Does anyone find this first message disturbing? Legislators, computer scientists, fans of free, fair and transparent elections: speak up before it 's too late.
Black Box Voting : Latest Consumer Reports from Black Box Voting: OH - Cuyahoga's easy ways to fudge an election
Posted by Adele Eisner on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 07:59 am:
But is there any way at all to track it?
Oh my God! Talk about switcheroo possibilities.
Check this out from the CCBOE Booth Official Training manual (available online ) Pages 49-50 - google the Cuyahoga County BOE, click
on the icon for "Electronic Voting", then the link for the training
manual. The whole thing is there.
The following is about "accumulating data" at each polling place with
a "Zero Unit" with a "Zero Card"!!!
1. the BOE has PRE-designated the machines that will "accumulate"for
each polling place ( indicated by an orange dot label :)) What coding
could be in those machines
2. the "Zero Card" is "UPLOADED" on that designated machine - AFTER
all the people's voting has occurred.
3. no one has any ability to check the"Zero Card" for minus and plus
votes that make the supposed "ZERO".
4. the report from the designated zero machine is printed - AFTER THE
ZERO CARD IS REMOVED!
5. AFTER the accumulation and printing of the report from teh
individual machine memory cards - THE ZERO CARD IS THEN REPLACED!!!
AND IS THE THING USED AS THE OFFICIAL DATA TO BE TAKEN TO - Ta da! the
"SATELLITE CENTERS" with laptops - for TRANSMISSION (they call
"secure" - which means, from the public, of course,) to the BOE
THERE IS NO ABILITY TO KNOW WHAT THE "ZERO CARD" IS REPORTING. AND NO
ABILITY TO GET the PRINTED REPORT IN REAL TIME (ie. non-fudged time)
TO COMPARE TO DATA printed at the polling place to compare would be
broken back down into any intelligible, rectifiable form - which the
CCBOE seems to have an aversion against.
God knows what can then happen in "transmission" to the BOE, and
Blackwell's God knows what can then happen with the 88 T-1 lines he
has feeding into his office tabulator.
From the training manual.....
11.4 Accumulating Election Results
Once you have printed all reports from the precinct voting units,
complete these steps:
1. Eject Memory Cards from all BUT THE ZERO UNIT.
2. On the Zero Unit, press the Accumulator button in the Poll Worker
3. The Accumulator screen will appear. The Zero Unit will
automatically upload the Zero Card.
4. On the screen you will see "TS 0 " has been uploaded. "Operation
Complete. Please remove the Memory Card " will then appear on the
5. Remove the Zero Memory Card (with orange label) and place to the
6. Insert the next Memory Card (the Green sticker on the Memory Card
should be facing you as you insert the card). The Zero Unit will
automatically read the card and print on the report tape.
7. On the screen you will see "Operation Complete. Please remove the
Memory Card "
8. Repeat Step 6 and Step 7 for the remaining Memory Cards in the
9. When you have completed uploading the last Memory Card, remove it.
10. Return all Memory Cards to each respective precinct (Except Zero
11. Press Print Results.
12. AVPM Printer notification will appear on the screen.
13. Press OK when you hear a clicking sound.
14. The screen may ask if you want to "Print Write-in Votes? " Press
15. "Print long report? " will appear on the screen. Press NO.
WARNING!! Be careful that you DO NOT turn off the Zero Unit as you are
and removing Memory Cards during the accumulating process.
Ending the Election on the Electronic Voting Unit
WARNING!! The Orange Label should be facing away from you. You should
see the GREEN stickered dot as you are inserting the Memory Card.
11.4 Accumulating Election Results (Continued)
16. "Need another copy? " will appear on the screen. Press NO.
17. The Accumulator screen will appear.
18. Insert the Zero Memory Card (Orange Label) into the Zero Unit.
19. Once the Zero Memory card is in the Zero Unit, Press the Export
Results button. Press OK.
20. "Exporting Accumulated Data, Please Wait " will appear on the
21. "Export Results complete " will appear on the screen. Press OK.
22. The unit will return to the Accumulator screen.
23. Remove the Zero Memory Card from the unit.
24. Remove the Accumulation report and wrap it around the Zero Memory
25. Place the Zero Memory Card into the First Precinct 's Clear Memory
26. Press the Close button on the unit.
27. "Are you sure you want to shut down this voting terminal? " will
appear on the screen. Press YES.
TO: Noah Winer and Move On PAC
1 | 2