Dear World Citizens & Global Space Community
Over the years the ISA has had to struggle against established thinking, ingrained power blocks based on rivalry, political objectives, and basic misunderstandings mostly from the fact that people/organizations globally did not properly understand what the ISA was or what it offered over the established way of doing things.
This has led to intense passions, entrenched protectionism, unfortunate misunderstandings, and even clashes of words and deeds, which have been less than positive for all concerned. We truly hope for better relations.
The ISA has grown over the years, since it was conceived in 1982, to its formal founding in 1986, to its formal incorporation in 1990, which has been guided by a very small but determined group of visionaries and dreamers. Yes, the ISA has been by the standards of, NASA, RSA, ESA, and Big Companies like Boeing, Arriane Space, and Energia, a very small and insignificant organization with limited resources, support, and understanding.
However, all things must have a beginning! The Airplane had the Wright Brothers and fragile Wright Flyer. NASA had the NACA. ESA evolved from a small band of intensely competitive independent European states. And so on, and so on.....
Has the International Space Agency made mistakes over the years? Yes, and mostly from inexperience and lack of proper resources and support. However, ISA has grown, learned, and matured over the years, and soon will have better resources. We at least deserve to be recognized for our determination and zeal.
Has the ISA had the luxury of status and power like NASA, RSA, or ESA? No, but ISA is still young, and has not yet come of age, or achieved its matured state of development or even its full capability.
Presently the Bush Administration, and NASA, have dedicated the American People to a dream to reach for the Stars! The Russian President, and RSA, have formally stated that International Cooperation is needed on the Space Frontier and have backed this with resolve and dedication. The European Community, and ESA, have likewise formally acknowledged that cooperation is not only needed, but is necessary if any real success is to be achieved. The Chinese President, and CNSA, have with great effort and resolve, entered the space arena in meaningful and major ways, and becoming only the third Nation in history to achieve human orbital space missions, and furthermore making it also known that they would welcome cooperation. Other smaller and emerging Space Nations, have in a massive flurry over the last few months negotiated and positioned themselves to take advantage of the opening of the next Great Human Space Frontier. Which they all know is very near to being fully opened to human efforts and enterprise, and will represent many Trillions of Dollars in New Jobs, New Technologies, and many New Economic Opportunities Globally.
With this great opportunity and spirit of good will globally, we at the International Space Agency, plead, and propose the following agenda supported by the Global Space Community, in tandem with the opening of the ISA Offices in Washington, D.C.
1) This Spirit of Good Will & Cooperation be Formally Embodied in a draft ISA Charter, which will be signed by all interested Space Nations & Space Organizations Globally, and will act as a starting point to develop more formal Treaty & Legal Agreements By, and Between, ISA Member States & Organizations. This Historic & Important Document will bring the International Space Agency to its next logical stage of development, and will formally acknowledge the International Space Agency as such.
2) Each new ISA Member State & Organization will dedicate a formal liaison to their Head of State or Chief Executive Officer, which will act as the official representative of that Member State or Organization To, and on the Behalf Of, the ISA Organization. This will eliminate red tape and unnecessary bureaucratic entanglements & posturing, and allow rapid and focused development of the ISA Organization and it's planned and proposed Programs, Projects, Missions, and Efforts.
3) Each new ISA Member State & Organization will dedicate one full time staff person, to work at the new ISA Offices in Washington, D.C., under the direction & authority of the ISA Director & Chief Executive Officer, to accomplish ISA Administrative & Operational Directives & Efforts.
4) Each new ISA Member State & Organization will dedicate two University students, one Male, and one Female, to work at the new ISA Offices in Washington, D.C., under the direction and authority of the ISA Staff.
5) Lastly we propose a Diplomatic & Executive meeting to occur in some location in Washington, D.C., at some date and time. This meeting would be private, and would be attended by all interested States & Organizations wishing to Negotiate and Participate in the Drafting of the First Draft of the ISA Charter, and to become Signatories to that First Draft of the ISA Charter.
Since this letter will have wide global circulation, we know those of power and influence, including Presidents of USA & Russia and other Countries, and Leaders in National Space Agencies & Aerospace Corporations will be made aware of this letter, sooner or later.
1 | 2