Needed: Updated and worldly 21st century CCC/WPA.
When we were by far the strongest economy in the world, some power-that-be scared many Americans about dominoes falling. It was an era when our enemies couldn't splurge enough to buy a dozen domino game sets. So we wasted $698 billion (inflation adjusted), lost over 58,000 Americans, left about 2 million Vietnamese civilians and about 1.25 million Vietnamese soldiers dead -- to stop those scary dominoes from falling.
We learned so much from our Vietnam disaster, we blew $4 trillion trumping-up an Iraq War where about 300,000 Iraqis died, because our public policy knowledge had been dumbed-down to the depth of a melted popsicle stick.
IraqiDestruction by Public
We softened and fattened generations by fingering pixels rather than working muscles and logic that build character and smart insights.
Corporatized media hypnotized generations into accepting foxy coverage of Paris, Brad, Angeline... as their world view, rather than knowing and doing something about those starving in Somalia, struggling in Appalachia, bombed in yet-another land.
Chinese manufactured chips in our drones made it easier for computer game savvy enlistees to rain mayhem and death wherever the military industrial estate Ike despised deemed warranted.
We've fallen into accepting that updating killing technologies enhances civilization, which has hardened and hidden crazed terrorists, whose strategy revolves around Sun Tzu's winning philosophy, "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."
- Global climate change fills radar screens with devastations and famines that replicate the wounds of war;
- We have become increasingly subdued and subservient to other nations and mega corporations;
- The CIA Factbook informs us that we are a nation more unequal in wealth than the Ivory Coast, Pakistan, Ethiopia, and Kazakhstan;
- Our middle class disappears and poverty oozes outward;
- A minuscule number of uber-rich increasingly control what were once a middle class nation's assets, stocks, technology, workers paychecks, and property; the so-called crazy terrorists patiently destroy what was once the strongest player at the world's poker table.
WealthDistribution2007 by Public Who Rules
FDR quickly learned what to do when America's middle class was melted away. Take on entrenched powers at home and abroad. Freeze them out at the public policy table. Put a nation -- unemployed men and belittled women -- to work on basic and challenging needs.
FDR'sWPACCCWork by Public
And don't revert to the canard that it was war that ended the depression, not FDR's Keynesian economic and taxing policies. If you want to buy that bridge, then put today's America on a war budget that peacefully employs and smartens Americans by building infrastructure that produces a strong economic multiplier, which does not multiply when expensive bombs blow homes, people, and multipliers away.
1 | 2