1. Democrats and a small number of Republicans no longer want to concentrate on sending troops to Iraq while the real fight on terrorism has been shamelessly ignored.
2. No longer concentrate our efforts in Iraq, involved in a civil war, while Ben Ladin and the true terrorists are plotting how to enter the United States and blow up bridges, railways, subways, buildings, etc. They work in small groups not in banded armies.
3. The premise "fight them over there so they will not come here" is a fallacy; Israel and the Palestinians have been fighting for years and unless we stop this escalation, that is what bodes for the American future, continuous fighting for years and years to come, with terrorist entering our country and bombs being set off on subways, buses, trains, malls, etc. War only brings war, while peace and negotiations are like throwing water on a raging fire.
4. More concentration on negotiations and bridging difficulties through talks and summits.
5. More concentration on protection of our borders which have been sadly neglected by the Bush Administration.
6. More money directed toward problems in the United States and not billions of dollars sent to "ghost employees" in Iraq that do not exist and allowing money to get into the enemies' hands.
7. And finally, allowing the Iraqi people to finally stand up for themselves. After all "self preservation" is one of the first laws of nature. And with U.S. troops gone, they will stand up and fight for their families and way of life and begin to bring order out of chaos. The Iraqi people will never fight side by side with U. S. troops against their brotherman. It does not take four years to train an army. These people have been fighting for years and they are fighting now: they are fighting each other and they are fighting the United States troops.
Thank God Democrats are finally in control again and can stop the madness, lies and deception and party rule no matter how wrong and bring back the goodwill this county has so long been known for. Thank God the troops will no longer have to fight for a lie that they are fighting for our freedoms, because the Iraqi people have never threatened our freedoms. No, the troops have been fighiting George Bush's war and not the real war on Terrorism!