Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter Share on Facebook 7 Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest Share on Fark! Share on Reddit 1 Share on StumbleUpon Tell A Friend 12 (20 Shares)
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites View Stats   67 comments

Tales Of A Female Nothing! Dear GOP God, It's Me, Jillian...

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 2 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Must Read 15   Well Said 10   Supported 4

opednews.com Headlined to H2 6/29/11

By Jillian Barclay

Prayer To The GOP God!

Dear GOP God,

It's me, Jillian. Hope you are listening, because I need for You to hear me. I know that I have sinned. I know that as a woman, I am not smart enough to make decisions about my health care or my body. I can spell 'uterus', but am certainly not intelligent enough to know what a uterus is. I have a uterus, but I am not sure what it is designed to do. I have other female body parts, but am not capable of determining how to best care for those parts.

I do know what cancer is, dearest GOP God. I know You are aware that breast cancer killed my mother when she was only 56 years old. Her death tore a hole in my heart that has never been filled, but beyond that, I guess I don't know anything about women's cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes or even strokes. I know what birth control is, but You obviously know more. I know that a woman's right to choose is Satan's flawed idea and demonstrates the presence of his evil on earth! I know that I have fought and advocated for women's rights and equality my entire life. What can one expect? I am just a woman, so unworthy and so incapable of independent thought. How wrong I have been!

I should have believed in Your wisdom, as the one and only true Leader of our country. I am now ready to admit my wrongdoing and the evil of my ways.

I am ready to give up my godlessness and I will allow my GOP elected representatives to make my personal health decisions for me. In every GOP God state in this great country, Your holy and esteemed GOP governors are defunding Planned Parenthood, denying funds for free and low cost clinics that provide medical care, cancer screeings, mammograms and birth control. Even though these facilities primarily treat poor women, that must be Your will, because these governors and leaders speak to You on a daily basis. After the daily conversations that they have with You, then they make the rules that You must want. I am too uninformed and You never speak to me the way that You speak to them. After all. they are Your prophets here on earth. Most of them are men, so there is no doubt in my mind that they should have ultimate control over my life and death. That is what You teach, right? That women are unworthy? That women owe their very existence to men and must follow the rules that are handed down by You directly to them? You have provided us with free will, dear GOP God, but maybe that was just for men. I am sure that You will eventually tell Your GOP prophets that I should not be allowed to vote, either. And that will be okay, too, because I am just...

Your servant,

A Female Nothing

Like Hell! GOP God!

Ohio's Legislature has just passed the most restrictive abortion law in this country. The state has outlawed abortion from the very moment that a fetal heartbeat can be detected. This is a violation of Federal Law. State after state, the GOP God and His prophets here on earth are LYING! Federal funds are NOT used to fund abortion. They have been prevented by law from use to pay for abortions.

I am not ignorant. I am educated, have supported and raised my children by myself, without a husband; not by choice, but by way of death. I have been employed in the health care field my entire life and consider myself to be a highly-skilled professional. Do NOT impose GOP 'Sharia' law on me or my sisters. I will not be subservient. If I disagree with your religious views, you have NO right to impose your religious beliefs upon me... Back off!

A special note to GOP male prophets: I have more knowledge about the physiology and mechanics of your male bodies and male health issues than most of you. I do not try to legislate nor would I ever try to legislate my morality or religious views upon you.

The Obscenity Of Coerced Religious Conversion!

Obscenity is the attempt to control a woman's right to choose. How dare anyone tell a woman that she cannot choose her own destiny, the path that her life will take or what legal medical procedures she may have performed! Abortion has been a settled legal issue in the United States since the mid-1970's. Those that disagree with the decision try to re-litigate it everyday. If you disagree with the decision, you are free to abstain from seeking an abortion. You are NOT free to impose your religious views on me. Every discussion involving pregnancy termination inevitably turns to God and the Bible and religious beliefs. It is entirely inappropriate.

In a country that is supposedly not a theocracy, Christian fundamentalism is playing to a larger and larger audience. For those who are not members of the acceptable religious persuasion, this is more than worrisome.

I have grown weary of Christian fundamentalists who hold women hostage. Planned Parenthood provides needed basic medical care to millions of women. Birth control, cancer screening, etc. are all women's health issues. You believe that you can hold women hostage to your archaic views that we do not deserve necessary medical treatment? That if we do not believe in your GOP God, that we are not worthy enough to live? How dare you?

It doesn't matter whether I am a Christian or not. If I am, I am probably not one that you would want to know, because I am not your property and will refuse to allow you to have authority over my body. My breasts and the breast cancer that I may not find until it is too late, are none of your business! My uterus and the birth control that I may seek are not your business! Close Planned Parenthood and I may not be able to get the birth control I need. Close Planned Parenthood and I may not be able to get the mammogram that I need! Close Planned Parenthood and I may not be able to get the pap smear that I need to preempt cervical cancer!

You, the GOP prophets, are so busy legislating my body and my body parts that you fail to see that you are imposing your version of 'Christianity' upon me. How about this? Legislate something that is more near and dear to you than my body. Legislate your own body parts! Consider for a change that impotency drugs should not be covered by insurance. After all, it may just be God's will...Any insurance policy that covers those drugs should be disallowed a tax write-off. How about equal treatment under the law! Your inability to achieve or maintain an erection will not kill you, while my inability to get basic medical screenings WILL kill me.

Next Page  1  |  2

Take action -- click here to contact your local newspaper or congress people:
Oppose The Assault On Women's Rights And Health!

Click here to see the most recent messages sent to congressional reps and local newspapers

I am an 'older' progressive; a holdover from the hippie generation. I have raised 3 children, am a proud grandmother, and an outspoken political junkie. I have worked in the healthcare field for 30 years, both for insurance companies and for the (more...)

ALEC's Summer Camp For Kids! Fun And Politics, The Koch Way!

ALEC Writes The Laws Restricting Voting! Why Is Coca-Cola Helping Them?

Eric Cantor Has The 'Shiniest Balls' Of All! The 'Shiny Ball' Corporations That Pay For Cantor's Loyalties!

Corporate Theocracy: The Death Of Democracy, The State By State GOP Extremist Goal

The Tea Party Goes After Jobs And Kills The Tooth Fairy, Too! Angry Now?

Who Owns John Boehner? The Corporations That Love The Grim Weeper!

Comments

Thought you wanted to keep government out of citiz... by Jillian Barclay on Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011 at 7:13:01 AM
You have stated the problem very well, Jillian. I ... by manifesto 2000 on Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:52:05 AM
and many Catholics have been excommunicated by the... by Jillian Barclay on Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011 at 1:24:17 PM
At this time in this country we can easily define ... by Peter Lumetta on Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011 at 8:14:18 AM
Peter,You and I have discussed the erosion of righ... by Jillian Barclay on Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:31:29 AM
"How about equal treatment under the law! Your ina... by Rixar13 on Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011 at 9:47:04 AM
I really do not begrudge men meds or surgical trea... by Jillian Barclay on Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:36:49 AM
anyone who has had an abortion, that is; it's a si... by molly cruz on Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011 at 10:37:58 AM
Hi, Molly-Disagree that abortion is a sin and/or m... by Jillian Barclay on Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011 at 1:04:52 PM
I disagree.  Fetuses are no more babies than ... by eric stone on Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011 at 5:47:44 PM
Fetuses are not viable. Women must have the right ... by Jillian Barclay on Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011 at 7:57:13 PM
"As anyone will tell you, anyone who has had an ab... by Zydrate ComesInALittleGlassVial on Thursday, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:54:30 PM
Told Molly I disagreed, but you said it better! I ... by Jillian Barclay on Thursday, Jun 30, 2011 at 2:09:32 PM
Who is it to say it is a sin? It is nobody's busin... by Debbie S on Sunday, Jul 3, 2011 at 1:38:04 AM
Each woman has the right to deal with pregnancy in... by Jillian Barclay on Sunday, Jul 3, 2011 at 3:29:05 AM
I never said it was a sin, I said: Who say's it a ... by Debbie S on Sunday, Jul 3, 2011 at 12:59:35 PM
No, you didn't. I was agreeing that Moll... by Jillian Barclay on Sunday, Jul 3, 2011 at 1:43:02 PM
Suggest that National Security be compromised? It ... by Dante DeNavarre on Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011 at 12:14:27 PM
Thank you for that! I am emailing your comment to ... by Jillian Barclay on Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011 at 12:20:19 PM
Everyone's afraid of challenging these anti-aborti... by Bill Hammond on Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011 at 4:03:32 PM
I have never understood the pro-life movement. The... by Jillian Barclay on Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011 at 7:52:22 PM
Hitler's purpose in requiring young women to mate ... by Mary Pitt on Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011 at 9:34:59 PM
My parents used to tell  me about statehouses... by Jillian Barclay on Thursday, Jun 30, 2011 at 12:54:03 AM
US military--men, I suppose--go to Afghanistan to ... by Margaret Bassett on Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011 at 10:12:01 PM
More than that, sad and shameful! I have rece... by Jillian Barclay on Thursday, Jun 30, 2011 at 12:36:52 AM
As a counselor and teacher I saw children born int... by Odyseus_97 on Thursday, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:07:35 AM
Everyone knows that what you speak of happens ever... by Jillian Barclay on Thursday, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:05:35 PM
Over the span of some fifty years, my husband and ... by Mary Pitt on Friday, Jul 1, 2011 at 1:31:11 PM
Mary,50 years? You are remarkable! You may not thi... by Jillian Barclay on Friday, Jul 1, 2011 at 10:31:57 PM
There is a big difference between boasting of your... by Mary Pitt on Friday, Jul 1, 2011 at 10:49:56 PM
Amazing article... The hypocracy of so many facets... by Kevin White on Thursday, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:42:56 PM
It is absurd- to have this fight again and again..... by Jillian Barclay on Thursday, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:58:15 PM
Kansas is putting abortion clinics out of the stat... by Margaret Bassett on Friday, Jul 1, 2011 at 12:38:56 AM
Every single GOP state has taken action that ... by Jillian Barclay on Friday, Jul 1, 2011 at 12:54:55 AM
They ordered so many "minimum requirements" for li... by Mary Pitt on Friday, Jul 1, 2011 at 3:22:49 PM
Kansas GOP is feeling so full of themselves! They ... by Jillian Barclay on Friday, Jul 1, 2011 at 4:14:01 PM
As a resident of Kansas, what I would like to see ... by Mary Pitt on Friday, Jul 1, 2011 at 5:15:59 PM
Can't come to Kansas, but I have a big mouth, a ph... by Jillian Barclay on Sunday, Jul 3, 2011 at 3:37:33 AM
The only large conclave of Democrats in the state ... by Mary Pitt on Sunday, Jul 3, 2011 at 6:41:19 AM
Hi Jillian. I see you have not lost any of your sp... by Howard Schneider on Friday, Jul 1, 2011 at 9:09:56 AM
Kansas is known for a few things, most notably, be... by Jillian Barclay on Friday, Jul 1, 2011 at 10:42:21 AM
I've always believed one is judged by the way he/s... by Margaret Bassett on Friday, Jul 1, 2011 at 3:07:12 PM
I was just trying to do as my mother taught me. Wh... by Mary Pitt on Friday, Jul 1, 2011 at 3:37:55 PM
not least of which is a 90 Something cardiologist.... by Margaret Bassett on Friday, Jul 1, 2011 at 6:53:38 PM
My first presidential vote was cast for Ike. He wa... by Mary Pitt on Friday, Jul 1, 2011 at 7:15:28 PM
The whole reason that our families came from the O... by Peter Lumetta on Friday, Jul 1, 2011 at 7:28:30 PM
Our grandmothers were both Italian Catholics. They... by Jillian Barclay on Friday, Jul 1, 2011 at 10:19:06 PM
My mother's people were Pennsylvania Quakers stemm... by Mary Pitt on Friday, Jul 1, 2011 at 10:40:16 PM
Mary, Have been thinking of telling my grandmother... by Jillian Barclay on Friday, Jul 1, 2011 at 10:56:33 PM
Between us, we could write an anthology of "storie... by Mary Pitt on Friday, Jul 1, 2011 at 11:26:16 PM
What a great idea! That could work into somet... by Jillian Barclay on Saturday, Jul 2, 2011 at 12:16:55 PM
This is the stuff that real America was made of. P... by Dante DeNavarre on Saturday, Jul 2, 2011 at 11:09:33 AM
Speaking for myself and for the rest of the people... by Mary Pitt on Saturday, Jul 2, 2011 at 11:43:15 AM
Dante,The term 'real America' is thrown about so o... by Jillian Barclay on Saturday, Jul 2, 2011 at 12:51:37 PM
Wonder is a force, a vital essence that sparks cur... by Dante DeNavarre on Saturday, Jul 2, 2011 at 5:21:10 PM
Culture changes in Midwest may be coming, Jillian.... by Margaret Bassett on Sunday, Jul 3, 2011 at 7:24:45 AM
Have been working on this-... by Jillian Barclay on Sunday, Jul 3, 2011 at 12:33:00 PM
Jillian, Do this story, we can all be contributors... by Peter Lumetta on Sunday, Jul 3, 2011 at 12:48:39 PM
think it is an awesome idea- Have sent an email to... by Jillian Barclay on Sunday, Jul 3, 2011 at 1:05:06 PM
Good piece. If I could edit this to 200 words I'd ... by LiberalDemocrat on Sunday, Jul 3, 2011 at 9:48:04 AM
Sometimes more, but at least one liberal in every ... by Jillian Barclay on Sunday, Jul 3, 2011 at 1:12:16 PM
Legislators there are up to it again. And it would... by Margaret Bassett on Sunday, Jul 3, 2011 at 1:13:35 PM
Procreation is an act of selfishness unless accomp... by Debbie S on Sunday, Jul 3, 2011 at 1:29:17 PM
is a relatively modern-day program. Back in the "G... by Mary Pitt on Sunday, Jul 3, 2011 at 1:31:17 PM
May disturb some religious folks but it makes the ... by Priscilla Jenkins on Monday, Jul 4, 2011 at 3:53:16 AM
[In case there actually are GOP representatives, o... by Alex Howard on Tuesday, Jul 5, 2011 at 3:14:58 PM
Jillian:You hit this one out of the park.  Th... by Fay Paxton on Wednesday, Jul 6, 2011 at 7:16:59 AM