This is just hilarious. Our guy Tom Brokaw will unleash the documentary about Brits and Americans during WWII, paying special tribute to Churchill and FDR. Now we will have two great men instead of three before, who apparently defined the path of History ( such small potatoes like De Gaulle or Tito are not worth mentioning, of course). Steady boy, steady; let's see if they tell us about some inglorious moments too:
- Will they tell us about England, France and US openly ignoring taking of Austria by Germans in 1938 which was preceded by the assassination of Chancellor Dolphus in his office and subsequent imprisonment of Chancellor Shushnig? Those, who watch now the way we handle Syria should make a note for themselves. Also, will they tell us about Vienna Jews forced to clean the streets of Vienna with toothbrushes while Winnie and Co. had fun (you say Winnie was not in charge? In England it is not the man that counts but belonging)?
- Will they tell us how in Munich in 1938 England and others with the support of the US betrayed Czechoslovakia; how Czech army generals pleaded that their army, ready and willing needed only the cover from air to INVADE Bavaria, how Russia was offering help but Poland refused to let Russian armies through and how Polish armies together with Hungarians actually joined Hitler in the attack on Czechoslovakia?
- Will they tell us how the US insurance companies refused to honor the insurance claims by German Jews after the CrystallNacht and also how the US shipping companies supplied their German subsidiaries with the cargo manifests for all ships going to the Atlantic up until 1943? Globalization, huh?
- Will they tell us how for some strange reason the English/French delegation sent to Moscow in 1939 to sign a deal about mutual struggle against Germany had no credentials and it was because of that the insulted Stalin turned to Hitler instead?
- Will they tell us how Winnie and Co. supported the choking of the Spanish Republic, openly attacked by German Legion Condor and Italian tank corps and how England was OK when Guernica was destroyed and Madrid was firebombed? It was the prelude for Coventry. Dresden and Hiroshima.
- Will they tell us how in English and French newspapers they published the statements, 'The whole Czech nation worth less then one English of French soldier!'?
-Will they tell us about the " strange war' in 1939 -1940 when until Hitler ordered to attack France, French and British troops, outnumbering Germans in people and ammo STOOD STILL for many months on the border while the British and French media howled,' Direct the German Expansion to the East and we here, in the west will be content.'?
- Will they tell us about Operation Catapult when English Navy attacked and drowned several French ships ( about 4000 sailors died) to prevent them from the possible joining the Vichy but that did not stop US from establishing the diplomatic relationship with the Vichy govt?
- Will they tell us about the Arctic disaster of the British Navy?
- Will they tell us about the story of Coventry when Winnie, the Pooh knowingly let Germans to bomb it to dust because he was afraid that Germans would understand that British had cracked the code and would change it?
- Will they tell us about a strange story of Yugoslavia in 1941 when British directed the coup against the pro- German govt but then, when Hitler and Mussolini attacked the country mercilessly- English did not help?
They pulverized Belgrade then and in 1999- that tells you something.
- Will they tell us about the firebombing of Dresden, where 300000 people died in fire, including about 10000 English and American POWs while the only building of military significance- the railway station survived? That was in 1945, when Russians were in Germany already.
- Will they tell us how in preparation to the Operation Overlord, the invasion of France in 1944, English and Americans although keeping De Gaulle in limbo pushed him to order the Vercor uprising of French resistance to distract Germans. The uprising was crushed and it was then when the people of Oradur -- Su- Glan were burned alive, all of them by SS. There were 37 German divisions then in France against 100 divisions of Alllies and it was right after the best German generals were killed by Hitler. Why did Winnie want to sacrifice more French?
- Will they tell us about a desperate telegram from Churchill to Stalin in 1945 during the Battle of the Bulge that unless Russians expedite their offensive on the Eastern Front, there could be a risk of total Allies' defeat? That was not true- although Germans were immensely successful in Ardennes, the Allied forces still maintained the superiority and never there was any real danger for them. Stalin promptly obliged: he started several offensives before Russians were fully prepared and Russian casualties were enormous- only at Zeelov Hills 300000 died. The elite 6th tank army of SS was redirected by Hitler from Ardennes to Hungary where it fiercely attacked the advancing Russian troops which resulted in casualties beyond any belief. I am not even mentioning civilians. BTW, during all those campaigns of bombing the railway roads of Germany and Western Europe miraculously survived and Hitler could use them again and again.
1 | 2