So, Ann Coulter goes on Donny Deutsch's CNBC show "The Big Idea" this past Monday and proceeds to insult the host. In front of her Jewish host she declared that Jews need to be "perfected" by becoming Christians, and that America would be better off if everyone were Christian, (Deutsch: "We should just throw Judaism away and we should all be Christians?" Coulter: “Yeah.”) To top it off she even asked Deutsch to go to church with her ("Would you like to come to church with me, Donny?").
Is anyone really surprised at her vile and insulting comments?
Now, not being Jewish I can’t really speak to Coulter’s anti-Semitic insults, even as obvious as they are. But I do find it somewhat incredible that Ann Coulter even presents herself as a Christian.
(During the show Coulter kept saying “We believe…” in reference to what Christians believe.)
I find it incredible because throughout her “career” in punditry Coulter has said some things which most people would find antithetical to true Christian belief:
· “We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity.”
· “We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too.”
· "We ought to spend that money that we're spending in Iraq on tracking down Bill Clinton and pursuing the death penalty."
· "Women like Pamela Harriman and Patricia Duff are basically Anna Nicole Smith from the waist down. Let's just call it for what it is. They're whores."
· “I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much.” (writing about women who lost their husbands in the terrorist attacks on 9/11)
· “So I've learned my lesson, if I'm gonna say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he'd been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."
· "If you don't hate Clinton and the people who labored to keep him in office, you don't love your country."
· "People like you caused us to lose that war." (said to a disabled Vietnam Vet)
· "My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."
Obviously, I could go on for quite a bit. But you get the idea.
Now, I believe in Free Speech, and even an ass like Ann Coulter deserves the protections offered by the US Constitution. She can say the most evil, vile and insulting things, and she can make a mint doing it. More power to her.
1 | 2