Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter Share on Facebook 2 Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest Share on Fark! Share on Reddit Share on StumbleUpon Tell A Friend (2 Shares)
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites View Stats   10 comments

Will You Do Anything?

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 2 pages)
Related Topic(s): , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Must Read 3   Well Said 3   Supported 2

opednews.com Headlined to H3 2/11/13

(Article changed on February 11, 2013 at 15:39)

(Article changed on February 11, 2013 at 11:37)

(Article changed on February 11, 2013 at 11:36)

Sometimes there is an overwhelming feeling to  address the general topic. We  are very reactive  nowadays; don't  we  notice what happens with our young people?

US is  the country of the young. At the same time it is the country where young pay the most sacrifice.  600000 people who died  in the Civil War were young.  Young people died in WWI, WWII, Vietnam and  in all series of wars our  elite had unleashed  for whatever reasons, all wrong. Young people are subjects to  change of the laws, to cuts in spending, to restrictions, regulations and mass unemployment. Young people are the ones who do abortions, who are a part of war on drugs,  who are  being harassed by being not paid, who  have no health insurance and who have  very little  voice. Young people are lured  but ignored. We lure them by a perspective of individual success  and  tell them to work hard.  We throw them into a cauldron and smirk at their efforts. Then they  get the message and they say the desired:

- I will do anything.

This  is the main message we convey to them: you must be ready and willing to do anything  to succeed. Anything. To anyone, With anyone. For anyone.Whatever.
We pound them with that message. We drown them in that sh*t.

In the movie 'Enemy Of The State' the CIA covert team  does anything to track a target inside of the US  borders. It is illegal, wrong and  stupid but they do it anyway, do it with gusto, with enthusiasm and  stamina; they are  unstoppable   until they are all killed in the crossfire.  When they are  killed nobody gives a  damn; who cares  for a pack of jackals?

by wikipedia

In  the Netflix series  'The House of Cards' a young woman  practically succumbs to periodic rape  by  a  congressman  just to get the inside information. Other young women tell her that she is not an exception, but the rule. Nobody cares. Nobody will help.  In all those hypothetical cases as well as in numerous  real ones parents  do not interfere because  they are afraid that their children will not succeed.  They are  afraid that  if their child would not be able to do ANYTHING, then he/she will be branded difficult,  incommunicado,  prima -donna  and will never find a job. And yes, they are right.

The prohibited   question is  WHY.  It is an old  rule for  all interviewees-never ask WHY. Never doubt, never undermine, never  stop the process.  You must fit the conveyor or you are  out. You must be a team-player. Yes, they all tell you to think out of the box, to be open- minded, etc. but only inside the team, only within the boundaries, only straightforward.
You must be able to do anything.

We  have cohorts, regiments of them now. I pass them every day. I see them in boutiques in the malls. in the franchises, in the  fast-food ventures,  I see students, interns, apprentices, graduate students, young scientists. And I see those eyes.  Maybe I am very subjective  but  those are the eyes of the jackals. They have no glimmer, no joy, no  personality. All they have is ruthlessness but  even that one is the one of the puppy. They snarl but they have no teeth. So they serve the big wolves who have teeth and those bite them from time to time and  they squeal. It is so pathetic.

Oh, how much time we spend talking about our love  of our children. But let me tell you: we don't love them. We love in them what  is similar to us.  Deep inside, after all those humiliations we had endured we  won't mind them to endure something  similar. For their own good, surely. We love our reflection.

If  a young person reads this, please, do not promise to do ANYTHING.  You will never succeed that way. Please, do not drop your  pants  on the interview  when requested  even if they promise you a job for that. Please, do not surrender your soul.  Do not screw old men. Do not  think that will help you to become a professional. You will  just be a  a screwy person, nothing else.

Ask WHY. Don't be afraid to ask WHY.

I have sic honest serving men
They taught me all I knew
Their names are WHAT and WHY and  WHEN
And HOW and WHERE and WHO.

I send them over land and sea
I send them East and West
But after they had worked for me
I give them all a rest.

I give them rest from nine till five
For I am busy then
As well as breakfast, lunch and tea
For they are hungry men.

But different folks have different views
I know a person small
She has 10 million serving  men
Whom gives no rest at all.

Next Page  1  |  2

The writer is 57 years old, semi- retired engineer, PhD, PE, CEM. I write fiction on a regular basis and I am also 10 years on OEN.

Contact Editor View Authors' Articles
Related Topic(s): , Add Tags

Human Coprophagia

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND

They Think Of Us As Slaves ( small note with big conclusion)

Y2012- The Year Of A Coward

The School. Reading 'To Kill a Mockingbird' in Russia

Glory and Malice

Comments

and I hope it reaches....... by Mark Sashine on Monday, Feb 11, 2013 at 11:17:22 AM
That leads to better research and analysis and fut... by Michael Collins on Monday, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:36:18 PM
You manage to sum up how kids today-- and a lot of... by Rob Kall on Monday, Feb 11, 2013 at 2:00:34 PM
Love your lyricism, and your honesty. Go to my aut... by Susan Lee Schwartz on Monday, Feb 11, 2013 at 2:13:35 PM
... America!" Sir,  Could it be true tha... by Ad Du on Monday, Feb 11, 2013 at 2:45:54 PM
although Feynman's Physics Course and Berkeley&nbs... by Mark Sashine on Monday, Feb 11, 2013 at 3:35:34 PM
... for I would rather join him - my (intellectual... by Ad Du on Monday, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:11:54 PM
  Sweet Lady Truth Sweet Lady Truth ... by Theresa Paulfranz on Monday, Feb 11, 2013 at 3:31:04 PM
CYRANO: Oh, yes? But what would I have to do for... by Mark Sashine on Monday, Feb 11, 2013 at 6:20:21 PM
 And many even your own family will think you... by Theresa Paulfranz on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2013 at 8:08:51 PM