Cowards, Slackers, and Stars; the 911 Truth Collective

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 1 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; (more...) ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; , Add Tags  (less...) Add to My Group(s)

Many years ago I stumbled across something that was so horrific I couldn’t contain my thoughts and feelings on what I had discovered. I was overwhelmed with the need to talk about it. And you know, since then, that feeling hasn’t gone away. The power of a cause is too simple a definition to put on how I feel about 911 because I don’t look at the issues surrounding it as a cause. It’s not a cause, it’s a crime scene in need of protection at the same time in need of exposure. I look at it with urgency, driven by a dire feeling in my gut. Move over Chertoff, my gut talks too and it’s growing louder.

The Truth movement has been a series of battles with little triumph, with most of those battles taking place on the inside, within our own ranks and our own minds. A turf war of sorts maybe? I get the feeling we are unknowingly and sometimes knowingly fighting each other, I have yet to discover what the prize of winning that fight would be. It’s a strange dynamic when you take a bunch of enlightened, astounded, talented, and pissed off people and put them together fighting for some righteous stake in history.

What started as a small number of people openly questioning the events of September 11th, 2001 has grown into countless groups and individuals - not just across the country, but across the world. In fact many of the Truth groups outside of the US began before many if not most of the groups inside the US. The reality of this growth however, is that it has caused us fragmentation not cohesion. Instead of new groups forming due to growth factors and need, new groups have formed over relationships and growing pains within the movement. Ill feelings, misunderstandings, disagreements and starmanship have all played their parts in this fragmental process. It is almost as if we stopped feeding off of our desire to invoke Truth and began to feed off of each other in a frenzy to be the next best thing. The next cool kids for the camera.

I have serious issues with the truth movement, not as a whole, but with different aspects of the whole. Here comes the rant, I won’t apologize though, as I believe what I have to say is long over due in being said. I believe if people would be open to the message I hope to impart, cohesion can come of it and egos and fear can be set aside. I can only hope I say the right things in the right order so that we can move forward in our mission, together.

I have issues with those who desire and strive to make money off of being a Truther. If you sell something for a cause and say the proceeds are going to a charity, they damn well better go to that charity. It should also be made clear how much of the profits actually go to said charity and how much stays in the coffers and what exactly it will be used for. Accountability. We expect it from this Government, we should demand it from ourselves. Understandably, it is fair to recoup our own hard costs, but when we begin making it a business we have failed. Our “business” is Truth, remember? Let us not forget.

Another thing that really rubs me the wrong way is this leeriness amongst us. We have every reason to be wary, but we also need to not cross the lines into outright paranoia. We have become our own worst enemy, who needs to worry about Big Brother watching when the Truth movement is so stalled by our own inability and refusal to work together in an open and cohesive manner? Who are you? Do you have a name and face to the movement? Unlikely as most Truthers hide in the anonymity of the Internet, afraid for whatever reasons to let their names or faces be known. How does that strengthen us? Have we become hundreds of secret societies under the umbrella of the Truth movement? We do not need to disassociate ourselves from each other just because there is no unified agreement on the “how and who” of 911. Instead, we need to combine our strength and associate ourselves with each other under the common message of 911 Truth which in itself merely means that we want answers to our questions.

Do you have any idea how many of us there are? No one does. Do you know why? The answer to that is obvious. Fear. Get over it. There is nothing to fear from each other, nor is there anything to fear from outing yourselves in the public eye. How can we expose 911 Truth if we do not expose ourselves? Visibility keeps us safe. It is a part of our strength. It is also the only way to grow in a fluid manner versus this sluggish piece meal growth we have been experiencing. I am proud to be a 911 Truther. I do not hide. Additionally I have no need to be a star in this effort and if you do then you need to ask yourself why and then ask how you being a star is going to make our world one of Truth, ultimately generating the justice we all wish to see. A collective has no leader. A collective is a team. The movement itself is the coach.

Cheri has worked in media for more than 20 years in one capacity or another. Her media years were spent mostly in broadcast radio; from being a live on-air radio host to creating and implementing engaging and effective marketing and promotional (more...)

Michael Hastings: A Non-Conspiracy Theory

Do You Have a Social Media Burial Plan?

The A-"bility" of Social Media

Brett McGurk, Embarrass-ador to Iraq

Why the Petraeus affair matters... SEX

6 Ways to Flirt With Your Wife Instead of Me

Comments

While I'm certainly NOT a 911Truther and often... by Tom Murphy on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 9:41:43 AM
.I challenge the credible quality of any 'obje... by meremark on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 2:58:41 PM
As a Founder of the 9/11 Truth Movement - I Disagr... by Bill Douglas on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 10:28:38 AM
Bill *this author* is not discouraging anyone from... by Cheri Roberts on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 10:58:30 AM
Buy an Architect/Engineer Lunch and Feed them 9/11... by Bill Douglas on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 11:01:02 AM
If you go to an Earth Day Event, if you go to any ... by Bill Douglas on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 11:03:22 AM
If it costs $4 to make, it sells for $20, you SAY ... by Cheri Roberts on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 11:20:46 AM
So much for the concept of "United we stand..... by Tom Murphy on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 11:00:56 AM
I encourage all to GET INVOLVED with the many stel... by Bill Douglas on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 11:05:46 AM
Which of course was the whole premise of the OP, u... by Cheri Roberts on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 11:34:00 AM
...as can be expected. Nobody is perfect, not even... by Tony Forest on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 3:26:45 PM
From Bill's own keyboard...involvement since *... by Cheri Roberts on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 12:53:53 PM
if you read the article you posted you'd see t... by Better World Order on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 1:17:06 PM
Thank you! I appreciate the heads up and apologize... by Cheri Roberts on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 1:34:49 PM
As a relatively new 9/11 truth seeker that has bec... by Joel S. Hirschhorn on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 12:37:20 PM
There are all sorts of things traveling through Co... by Cheri Roberts on Tuesday, Dec 25, 2007 at 9:37:19 AM
i agree that people should put aside their egos (e... by Better World Order on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 1:04:14 PM
Converting people into seeing the Truth is differe... by Cheri Roberts on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 1:26:26 PM
Thank you for taking my personal inventory, BWO.&n... by Tom Murphy on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 3:03:02 PM
and i'd still like to hear your thoughts on th... by Better World Order on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 3:32:29 PM
I'm relatively new in the truth movement, only... by JimZ on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 1:25:21 PM
and i apologize for my slightly snotty reply above... by Better World Order on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 3:25:57 PM
somehow got on the wrong thread... by Better World Order on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 3:26:52 PM
I appreciate and accept the apology. I hope the f... by Cheri Roberts on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 5:19:22 PM
Movements build whether they are "organized&q... by Bill Douglas on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 3:02:56 PM
does anything you keep posting relate to what I sa... by Cheri Roberts on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 3:08:58 PM
Americans Demand for a New Independent 9/11 Invest... by Bill Douglas on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 3:26:33 PM
Okies Bill. I am really laughing now because if yo... by Cheri Roberts on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 3:45:42 PM
Let's all get out there and do what we can!!It... by Bill Douglas on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 3:54:32 PM
Mr. Douglas:I also enjoy listening to Richard Gage... by Munich on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 5:06:17 PM
Contact Richard Gage at ae911truth.org with your s... by Bill Douglas on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 5:38:51 PM
The world is way out in front of America on this i... by dave stanley on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 6:49:08 PM
People need to be approached on their own level of... by Cheri Roberts on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 4:28:04 AM
I think it's people like Bill Douglas, a self ... by Michael Dyer on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 8:45:12 PM
I do actions with several groups including We Are ... by Cheri Roberts on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 4:41:41 AM
And I have to say, while I've visited this website... by Michael Dyer on Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 8:54:51 PM
For starters, it is of absolutely no use to critic... by Bill Douglas on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 1:17:28 AM
No one is criticizing the work of any Truther.... by Cheri Roberts on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 4:24:48 AM
 The below videos are inspirational, because ... by Bill Douglas on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 1:21:45 AM
Stay on topic? What is so threatening about my OP ... by Cheri Roberts on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 4:29:54 AM
Look, nothings perfect. Every movement I've be... by Mr M on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 3:09:30 AM
Unlikely. There are enough distractors and disinfo... by Cheri Roberts on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 4:37:21 AM
If all those seeking 9/11 truth did what this pers... by Bill Douglas on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 11:47:16 AM
   Mothersson  This was one of... by boomerang on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 7:32:45 AM
This was one of the last posts on George Washingto... by Tom Murphy on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 8:36:29 AM
Make the charges. Tell what you think you know. ... by John Hanks on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 1:07:24 PM
YAY! You!... by Cheri Roberts on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 1:43:32 PM
Is it possible that all of the oxygen atoms that o... by Maxwell on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 2:28:14 PM
<<p.s. I first learned of the 9/11 truth mov... by Bill Douglas on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 2:45:14 PM
so WTF do you think many of us have been doing for... by Tony Forest on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 3:00:27 PM
Who are you talking to?... by Cheri Roberts on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 2:51:32 PM
   Ms. Roberts, will you PLEASE stop int... by rhalfhill on Sunday, Dec 23, 2007 at 11:07:29 PM
"The hypothetical occurance [sic] you describ... by Tom Murphy on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 11:24:00 PM
"Do I have to list the USS Cole, African emba... by Tony Forest on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 2:57:36 PM
Does anyone in the 9-11 Truth movement understand ... by Bill Cain on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 9:19:56 PM
Actually Great Movements Are People to People Thru... by Bill Douglas on Friday, Dec 21, 2007 at 10:14:22 PM
Bill, nothing is going to change until someone fig... by Bill Cain on Saturday, Dec 22, 2007 at 7:58:35 PM
for that very thing to happen.  It's a pr... by Cheri Roberts on Saturday, Dec 22, 2007 at 10:08:08 PM
I hope your way works. Let me know when you expect... by Bill Cain on Sunday, Dec 23, 2007 at 9:53:56 PM
I think it can/will work...it's getting to tha... by Cheri Roberts on Sunday, Dec 23, 2007 at 10:05:18 PM
You know, this is exactly what I have been saying ... by Bill Cain on Monday, Dec 24, 2007 at 10:03:48 PM
We armor celebrities to come out, by expanding the... by Bill Douglas on Sunday, Dec 23, 2007 at 3:04:58 AM
Some changes are going down in the world which dee... by John Kusumi on Saturday, Dec 22, 2007 at 1:26:52 AM
My eyes were opened about 2 years ago; after viewi... by ronheri on Saturday, Dec 22, 2007 at 9:41:15 PM
Thank YOU!... by Cheri Roberts on Saturday, Dec 22, 2007 at 10:03:23 PM
All should follow this activists lead, and get 9/1... by Bill Douglas on Sunday, Dec 23, 2007 at 3:07:46 AM