UN Human Rights Council: America's Imperial Tool
by Stephen Lendman
HRC supports power and privilege.
In 1945, the UN was established:
- "to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war;
- reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights;
- (support) equal rights of men and women....of nations large and small;
- establish conditions under which justice....can be maintained;
- promote social progress;
- practice tolerance and live in peace; and
- (promote) economic and social advancement of all peoples."
It failed on all counts. It's largely a US imperial tool. It's been so from inception.
With few exceptions, the UN Human Rights Council (HRC) marches in lockstep with Washington. It does so shamelessly. Poland's Remigiusz Henczel serves as president.
America's waging hot war on Syria. It does so politically, economically and other ways against Iran.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon aides and abets Washington's agenda. So does the Human Rights Council.
Former Maldivian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ahmed Shaheed, serves as Special Rapporteur for Human Rights in Iran. He does so dishonorably. He takes State Department blood money.