1. Born in 1931, city of Omsk, Russia
• Mendeleev Institute for Chemical Technology, Moscow, graduated as physico-chemist (1955);
• Institute for Engineering Physics, Moscow, Degree of Candidate in Technical Sciences (Dosimetry and Radiation Protection), 1962;
• Central Research Institute for Roentgenology and Radiology, Leningrad, Degree of Doctor in Biological Sciences (Biophysics), 1972.
3. Main activities
• Research Physico-Chemical Institute (1955–1964), Moscow/Obninsk, ultimately Division Chief
• Research Institute for Medical Radiology (1964–1979), Obninsk, Head of Laboratory;
• International Atomic Energy Agency (1974–1979), Vienna, Senior Officer (P5) – Section Head;
• All-Union Oncological Research Centre (1979–1984), Moscow, ultimately Head of Department;
• World Health Organization (1984–1994), Geneva, Radiation Scientist & Scientific Secretary to the WHO International Programme on the Health Consequences of the Chernobyl Accident;
• Member of the Editorial Board of "Medical Radiology and Radiation Protection" (a monthly in Russian), (1996–2001)
• Co-Chairman of the Scientific Review Group to the Joint US-Russian Health Studies Program under the Joint Coordinating Committee for Radiation Effects Research (1999–2002);
• Lecturer of the course "Radiation Emergencies" at the Moscow Mendeleev University (2008–2012).
• Scientific Leader of the Bureau for Investment and Project Proposals at the Foundation for Intellectual Technologies, Moscow (2003 up to now).
About 160 scientific publications in radiation technology, radiation protection, applications of nuclear techniques for biological, medical and environmental studies, health effects of radiation emergencies, etc.
OpEdNews Member for 90 week(s) and 0 day(s)
0 Articles, 0 Quick Links, 1 Comments, 0 Diaries, 0 Polls
Articles Listed By Date
No Articles have been submitted yet.