As a society, we can choose to understand the serious failures to protect children revealed since the clergy sex abuse crisis erupted in 2002 or we can ignore them. Unfortunately, if we remain silent and do nothing, we place others at risk in the future.
In my opinion, freedom of religion never included sex abuse and failures to report crimes. Sex abuse is not about sex -- it is about power and abuse. "Wolves in Disguise" are responsible for the failures to protect the civil rights of children. Afterall, children do not vote and they do not contribute to political campaigns.
"Wolves in Disguise" are the attorneys, political, government and religious leaders who use their influences to abuse the judicial process, to escape accountability for crimes committed against others. Will political, government and religious influences be held responsible in their roles as "Wolves in Disguise"?
Victims of crime, civil or criminal, are guaranteed due process of the law and a day in court. What happens when the judicial process and laws protecting children from sex crimes are not strictly enforced because of political, government or religious influences?
* Former Congressman Mark Foley, R-Florida, recently admitted to sending inappropriate emails to a minor child and has resigned his position in Congress. Was former Rep. Foley a wolf in disguise?
* Media has reported that a cover-up of the inappropriate emails may or may not have transpired. An investigation has commenced. Is the media a wolf in disguise accommodating political spin?
* Republican leadership is scrambling to come up with reasons that will place the public's trust at ease, weeks before an election. Are the finger-pointing Republicans wolves in disguise hoping to shift responsibility?
* Legal counsel stated that Mr. Foley was a victim of childhood clergy sex abuse, which in today's "sex abuse" climate, brings national attention to former Rep. Foley. Is legal counsel a wolf in disguise hoping to gain from the clergy sex abuse crisis?
* Rumors are now flying about former Rep. Mark Foley's alleged 11 years of misconduct and warning signs from government and political associates. Are the rumors circulating in actuality, "Wolves in Disguise" with intent to ignore due process of the law?
Due process of the law and a day in court is guaranteed to all persons equally. However, why have "Wolves in Disguise" failed to protect the safety of children with legislation and media support? Is POLITICS the highest priority in the U.S.?
Former Rep. Foley's emails have received national attention in just a few days BUT clergy sex abuse victims and their families have been SCREAMING for years against crimes that have destroyed lives. Why now?
Now that Former Rep. Foley's victimization as a clergy sex abuse victim has brought national media attention to government and politics in the U.S., maybe the media and the "Wolves in Disguise" will place the protections and civil rights of ALL children and vulnerable adults at the highest priority.
Without justice there will never be peace. Without peace, faith and our country's laws are empty.