Economic Meltdown + Guilt-by-Association + Assassination + Rioting + Bush Executive Order + Armed Troops in America = Martial Law.People are frightened. The economy is tanking. Heated campaign rhetoric result in death threats and accusations of treason. History shows that in unstable times like these the unthinkable can happen.
In the meantime, according to Naomi Wolf, "On October 1, 2008, President Bush deployed... three to four thousand" US Troops "somewhere in America." The reason given for the need to deploy armed soldiers (who, unlike the National Guard, are under the command of the President of the United States), in the US for the first time in history is to act as "crowd control" agents and--in the event of a "mass civilian catastrophe"--to restore calm... with rubber bullets, teargas, and tasers???
Excuse us for being paranoid, but, it seems Bush has a vested interest in seeing to it that Obama does NOT win this election. He needs a Republican President to serve at least one term in order to help him rewrite history and restore his legacy. If Bush's crimes are as despicable as many of us believe, who knows what he, Cheney and Addington would do to ensure a McCain/Palin victory?
For starters, we know they will and are rigging the election. Republican operatives use various techniques:
- unsubstantiated accusations of "voter fraud" to keep voter registration groups from successfully adding new voters;
- systematic purging of minority voters from the rolls -- (like sending mail to deployed National Guard reservists and to folks who have been displaced by Katrina, Ike and Rita, then purging the names of voters whose mail is returned as undeliverable. Recently they began purging voters whose names appear on foreclosure lists in newspaper's public notices;
- intimidate voters by mailing fliers claiming that folk with unpaid parking tickets, etc., will be arrested if they show up to vote;
- create obstacles like the Voting ID Act that require voters to show a government issued ID -- a law that adversely impacts minority, inner city voters who do not drive and do not have a passport;
- the tried and true voting machine hacking and tampering trick;
- and finally, when all else fails, ignite the culture wars to make lower and middle-class "low information" voters vote against their own economic interest so that the "liberal, unpatriotic, America-hating other" candidate will lose to the "patriotic war hero (even if he never served), regular Joe who you wanna have a beer with."
But this year, all these nasty tactics may not be enough. People get it that trickle-down economics defied the laws of gravity and meant fortunes just kept gushing upward. Jobs are gone, gone and still going. Gasoline prices have doubled, the dollar has plummeted, home equity and IRA's have less value.
The Republican brand is more than tarnished... it is mangled beyond recognition.
Thus, despite the fact that the Democratic candidate is Black... and liberal... and has a Semitic-sounding name, he is winning and winning big.
So what is a Republican operative to do?
Do they pray for a catastrophic miracle that allows for the unthinkable to happen? Do they create an environment that fosters the level of fear and loathing necessary to inspire a lunatic to "take out" the first African American Democratic nominee for president?
Will their not-so-subtle anti Muslim, anti-Black, anti-liberal, anti-Obama messages rile up the wing-nut base? From the crowd's reactions to these messages at McCain/Palin rallies, it would seem so.
And if someone does successfully inflict violence upon Obama that results in his death or injury, won't his supporters riot in the streets much as they did in over 60 cities after Martin Luther King Jr., was assassinated?
If that happens, won't Bush be justified in calling out his "troops" to quash the uprising?
Afterward, isn't it understandable that he would enact Martial Law to keep the peace and suspend the election until violence is calmed?
Couldn't he then install McCain/Palin to take over for him in January 2009, promising to hold new elections in the "not too distant future."
Connecting the dots to see where they lead. What do you think? Is it prophecy or paranoia?
We shall see....