In a video posted online, Professor Raymond Tanter has denied that the Iran Policy Committee is a lobbyist for the Iranian Communist MEK (MKO, PMOI, NCRI, Rajavi Cult, or Pol Pot of Iran) terrorists.
|US Intelligence on Iran & the MEK|
|Friday, 30 March 2007|
|This investigative report produced by the Dateline programme probes into the role of the Mujahedin-e-Khalq (the MEK) in providing intelligence related to the Iranian nuclear programme to the US. The MEK is a listed terrorist organisation, which is amongst the world's most equipped and well armed, having under its control a functional military capability. Following the historic and infamous Iraq intelligence failures, this report questions once again the credibility of US intelligence sources.|
Unfortunately, the interviewer did not ask Professor Tanter who is funding the Iran Policy Committee (IPC).
The Iran Policy Committee has disclosed:
Members of the IPC: James Akins, Ambassador (ret.); Lt. Col. Bill Cowan, USMC (ret.); R. Bruce McColm, Lt. General Thomas McInerney; Captain Charles T. “Chuck” Nash, USN (ret.); Lt. General Edward Rowny, USA (ret.); Professor Raymond Tanter; Major General Paul E. Vallely, USA (ret.).
Contributions payable to the Iran Policy Committee (IPC) are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. The Committee is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization and is publicly supported as described in 509(a)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Committee’s IRS identification number is 20-2883425
The Iran Policy Committee
Alban Towers, Suite L-34
3700 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
Currently, Guide Star is showing the following disclosures for the Iran Policy Committee:
|IRAN POLICY COMMITTEE 911 DUKE ST |
% CLARE LOPEZ
ALEXANDRIA , VA 22314
- This organization is a 501(c)(3) Public Charity.
- This organization is required to file an IRS Form 990 or 990-EZ.
- Contributions are deductible, as provided by law.
- B05—Research Institutes and/or Public Policy Analysis
1. Clare Lopez is a former Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) employee who claims that she is no longer employed by the Iran Policy Committee. Clare Lopez continues to speak in support of the Rajavi Cult terrorists, claiming to be an independent consultant (without naming any consulting clients).
2. If Guide Star’s information is correct, then the Iran Policy Committee has failed to update even its address with the Federal Government.
3. If Guide Star’s information is correct, then the Iran Policy Committee has failed to comply with Internal Revenue Service (IRS) filing requirements.
4. The Iran Policy Committee claims to occupy only one suite in the Alban Towers. If the Iran Policy Committee discloses its Form 990, then everyone can know if the Iran Policy Committee is paying for additional suites in the Alban Towers.
5. On the day the interviewer visited Professor Tanter, there was no old bed left on the street in front of Alban Towers. Hopefully, Professor Tanter will disclose if the old bed came from any of the suites belonging to the Iran Policy Committee or to any of the individual members of the Iran Policy Committee.
6. In the video, Professor Tanter claimed to be a lobbyist for America. No American would support the totalitarian overthrow of Iran by the Pol Pot of Iran. The MEK has murdered American military officers, Rockwell International employees, and large numbers of Iranians and Iraqis. As noted in the video, the MEK was involved in the taking of the American Embassy hostages in Iran. The video shows MEK supporters waving their red communist flags.
7. It is time for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to disclose the financings of the Iran Policy Committee.