Add this Page to Facebook!   Submit to Twitter   Submit to Reddit   Submit to Stumble Upon   Pin It!   Fark It!   Tell A Friend
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite Save As Favorite View Article Stats
41 comments

What Should the Title of Bush's Memoirs Be?

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 2 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Well Said 3   Funny 3   Must Read 1

Headlined to H3 4/27/10

I have written a couple of times about this before but it appears the moment is finally arriving.

Yes, Bush is bringing out his memoirs.

If you wondered where he has been for the last few months then his publishers apparently have the answer"

"Since leaving the Oval Office, President Bush has given virtually no interviews or public speeches about his presidency," the statement said.

"Instead, he has spent almost every day writing Decision Points, a strikingly personal and candid account revealing how and why he made the defining decisions in his consequential presidency and personal life."

This may well be true given that it does take a while to learn how to read and write.

As you may have noticed from the quote, the book is to be called "Decision Points". I wonder if it is a reference to this brilliant piece of analysis"

"I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the Secretary of Defense." Washington, D.C. April 18, 2006

However, the book could be full of serious and weighty political comment like"

"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake." on his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, May 7, 2006

Anyway, my older posts were about what would be an honest title for the book. My suggestion was Making The World Safe for Oligarchy but someone in my family brilliantly came up with Better the Monkey than the Organ Grinder (I really suggest you look at that organ grinder link"it is very funny indeed).

So I would like to ask you what do you think the honest title for the memoirs should be?

Suggestions in comments please.

------------------------------------------------------------

Next Page  1  |  2

Scotland's Michael Greenwell has worked, at various times, as a university tutor, a barman, a DJ ("not a very good one," he clarifies), an office lackey, supermarket worker, president of a small charity, a researcher, a librarian, a volunteer worker in Nepal during the civil war there, and "some other things that were too tedious to mention." Nowadays, he explains, "I am always in (more...)

What have we got to gain?

The Misanthropic Principle

Interview with Edward Current

What Should the Title of Bush's Memoirs Be?

Great Missing the Point Moments in History - Two - Crop Circles

I love a planet with a happy atmosphere

Comments

I suppose I missed out "War Criminal" as a possibi... by Michael Greenwell on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:39:37 AM
My suggestion is "How to turn a Democracy into a F... by liberalsrock on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 12:23:40 PM
but the other titles are good, too!... by Jill Herendeen on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 12:51:04 PM
You Too Can be President! (The law only says you h... by truthseeker7 on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:03:32 PM
a Dumbass.... by GLloyd Rowsey on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:13:33 PM
... by Allan Wayne on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 7:10:29 PM
I like it. Right to the point. How about, "How Ir... by WML on Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 5:34:49 AM
"How Iraqued" has just the sales touch of a big pu... by GLloyd Rowsey on Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 9:26:57 AM
A President's Race to the Historical BottomLe Delu... by Charles Klaer on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:14:46 PM
Sorry, but my comments form is stuck on italics fo... by Michael Greenwell on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:51:52 PM
DELUSION POINTHow I Fu**ed Up Everything And Deny ... by TomK on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:52:52 PM
what a great way to cop out of everything ! good ... by patricia win on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:55:36 PM
In the light of the way the 2000 election worked o... by Michael Greenwell on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 2:00:05 PM
Mein Humpf... by Jay Farrington on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 2:12:24 PM
WHAT? ME WORRY? WITH HIS FACE CHARACTURED LIKE ALF... by patricia win on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 2:13:46 PM
Written in Latin, Bush translates as Dumus, or mor... by Bill Parlette on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 3:13:56 PM
For once, he would be telling the truth.... by Daniel Geery on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 3:41:42 PM
The title should be- "How I got away with murder a... by Caronome on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 3:56:45 PM
"I believe that man and pish can coexist peacefull... by Michael Greenwell on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 4:25:09 PM
In retrospect, very difficult to be civil. Diane ... by Diane Cadonau on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 4:31:21 PM
The title of Bush's memoirs should be "How I Duped... by James Mc Shane on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 4:55:47 PM
"The Worst President in History's Candid Confessio... by Marta Steele on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 6:21:35 PM
"Boozing and Blow is more Fun when your President"... by Adam Smith on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 6:22:03 PM
... by Allan Wayne on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 7:14:58 PM
They Called me Dumb but how about the Public: The ... by gravity32 on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 8:19:29 PM
Subtitle: An Unrepentant Major League A**hole... by Blaine Kinsey on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 8:49:26 PM
"Fishin' Accomplished" OR "Jobs My Daddy Got Me"... by J. Edward Tremlett on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:38:20 PM
I liked em.... by boomerang on Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:26:42 AM
" A Barrel of Gaffs and a Bush Hell of Fun""Bushma... by boomerang on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:59:23 PM
Subtitle: Suckers!!... by 911TRUTH on Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:54:22 PM
My Life in the Bush of Ghosts... by Perry Logan on Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 5:23:29 AM
Very good everyone! My Struggle. Why come up wit... by Ned Lud on Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 7:17:12 AM
"The President Who Would Be King""My Life As A Dou... by mnmike44 on Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 10:09:09 AM
How I Won a War Without Knowing Shi'ite from Shino... by Jay Farrington on Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:34:04 AM
And the winner is.................. "Mein Humpf" a... by patricia win on Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 4:27:00 PM
After I posted these, I realized I should have use... by Jay Farrington on Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 8:34:51 PM
Well, since mine didn't win, let me give my take o... by TomK on Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 2:23:04 PM
Thanks for all the great comments.Will collate the... by Michael Greenwell on Friday, Apr 30, 2010 at 4:06:46 AM
I NEVER CHANGE MY MIND! WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THE D... by DEBRA HOOD on Saturday, May 8, 2010 at 1:08:58 AM
The Idiot's Guide to Being President... by Jackie Feazell on Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 5:48:21 PM
I think you must be signed in to comment, or not? ... by Jay Farrington on Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 6:23:44 PM