Drink: Don't Drink
[ edit ]
of first-class ideas
a second-hand dealer of
No such person, but Lori's close
[ edit ]
work:I founded (in 1997) and own an animal care service. LIONS Club: member Acton,CA LIONS Club. Lambda Chi Alpha Fraterniy: joined 11/77 at CSUN. Libertarian Party: member since 1999. motorcycle riding: when I have a bike to ride.
Lori, politics, philosophy, dancing, reading, motorcycles
Classical symphonic with heavy beats, new age jazz, Kitaro, Ravel's "Bolero", Straus's "Blue Danube Waltz",Oldfield's "Tubular Bells", Krafwerk's "Autobahn"...more
Favorite TV Shows:
24: the only show I have seen where the good guys and the bad guys are both nazis...
Bones: fascinating show...
Charmed: great candy...
gameshows: Cash Cab, Price is Right, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, Are you smarter than a fifth grader?
Riddick Chronicals: epic mythology Crash: reminds me of Greek theatre
Ayn Rand's work. Helprin's 'Winter Tale'. Tzu's "The Art of War". Hazlitt's 'Economics in One Lesson'. Vinge's 'Eyes of Amber'. Ringer's "Winning Through Intimidation".
1. "Freedom in its most elemental state is the power to withdraw one's consent when the State-or anyone else-lays an improper claim to one's life or property." -Will Grigg 'Reflections on Resurrection Sunday: We're Commanded to be Free' ProLiberate 3.23.2008
2. Garbage in, Gospel out -Howard Hayden
3. Sacred cows make the best hamburger. - Mark Twain
4. A man's greatest pleasure is to defeat his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them that which they possess, to see those whom they cherish in tears, to ride their horses, to hold their wives and daughters in his arms. -Ghengis Khan
5. Whenever I despair, I remember that the way of truth and love has always won. There may be tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they may seem invincible, but in the end, they always fail. Think of it: always.--Gandhi
6. How do we solve all the world's problems? Get the hungry to eat the homeless.-http://www.jokes2go.com/qtoday.html
7. "We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing." --attributed to Mother Teresa
8. "Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny."
-Monty Roberts, 'The Man Who Listens to Horses'
9. 'But where everyone is blind-- who misses the day, who notices the darkness?'--Joan D Vinge, 'The Crystal Ship'
10. 'Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own'--Robert Heinlein, 'Stranger in a Strange Land'
11. "Systems get improved to unusability". That's one of 'Converys Rules'. It applies to Nations as well as software. -Andrew Convery
OpEdNews Member for 195 week(s) and 0 day(s)
0 Articles, 0 Quick Links, 0 Comments, 0 Diaries, 0 Polls
Articles Listed By Date
No Articles have been submitted yet.