Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter 2 Share on Facebook 1 Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest Share on Fark! Share on Reddit Share on StumbleUpon Tell A Friend (3 Shares)  
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites (# of views)   9 comments

OpEdNews Op Eds

Real America is Full of Real Conservatives.

By       Message Robert De Filippis     Permalink
      (Page 1 of 2 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Valuable 3   Must Read 1   Well Said 1  
View Ratings | Rate It Headlined to H2 2/8/14

Author 86186
Become a Fan
  (26 fans)
- Advertisement -

From The Party's Over.
The Party's Over.
(image by Mike Licht,

Why do people whose interests are harmed by conservative policies consider themselves to be conservatives? Because to do so makes them feel better than the lower class of people who populate the alternative reality created by conservatives. You know who I mean, the enemies of "real Americans, led by this president, who hates real Americans."

You see, by creating this reality, inhabited by lazy, mooching, welfare-cheats, being led by this president, who looks very different, the Republicans convince "real Americans" to vote them back in office, again and again.

This has been going on a long time. Like since the old days in the south where even the lowliest white man, no matter how locked in poverty he was by the system, was made to believe he was still better than that "lazy, ignorant Negro" down the road.

And of course, now conservatives have their own cable news outlet and well-coiffed cadre of millionaires who   reinforce this mirage daily with every opportunity that shows up in actual events.

For instance, Obamacare, an object of a persistent campaign of lies and distortions, offers them items to be misinterpreted on a regular basis. The latest is the CBO report that says over 2.5 million people will leave their jobs because of Obamacare.

To the gang at Fox News, it is an obligatory opportunity, not to be missed to trash this president and show how indolent the folks in this lazy moocher class are and how Obamacare contributes to their slothfulness.

- Advertisement -

That's the class you're above if you're a conservative.

When in reality the CBO report was about 2.5 million people who were freed from "job lock"; a situation that exists when you stay in your job just to keep health insurance.

Now that the ACA offers people an opportunity to have a personal insurance plan not dependent on an employer, they are free to retire, change careers, or start a business. Hey, maybe even a mother can quit to stay home with their children.

For sure, about 2 percent of these folks are leaving their jobs because they just don't want to work. But that leaves the 98 percent I'm writing about.

Now you would think that two of these reasons would be recognized as consistent with good conservative values: Start a business and stay at home with children.

- Advertisement -

But no. The temptation is too strong. And Mr. Obama must be trashed no matter what the facts.

If you don't believe that, think about how much energy has been put into blaming Obama for every problem since Bush II took office.

Obamacare is exactly the plan that Republican Governor Romney established in Massachusetts and is built on a conservative value most of us agree with: personal responsibility.

Instead of others paying higher premiums for the emergency room care provided to the uninsured, it makes good sense for them to pay for it themselves. Here's a crazy idea: with insurance their health might improve and they may not need as much costly emergency room service.

Next Page  1  |  2


- Advertisement -

Valuable 3   Must Read 1   Well Said 1  
View Ratings | Rate It

Author, columnist, and blogger with a long career in business management, management consulting and executive coaching. I've authored and published six books: "You, Your Self and the 21st Century,"The Flowers Are Talking to Me," and "Faith (more...)

Share on Google Plus Submit to Twitter Add this Page to Facebook! Share on LinkedIn Pin It! Add this Page to Fark! Submit to Reddit Submit to Stumble Upon

Go To Commenting

The views expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of this website or its editors.

Writers Guidelines

Contact AuthorContact Author Contact EditorContact Editor Author PageView Authors' Articles
- Advertisement -

Most Popular Articles by this Author:     (View All Most Popular Articles by this Author)

Illinois Is Now on Board. We Can Carry Concealed Weapons in Every State.

The Primary American Meme: Be Afraid.

Don't be Fooled: Black Racism Causes White Racism

What Jesus said and What the Christian Lunatic Fringe Hears.

This Pope Makes Me Want to be an Atheist

Ethan Couch: An Example of the Pathology of Wealth