In these tough times it is useful sometimes to specify exactly what you stand for and what are the dangers you feel and how do you, as a person consider the issue of the controversy and compromise. I would urge everyone on the OEN to join me in this. Here is my credo. No Pasaran- they will not pass!
1. This is my country. I came here more than 20 years ago with $300 and a family. I became a citizen in 5 years after that and I took an oath to love and protect it. I love and protect it since. The way I love and protect it is that when I see the types of people who destroyed my old country, the greedy malicious coven of medieval minds- I call them what they are and I declare how dangerous they are. This is my home. No Pasaran!
2. I had been homeless and I had been poor. I had taught the poor people and the people chronically hungry. I saw them and lived among them and I saw their eyes. I had been a refugee and a man without a country. I integrated with many kinds of people and anyone who either by stupidity or by malice preaches that poor people are lazy and that they are the reason they are poor is just a malicious harmful creature in my book. No Pasaran!
3. I am an atheist and always will be but I respect religions as the great achievement of human culture, something to learn and admire from the Gothic cathedrals to great Mosques. I declare that anyone who somehow proclaims that his/her religion is superior to ones of others or accuses the religion of others of being ' violent' or something else is either a damned fool or something even worse. Anyone who somehow considers that religious dogmas can be applied as guidelines to the secular living is an enemy of mankind. No Pasaran!
4. Hypocrisy is an enemy of Humanity. This country, my beloved is stricken by it as a malaise. Most of our media, our politicians, our representatives, our public figures are so drowned in it that they had forgotten how to say the truth. They lie from morning till night. No Pasaran!
5. This country is in seizure. This seizure is purely artificial, manufactured by the greedy thieves who used their political muscle and bought our institutions of governing. The best and the brightest are ousted and we have a bachhanalia of demons in power since Y2000. No Pasaran!
6. I am a technical professional. I know what does that mean to have a dynamic economy-it is my livelyhood. Dynamic economy, meaningful jobs- all start with a) cultivating honest workers and b)cultivatiing and nourishing the trade-unions of working class. I am a professional and I am all for a good, highly educated and highly demanding working class. Whoever is destroying the trade -unions is an enemy of this country. No Pasaran!
7. This country is in the crisis of identity. Pseudo- definitions like left or right are the ones misleading. The one and only criteria so far is rich/poor. That must change. We must become one. We must impose equality in the face of institutions of the society. Democracy in such a big country cannot survive without equality being its lubricant. We must switch from money to merit. We must have real power of the people. It is good for all of us except for those who want immediate quick buck. No Pasaran!
8. Our country is now the bully of the world. We are hated for our crimes. Those crimes are commited because we let them happen. We let our dogs go astray. It is time to restrain them, to show them that the people are the masters. No Pasaran!
9. Americans are no different than anyone else. There is no such thing as American exceptionalism. The faster we understand it the better we become. Everyone who for whatever reason preaches the American exceptionalism is an enemy of the American people. No Pasaran!
10. Here I stand. I declare here and now that I have nowhere else to go and that this country for me is the stage of final battle between good and evil. I will not hesitate even for a moment to point out the evildoers because I saw them before and I see them now. I am neither liberal nor conservative, neither left nor right. I am a free American who knows what he wants and knows who is an obstacle to peaceful and prosperous life in the country he loves and cherishes. The current shabash of the medieval forces on all levels as well as cowardice of those who are there to protect and serve are at the highest levels possible. We all are in danger from within and we all know that it is time to stand firm and draw the line. I announce that loud and clear: I am for the socialized country with strong federal government, nationalized education, healthcare (single payer) and main resources. I am for the highest possible level of the safety net and I would encourage to raise taxes and revenues on the federal levels while lowering them locally. I am for secularism and no teaching religion, except for the history of religions in classrooms. I am for equal rights for all, no discusisons. I am for national standards on K-12 curriculum and abolishing of the so-called school boards. I am for more political parties and taking money out of elections. I am for the SI system of measurements. I am for big projects and open borders with our neighbors. I am against the foreign wars. I am for powerful judiciary and prosecution of torturers. I am for the International Investigation of 9/11 and a Trial in New York. I am for seeing smiling and happy faces of the people when they see me, an American. I am for our children to live not in fear. If we have all that. I assure you all that we will have neither deficit nor debt. This is my home. I will fight for it. No Pasaran!