Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest Share on Fark! Share on Reddit Share on StumbleUpon Tell A Friend 1 (1 Shares)
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites View Article Stats   48 comments

Obama Has a Bounce. So what?

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 1 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Valuable 2   Must Read 1   Well Said 1

opednews.com Headlined to H2 9/10/12

So, it looks Obama got a five point bounce out of the DNC convention, compared to Romney's 1%.

It's a bit confusing though. Why? Well, there's a part of me that wants the Democrats to hold on to the White House. But then there's another part of me who knows that having the Democrats in the White House will make the anti-war movement impotent and give Obama more room to go after Whistleblowers, torture people and cut more globalization deals that are bad for the middle class.

Then there's the NDAA. Gustav Wynn's article, Obama's Bush-Era Incoherence on Constitutionality of NDAA  ,   shows how easy it is to get confused. Just listen to Obama and compare it to his actions.

So, some may be happy Obama's winning. But right wingers are now showing history that convention bounces turned around, into GOP wins.

Sigh. I'm rambling. So, I'm definitely glad Obama has a lead, would like to see him win over Romney, but damn, I sure hope we can wake people up to the reality that Obama and the Democrats are not the long term solution-- and not just wake them up, but also get them activated, engaging in activism, because that's what it's going to take to rescue the US from descending into third world status.

And, like I wrote in my last article, Thoughts on Anti-Corporatist-Duopoly Ways to Approach the 2012 Election, I hope, if you live in a solid blue or red state, that you'll seriously consider voting third party, to send a message to Obama and the Democrats that they're not doing their jobs.

Rob Kall is editor-in-chief, publisher and site architect of OpEdNews.com, President of Futurehealth, Inc, and an inventor. He hosts the Rob Kall Bottom Up Radio Show, aired in the Metro Philly area on AM 1360, WNJC. Over 200 podcasts are archived for downloading here, or can be accessed from iTunes. Rob is also published regularly on the Huffingtonpost.com

Rob Kall Wikipedia Page

Rob is, with Opednews.com the first media winner of the Pillar Award for supporting Whistleblowers and the first amendment.

See more Rob Kall articles here and, older ones, here. To learn more about Rob and OpEdNews.com, check out A Voice For Truth - ROB KALL | OM Times Magazine and this article. For Rob's work in non-political realms mostly before 2000, see his C.V..  and here's an article on the Storycon Summit Meeting he founded and organized for eight years. Press coverage in the Wall Street Journal: Party's Left Pushes for a Seat at the Table

Here is a one hour radio interview where Rob was a guest- on Envision This, and here is the transcript.

To watch Rob having a lively conversation with John Conyers, then Chair of the House Judiciary committee, click hereWatch Rob speaking on Bottom up economics at the Occupy G8 Economic Summit, here.

Follow Rob on Twitter & Facebook. His quotes are here

My articles express my personal opinion, not the opinion of this website.

A Conspiracy Conspiracy Theory

Terrifying Video: "I Don't Need a Warrant, Ma'am, Under Federal Law"

Cindy Sheehan Bugged in Denver

Ray McGovern Discusses Brutal Arrest at Secretary Clinton's Internet Freedom Speech

Libertarian Legacy? Ron Paul's Campaign Manager, 49, Dies Uninsured, Of Pneumonia, Leaving family $400,000 Debt

Interview: McCain Fellow Hanoi Hilton POW & Naval Academy Dorm-mate; Why He Won't Vote For McCain

Comments

http://lfb.org/today/the-hope-of-freedom-in-the-am... by Ned Lud on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:40:44 AM
when I've been writing, recently, that progressive... by J. Edward Tremlett on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:43:07 AM
Obama is far more peaceful than any of the teabagg... by bob elia on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 11:58:26 AM
that will just move us more to the right, just lik... by zon moy on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 1:41:19 PM
How many wars and assaults on people on other coun... by Stephen Unger on Wednesday, Sep 12, 2012 at 3:51:53 PM
I agree, the frustration is miles deep. In part I ... by Cole Epstein on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:01:57 PM
I consider myself an "aggressive progressive". I e... by Dave Kilby on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:29:36 PM
is hold your fire until after we've elected a Repu... by Don Caldarazzo on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 8:04:25 PM
Mr. Kall, please...be prepared should your wish co... by Betsy Wraight on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:50:06 PM
If Obama loses it'll be his own fault.  When ... by Don Smith on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:28:26 PM
and they always betray the progressives. ... by zon moy on Friday, Sep 14, 2012 at 2:51:17 PM
of America of which you speak is being eroded alar... by Don Caldarazzo on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 8:06:50 PM
my wish is for Obama to win, but also, for third p... by Rob Kall on Tuesday, Sep 11, 2012 at 7:55:22 AM
Dave and Betsy,   As a 68 year old woman I ... by Lynne Kringler on Wednesday, Sep 12, 2012 at 2:14:55 AM
I expect Obama to win the White House, despite Rom... by Don Smith on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 1:12:30 PM
BTW, I heard that Obama will monopolize fund raisi... by Don Smith on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 1:31:39 PM
"We're screwed if Obama wins. We'd be screwed even... by Maxwell on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:29:47 PM
In Wisconsin, it wasn't just that the Republicans ... by J. Edward Tremlett on Tuesday, Sep 11, 2012 at 10:38:25 AM
deliberately ran the bad candidate in order to los... by zon moy on Friday, Sep 14, 2012 at 2:52:44 PM
I live in California, which is deep blue, so I'm c... by Kyle Griffith on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 1:43:17 PM
I see on Huffpo Obama is leading in NY 61% - 33%.&... by Maxwell on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:27:59 PM
AT THE MOMENT. Is he perfect, no. Is Rmoney better... by Sharon M on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:45:00 PM
He negated the Bill of Rights!!! OH MY GAAAAA... by Don Caldarazzo on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 8:12:54 PM
And "negated the Bill of Rights" is not true.... by BFalcon on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:36:52 PM
You stupid, stupid man!  The election is in 6... by Hunter McClain on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:51:33 PM
Are you ignorant of what has been happening in thi... by kappie on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 5:32:51 PM
Kappie, such vitriol.  Obama never had the Na... by Hunter McClain on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 11:40:14 PM
You're either a liar or a moron, Hunter, or whoeve... by Rob Kall on Tuesday, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:20:27 AM
 I agree that some things might have been bet... by BFalcon on Wednesday, Sep 12, 2012 at 3:39:04 AM
EFf Obama.  I will never, ever, ever ever eve... by Don Caldarazzo on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 8:20:44 PM
 Which right has been taken from you?  ... by BFalcon on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:39:58 PM
the right to bear arms, since after every mass sho... by Maxwell on Tuesday, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:45:19 AM
for me. I have tried to be more tactful, not easy ... by Lynne Kringler on Wednesday, Sep 12, 2012 at 2:30:36 AM
I can forgive Clinton for signing the bill to elim... by Nancy S on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 3:45:35 PM
Weak, overtriangulating Republicrat vs. crypto-fas... by Paul Kibble on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 5:00:42 PM
"Some of us on the Left believed that allowing Nix... by Maxwell on Tuesday, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:36:59 AM
I find myself in the same situation you do,rob.I h... by kappie on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 5:21:01 PM
The voice of reason.  I thought I was the onl... by Don Caldarazzo on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 8:32:34 PM
The one thing that you would do if you could right... by BFalcon on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:41:42 PM
For all of you with convenient amnesia about Obama... by Hunter McClain on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 11:28:45 PM
Thanks, well said... by BFalcon on Wednesday, Sep 12, 2012 at 3:28:43 AM
it's extra tough for you, living in Ohio, a key sw... by Rob Kall on Tuesday, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:24:03 AM
"He supports "fixes" to social security that will ... by Lynne Kringler on Wednesday, Sep 12, 2012 at 2:37:59 AM
I'd like to hear your facts on Social Security. Cu... by Jim Arnold on Wednesday, Sep 12, 2012 at 10:23:25 AM
I'm not sure that it was a great idea, but this is... by Lynne Kringler on Thursday, Sep 13, 2012 at 2:05:04 AM
Oy vey! My dear  progressives are torn  ... by Mark Sashine on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 8:31:57 PM
said Mark.  I notice so many people hastening... by Don Caldarazzo on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 8:51:24 PM
count me out. i am not going to throw my vote in t... by Sekhmetnakt Frost on Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:36:08 PM