America is on the brink of total collapse. America got here because of greed by Wall Street and Washington who stuffed their pockets for years, on bad investments and then when the scam was exposed, these scumbags put their hands out and called in the favors they had paid for in Washington to "bail" them out and protect them from legal and public retribution. It is all about money and We the People need to remove money from the equation.
The following are what I believe are imperative reasons for a national sales tax:
1. A national sales tax would reduce the IRS to only collecting the sales tax and maybe a small flat tax to support the basic military costs (non-war), Medicare and social security.
2. A national sales tax would remove the taxpayer funded "waste" in Washington as only essential services could be funded. Extras, pork and stuffing one's pockets would not have the steady mandatory taxes available to steal from as we do today.
3. A national sales tax would put Government payroll at the bottom of the funding list so that those who have a job in Government do their job before they get paid. This would include all of the politicians and would have many benefits.
4. A national sales tax would make sure that our elected officials actually work for us. If their paycheck and pork, with the total elimination of PAC money and lobbyists payments to politicians, would only come when the economy is good and Americans are spending. If our politicians work against Americans, such as policies that have high unemployment, banking practices that crash the economy their pay would be directly affected. If the SEC or others such as those who failed in the Gulf do not do their jobs, the economy fails, they do not get paid.
5. A national sales tax would require the Government to only fund projects that have value and are not redundant. A balanced budget, don't we already have that law?
6. A national sales tax would provide long term growth plan and prosperity for all Americans as part of the power Americans would have is to by only Made in America forcing the Government and industry to manufacture here, providing jobs and therefore spending and therefore taxes.
I am sure there are many other reasons that a national sales tax is a good idea but these are the major ones I see. It is a win for America and will break the back of the money trail of corruption that we have now. What are your thoughts?