The Voice of Vladimir Putin

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 1 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; (more...) ; ; ; ; ; ; , Add Tags  (less...) Add to My Group(s)

Funny 4   Interesting 1

opednews.com Headlined to H3 9/12/13

I find it fascinating that Vladimir Putin counts on the American people's gullibility to believe his op-ed article in the New York Times yesterday. There may be merit in his argument that other countries feel they are exceptional. Most citizens feel a deep loyalty to their own country and have pride for where they live. To love our roots is normal.

However, there is sound argument that America IS exceptional. Vladimir's op-ed is not only weak but exposes his true motives and political perspective. Consider the following.

Under no circumstances would the President of Russia invite our President to offer an op-ed to his countrymen.  Under no circumstance would Putin allow the leaders of France, UK, or any other leader with an opposing point of view to offer their opinion or present evidence contrary to his own.

The citizens of Russia are good people. Most only wish to live their life in freedom and peace. But they are controlled by a president who does not hesitate to imprison them for their beliefs or actions that oppose his own. He will do and say whatever is necessary to maintain his control. His article appears to be a benevolent outpouring. What it is, is an attempted seduction of Americans. In truth, it is manipulation.

Simply, he has taken advantage of America's freedoms and our weariness with war. He perceives our divide and intends to use that divide to further split open our great nation.

We get to choose. We can instead see he has proven President Obama's proposition: America is exceptional.

Every American citizen has been provided the opportunity to consider Putin's argument. Some Americans will agree with him. Some will disagree. Redundant but worth repeating, America is exceptional. No one will be thrown in jail for reading the paper nor will anyone's rights be violated for voicing their opinion about it or any other matter of our government.

Yes, diplomacy is worth the effort. The pain of loss is real for all people. It does not matter to what nation a person belongs. It does not matter the religious affiliation or the color of one's skin. Loss is the same for everyone. It breaks hearts and spirits and in war inspires hatred and vengeance. The Syrian people have suffered unduly at the hands of their regime. If further loss can be prevented then there is great hope.

But hope is not based on fact, it is based upon faith.

The fact: Putin has no interest in our version of democracy. By submitting his op-ed article, he has thrown up a smoke screen to the American people and asked us to believe his version of reality. He has made a high-waged bet and hopes our desire for peace will make his argument believable. He is using the dissension in our country to buoy his own support for Syria. He believes us to be gullible.

Americans get to choose. Do we follow a man who imprisons his fellow countrymen and women for speaking out about his leadership, who controls their right to have their voice, or who violates human rights to maintain his control and power?

Or do we set aside our own prejudices and doubt and trust the leadership of our country and other powerful countries who believe in human rights?

It's a poor bet if we believe Putin. But, we can. We can believe him without threat of imprisonment. We can even write our own op-ed. That is why the United States IS an exceptional nation and why as citizens we are fortunate to call America our home.

by The Guardian

Take action -- click here to contact your local newspaper or congress people:
Our political division is hurting America

Click here to see the most recent messages sent to congressional reps and local newspapers

Candace George Conradi is a best-selling and influential author known for her provocatively insightful prose about life. Her readers are impressed with her innate kindness, generosity and wisdom and find her work timeless. Her eclectic books speak (more...)

The Voice of Vladimir Putin

Comments

Ms. Conradi,  Can a great nation be gullible ... by Ad Du on Thursday, Sep 12, 2013 at 9:59:10 PM
I believe that freedom is a very complex thing and... by Candace Conradi on Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 10:38:57 AM
cheerleader reasoning............... by thomas vesely on Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 6:56:33 AM
Dear Thomas, While I can appreciate your comment m... by Candace Conradi on Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 5:57:53 PM
But your article is totally pollyanish in nature, ... by Rob Kall on Sunday, Sep 15, 2013 at 10:57:52 AM
Yes, Candace Conradi is a Pollyanna type Rob Kall.... by Michael Daly, artist on Monday, Sep 16, 2013 at 1:02:23 AM
Candace Conradi  is the puff of powder th... by Michael Daly, artist on Monday, Sep 16, 2013 at 1:50:46 AM
I disagree with Candace Conradi, who writes as if ... by Michael Redmond on Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:19:12 AM
I appreciate your comments Michael but I find your... by Candace Conradi on Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 6:07:13 PM
Thanks for the reply, Candace. As I see this, Puti... by Michael Redmond on Saturday, Sep 14, 2013 at 12:04:25 AM
Thank you Michael for your perspective and for poi... by Candace Conradi on Monday, Sep 16, 2013 at 9:00:02 AM
Putin has no interest is the US version of democra... by Dan Pearce on Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:20:41 AM
I happily allow security at airports to keep me sa... by Candace Conradi on Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 6:31:03 PM
You thought a couple of terrorists flying planes i... by Arend Rietkerk on Monday, Sep 16, 2013 at 12:12:03 AM
Ms. Conradi, I'm sure you are sincere, but things ... by Hosea McAdoo on Wednesday, Sep 18, 2013 at 8:39:52 PM
my dear Candace, you say:   "Or do we set as... by eric forat on Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:22:24 AM
I can see, Eric, that you are deeply disillusioned... by Candace Conradi on Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 10:27:54 PM
I guess I should get this out of the way first: In... by PCM on Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 1:53:57 PM
It appears that you have pointed out the many flaw... by Candace Conradi on Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 6:19:44 PM
You know, I'd be remiss if I didn't tack on a corr... by PCM on Saturday, Sep 14, 2013 at 1:04:35 PM
Nazi Germany was quite exceptional.In exceptional ... by Joe Giambrone on Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 3:30:21 PM
It wholly depends upon what "exceptional" means to... by Candace Conradi on Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 6:23:53 PM
This comment is not intended to be critical of... by michael payne on Saturday, Sep 14, 2013 at 6:10:44 PM
Thank you for your comment. I know America has fa... by Candace Conradi on Monday, Sep 16, 2013 at 9:26:07 AM
As I began to read that "Under no circumstances w... by Enrique Ferro on Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 7:41:50 PM
the whole article is total nonsense. It  is f... by Mark Sashine on Saturday, Sep 14, 2013 at 7:20:09 PM
The Voice we heard was the voice of an EQUAL, lock... by Mark Sashine on Saturday, Sep 14, 2013 at 8:18:45 PM
A US response to Putinclick here... by sand fessler on Sunday, Sep 15, 2013 at 11:22:07 AM
This was not a US response, it was an opinion by a... by Candace Conradi on Monday, Sep 16, 2013 at 9:37:44 AM
I will take your point that the US enjoys more fre... by Maxwell on Sunday, Sep 15, 2013 at 1:23:15 PM
The heart of Putin's OpEd you haven't spoken to, t... by Dennis Loo on Sunday, Sep 15, 2013 at 2:04:19 PM
Dear Dennis, I would ask you this. If you had some... by Candace Conradi on Tuesday, Sep 17, 2013 at 6:34:38 PM
But in this case the ones who have copied and dist... by Maxwell on Tuesday, Sep 17, 2013 at 7:36:06 PM
I also have to say that one needn't be gullible to... by Maxwell on Sunday, Sep 15, 2013 at 8:44:05 PM
Like thorazine. Your platitudes and totally p... by Rob Kall on Monday, Sep 16, 2013 at 11:15:36 AM
You take my comments and twist them for our own mo... by Candace Conradi on Tuesday, Sep 17, 2013 at 6:39:14 PM
just what did I twist, and how did I twist it to s... by Rob Kall on Tuesday, Sep 17, 2013 at 7:20:29 PM
I haven't been able to see the US as exceptional s... by x_Warrior on Monday, Sep 16, 2013 at 1:32:14 PM
I am so very grateful to you for your service, so ... by Candace Conradi on Tuesday, Sep 17, 2013 at 6:43:10 PM
This will be my final post to this oped. I have ... by Candace Conradi on Wednesday, Sep 18, 2013 at 6:41:43 PM
'Or do we set aside our own prejudices and doubt ... by Mark Sashine on Wednesday, Sep 18, 2013 at 7:27:00 PM
Very well said!... by Hosea McAdoo on Wednesday, Sep 18, 2013 at 8:54:57 PM