Add this Page to Facebook!   Submit to Twitter   Submit to Reddit   Submit to Stumble Upon   Pin It!   Fark It!   Tell A Friend
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite Save As Favorite View Article Stats
73 comments

Palin: Drill Baby Drill, but blame Obama for the Spill!

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 1 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; (more...) ; ; ; , Add Tags  (less...) Add to My Group(s)

Well Said 1   Interesting 1

Headlined to H1 5/25/10

Sarah Palin is weighing in on the BP oil spill, specifically, who is to blame for it and/or who is to blame for the spill taking so long to stop. I guess she can see the Deepwater Horizon site from her house. On Fox News, Palin had this to say:

"the oil companies who have so supported President Obama in his campaign and are supportive of him now ...[Palin mused whether]...there's any connection there to President Obama taking so doggone long to get in there, to dive in there, and grasp the complexity and the potential tragedy that we are seeing here in the Gulf of Mexico."

Palin is talking about the ability to grasp complexities? Sarah "in what respect Charlie" and "I know foreign policy because I can see Russia from my house when Putin rears his head over Alaska" Palin? "Death Panels" Sarah wants to talk complexities? Sarah, if you are so confident of your grasp of 'complexities' why don't you ask the producers of the shows you are on to put you head-to-head on various issues against some of the Democrats who appear on Fox? Even though I am not exactly your biggest fan, I'll volunteer, how about that? Any time on any issue. Yes Sarah, this is me, who has never held public office and should therefore be easy pickings for a former mayor and governor, calling you out.

The suggestion from Palin is that Obama took the most money from the oil and gas industry and she and her running mate, John McCain were innocent of this and thus would not have been influenced. The LA Times performed some research and found to whom the oil companies contributed the most money:

"The oil and gas industry donated $2.4 million to Palin's running mate, Republican John McCain, in the 2008 election cycle, and nearly $900,000 to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics' opensecrets.org website."

It ought to be pointed out that President Obama received tens of millions of dollars in contributions of $100 or less from working Americans all over the country including places like Florida, Alabama and Mississippi. If we are talking about amounts of money influencing people, then one would have to conclude that Obama is working 24x7 on the needs and problems of average working Americans.

Sarah Palin typifies the 21st century Republican politician and use of Republican strategy, throw a plethora of accusations at Democrats without any regard to whether they are true and if one sticks, keep using it. Each instance of this is more galling than the next. Its as if Republicans are emboldened by the fact that they keep getting away with it. These latest statements by Palin are perhaps the most egregious example. The fact that Palin who is Miss Big Oil champion herself is trying to assert that someone else is somehow more beholden to the oil companies is unmitigated gall.

Who can forget these excerpts that Palin uttered during her Vice Presidential debate with Joe Biden:

""The chant is "drill, baby, drill." And that's what we hear all across this country in our rallies because people are so hungry for those domestic sources of energy to be tapped into.

"Barack Obama and Sen. Biden, you've said no to everything in trying to find a domestic solution to the energy crisis that we're in. You even called drilling -- safe, environmentally-friendly drilling offshore as raping the outer continental shelf.

There -- with new technology, with tiny footprints even on land, it is safe to drill and we need to do more of that. "

What happened in the gulf is the responsibility of people who operated on exactly the same assumptions that Palin did. That is the mentality that caused us to be where we are now. This is the point at which Ms. Palin should be saying, "Ya know, doggone it, we were wrong when we said that drilling in the gulf was safe, you betcha." She has no right to be out there making accusations against other people. This is mea culpa time for Palin and the rest of pro-drilling America.

By the way, Sarah, your running mate, John McCain, was the only one of the four people on the 2008 national ticket who was against a windfall profit tax for the oil companies yet you go on national television and have the nerve to accuse others of being in bed with the oil companies. It's hard to believe that the first major Republican politician and first Republican President was Abraham Lincoln, a man noted for his honesty and his brilliance. Today's Republicans, like Sarah Palin, do not resemble him at all.

A political blogger for the International Business Times, Steve Leser is a hot national political pundit. He has appeared on MSNBC's Coundown with Keith Olbermann, Comedy Central's Daily Show with Jon Stewart and Russia Today's (RT) Crosstalk with (more...)

McCain Campaign Violated McCain-Feingold law with Palin Clothing Purchases

McCain attacked 18 year old Chelsea Clinton in 1998 now says Palin's family & kids are off limits

McCain says "Horseshit" on National TV During Debate

North Korea – Impending Missile Launch May Require US Military Action

Palin: Drill Baby Drill, but blame Obama for the Spill!

Palin to McCain - Oops I did it Again

Comments

that Obama is responsible for the spill or the tim... by Steven Leser on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 2:00:50 AM
the Democratic party brand and that absolutely are... by Rob Kall on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 10:03:05 AM
nearly enough about with what we are dealing. We d... by Steven Leser on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 11:01:59 AM
This is about classification. Until the govt step... by Mark Sashine on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 1:06:52 PM
Drilling on land is not the same as deep water dri... by Steven Leser on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 3:43:10 PM
but I think you are wrong. Do you or me know how m... by Mark Sashine on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 4:00:45 PM
"In my opinion, Obama getting directly involved wo... by Aurora on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 2:32:15 PM
It doesnt change the fact that all the relevant re... by Steven Leser on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 3:33:19 PM
There is more than enough justification for him to... by Miriam Callaghan on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 4:17:05 PM
BP has some mini subs. But so does the coast guard... by Rob Kall on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 5:33:54 PM
all the relevant resources are in the oil companie... by Aurora on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 6:19:51 PM
First you nationalize the ocean floors and western... by bruce majors on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 5:02:48 AM
"In explaining why they were still granting new pe... by Steven Leser on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 9:53:03 AM
The "Paper of Record" carried essentially the same... by Maxwell on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 1:23:38 PM
Obama biggest recipient of BP cashTAGS: Barack Oba... by bruce majors on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 5:04:28 AM
by stirring all of the political donations togethe... by John Sanchez Jr. on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 8:03:18 AM
individual employees who contributed. For some rea... by Steven Leser on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 9:47:07 AM
for taking other people's money, as she articulate... by John Sanchez Jr. on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 7:49:50 AM
President Obama's Republican opponents are worhy o... by Blaine Kinsey on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 10:30:29 AM
...... by Steven Leser on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 11:03:53 AM
of the President. I'm calling out the lies. There ... by John Sanchez Jr. on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 1:31:37 PM
Sarah Palin's criticism of President Obama regardi... by Blaine Kinsey on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 8:40:28 PM
but of course, one could argue that it would be so... by John Sanchez Jr. on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 10:59:33 PM
In response to my comment you wrote: "I suppose he... by Blaine Kinsey on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 9:59:40 AM
a kind of lean back, hands off sort of citizen. Th... by John Sanchez Jr. on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 10:23:03 AM
In reply to my comment, you wrote: "You seem to be... by Blaine Kinsey on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 1:51:08 PM
you may go over the history of my commentary durin... by John Sanchez Jr. on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 4:17:42 PM
Many years ago (before Ronald Reagan) government r... by Philip Pease on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 12:01:11 PM
Guess it's not on the OFA website yet.Obama is add... by Miriam Callaghan on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 2:20:48 PM
are screaming for Obama to take charge of the situ... by John Sanchez Jr. on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 5:22:19 PM
I have a very low opinion of almost all Republican... by Blaine Kinsey on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 7:31:46 PM
to head up the Department of Interior, and perhaps... by John Sanchez Jr. on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 11:30:42 PM
In reply to my comment, you wrote: "I suppose Obam... by Blaine Kinsey on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 10:49:07 AM
what are you doing about it?... by John Sanchez Jr. on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 1:11:41 PM
In reply to one of my previous comments, you wrote... by Blaine Kinsey on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 1:59:05 PM
and certainly one that I have never earned. You ma... by John Sanchez Jr. on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 4:24:27 PM
hit the button one too many times.... by John Sanchez Jr. on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 4:24:30 PM
A great American past time is trying to lock the b... by Doc "Old Codger" McCoy on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 8:34:21 PM
the rural volunteer fire department could snuff ou... by John Sanchez Jr. on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 11:55:48 PM
People who are otherwise virulently against nuclea... by Steven Leser on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 11:45:30 AM
Steven,Why do you hurt the credibility of some of ... by Recce1 on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 11:12:15 PM
I am a workaholic by nature and I love challenges ... by Steven Leser on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 11:42:12 AM
Steven,Why is it many like you complain that Repub... by Recce1 on Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 3:55:03 AM
I did reply to this, but maybe you didn't see. Ple... by Lynne Kringler on Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 2:08:51 PM
Lynne,I understand your concern, but allowing peop... by Recce1 on Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 5:26:35 PM
Once again:Regarding distinguishing Sarah Palin fr... by Steven Leser on Friday, May 28, 2010 at 12:11:29 AM
Steve,In response to your post "Recce, you havent ... by Recce1 on Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 3:26:34 AM
He is speaking his own perspective. His difficulty... by Miriam Callaghan on Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 10:17:04 AM
Miriam,Encouraging dishonesty thru political corre... by Recce1 on Sunday, May 30, 2010 at 12:05:09 AM
You have missed the point. Palin was saying that t... by Lynne Kringler on Sunday, May 30, 2010 at 5:21:22 AM
Lynne,I don't disagree with you that Palin may not... by Recce1 on Monday, May 31, 2010 at 9:41:48 PM
Once again:Regarding distinguishing Sarah Palin fr... by Steven Leser on Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 10:19:17 AM
Steven,It's with sadness I see you've demonstrated... by Recce1 on Sunday, May 30, 2010 at 12:41:17 AM
Time for me to get some things straight in my mind... by Lynne Kringler on Sunday, May 30, 2010 at 4:36:58 AM
Lynne,I see you'd rather write about anything but ... by Recce1 on Tuesday, Jun 1, 2010 at 1:47:42 AM
How ignorant of me. I should have read all of your... by Lynne Kringler on Tuesday, Jun 1, 2010 at 4:35:09 AM
Lynne, Is telling progressives the truth a hate cr... by Recce1 on Tuesday, Jun 1, 2010 at 3:32:32 PM
Are crazy? Or just want to start a fight?Hate crim... by Lynne Kringler on Tuesday, Jun 1, 2010 at 4:38:06 PM
Lynne,Considering your sputtering almost incompreh... by Recce1 on Tuesday, Jun 1, 2010 at 7:19:54 PM
Obama's interior dept agreed to use the Bush envir... by David Glenn Cox on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 2:03:06 PM
Obama's interior dept knew full well that the blow... by Lynne Kringler on Friday, May 28, 2010 at 1:56:29 PM
In one or more of palin's speeches (I don't know h... by Lynne Kringler on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 10:45:16 PM
Despite your denial that there are significant sim... by Blaine Kinsey on Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 12:36:10 PM
I am well aware what Obama said in his speeches, I... by Lynne Kringler on Sunday, May 30, 2010 at 4:55:40 AM
You may listen to President Obama's speeches, but ... by Blaine Kinsey on Sunday, May 30, 2010 at 10:28:42 PM
Blaine, I did try to click on to your articles fai... by Lynne Kringler on Monday, May 31, 2010 at 5:03:23 AM
For the record, I did not call you "silly", but I ... by Blaine Kinsey on Monday, May 31, 2010 at 8:34:27 PM
As a former very avid supporter, I recognize that ... by Miriam Callaghan on Tuesday, Jun 1, 2010 at 10:42:26 PM
Miriam, Promises kept: 113 Promises compromised: ... by Lynne Kringler on Wednesday, Jun 2, 2010 at 5:13:00 AM
Lynne, I understand. I wish you well and if I adde... by Miriam Callaghan on Wednesday, Jun 2, 2010 at 4:41:07 PM
Let's stipulate that Palin is an idiot, that the B... by Miriam Callaghan on Sunday, May 30, 2010 at 11:42:55 AM
Miriam, I'm so sorry that Obama hasn't lived up to... by Lynne Kringler on Sunday, May 30, 2010 at 5:05:49 PM
No, I don't think so. What's really too bad, is th... by Lynne Kringler on Wednesday, Jun 2, 2010 at 6:54:24 PM