Oreskovic, J. and Maskew, T. (2009) "Red Thread1 Or Slender Reed:
Deconstructing Prof. Bartholet's Mythology Of International Adoption" Buffalo Human Rights Law Review Vol. 14, Jan 13 http://www.ethicanet.org/redthread_slenderreed.pdf.
(21) Pertman, Adam (2000) Adoption Nation,: How the Adoption Revolution Is Transforming America. Basic Books, pp 193, 195
(22) Nobel, Scott (1997) "Adoption: Minnesota's Policies Slow Child Placement"
(23) The Hemlseys: http://tinyurl.com/72s7kw; Desiree, who was told be her adopted daughters that they were stolen from their mother and think how you would feel being a party to something that despicable in the name of doing good: fleasbiting.blogspot.com;
"Meet The Parents: The Dark Side of International Adoption";
(24) LaparliÃ¨re, Murice. (2009) "Money plays too big a role in adoption"
Radio Netherlands Worldwide Aug. 288. http://www.rnw.nl/nl/node/20498