I have 3 fans: Become a Fan. You'll get emails whenever I post articles on OpEdNews
PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING
A recent graduate from Flagler College, Jesse Ruth has been working as a freelance writer since April, 2013. Jesse is a GLBTQ activist who identifies as genderqueer or agender and prefers "they/their/them" pronouns.
As an activist and one who is strongly affected by Queer issues, Jesse has found a niche writing on this particular subject and hopes to shed light on a number of the issues at hand in the GLBTQ community.
Some general rules to keep in mind when commenting on my work:
I will not take anything you say seriously if you use any of the tactics outlined below:
- Accusing me of being a "liberal" - whatever that is.
- Attempting to appeal to my "liberal" sensibilities with references to politicians, media personalities, news sites/stations, organizations or celebrities that you assume, for some unknown reason, that I enjoy/worship/care about.
- Reference to any and all religious texts in order to back up your argument.
- Mention of or belief in any and all forms of "reverse discrimination."
- Logical fallacies. Just all of them, but especially ad hominem, straw man, begging the question, red herring, and false dichotomy.*
- Arguments that depend upon one's own personal (likely priviledged) experience as a justification to not care about an issue that does not effect them personally.
- ANY oppressive or discriminatory speech. This includes but is not limited to racism, misogyny, classism, sexism/genderism, ethnocentrism, cissexism, heterosexism, ablism, ageism*; any and all generalizations of entire groups, classified as "they do/are/were/will..." as a defense for these types of speech will get you flagged.
I'm sure there is more, but I can't think of any right now. If you cannot follow these rules, I request that you stop commenting because I will not respond.
* If you don't know what logical fallacies are or which ones you might be using, look it up and stop doing it.
* If you do not understand all of these terms, look them up on the Google machine under "social justice isms" you will find numerous sites outlining all of the above mentioned and more (note: anything "more" is also included in the above statement so long as it does not contradict other rules)