The Stalingrad Effect

Quicklink submitted by Rob Kall     Permalink
Related Topic(s): , Add Tags

View Ratings | Rate It

opednews.com

Become a Fan
  (287 fans)


At counterpunch.org

cabals dressed up as governments do not require majorities to continue their misrule, merely pluralities. So long as its popularity stays above approximately 35 percent of the population as committed supporters (the remaining 65 percent being split between impotent opponents and brain-dead indifferents), a determined and ruthless ruling clique can hold on to power indefinitely. But why does the faithful 35 percent not melt away like a snow cone in a blast furnace in the face of evident disaster and incompetence? The answer lies in the murky depths of primate psychology. What we are describing is similar, but not identical to, the Stockholm Syndrome (the tendency of some hostages to identify with their captors), and the Battered Wife Syndrome ('never mind he broke my nose: he really loves me.')

Read the rest of the story HERE:

At counterpunch.org


 

Comments

The time limit for entering new comments on this Quicklink has expired.

This limit can be removed. Our paid membership program is designed to give you many benefits, such as removing this time limit. To learn more, please click here.

Comments: Expand   Shrink   Hide  
No comments