Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter 2 Share on Facebook 2 Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest 1 Share on Fark! Share on Reddit Share on StumbleUpon Tell A Friend 4 (9 Shares)
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites View Stats   80 comments

I'm a woman, a Democrat, and I don't support Hillary

(Page 1 of 1 pages)
Related Topic(s): , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Well Said 5   Must Read 2   Funny 2

opednews.com Headlined to H2 5/26/14

From flickr.com/photos/43398414@N04/10210101233/: Hillary Rodham Clinton, Chatham House Prize 2013 Winner
Hillary Rodham Clinton, Chatham House Prize 2013 Winner
(image by Chatham House, London)
  DMCA

I just don't get it! I can't get rid of Hillary. Week after week, month after month, and year after interminable year Hillary is promoted, celebrated, proposed as the inevitable next president, endlessly sanctified -- pushed down our throats relentlessly. I have one simple question -- WHY?

Hillary was a not-very-well liked First Lady, as I recall, until Bill dallied with Monica. Then, suddenly, she was a sweetheart -- everybody loved her. Not because of anything she had accomplished for the people, but simply because she was a lady scorned. I could certainly sympathize with her humiliation and pain, but this, to my mind, did not automatically confer upon her the qualities needed to lead the Free World.

And then she became a U.S. Senator from my state, New York. As far as I could see, she had no political or emotional attachment to us, but partly, I presume, because of the continuing empathy for Bubba's betrayal, she won the seat (helped a great deal by Pat Moynihan's endorsement). She sort of sidled into a position bringing access to her big ambitions, never mind whether it was a legitimately obtained post or not.

My belief is that she was an undistinguished senator, at best. The few bills she sponsored failed to pass, for the most part. And, none were particularly significant in any case. More than that, she voted to authorize President Bush to invade Iraq -- to her and most other senators' eternal shame. I'll never understand that mass capitulation to utter chaos. I refuse to accept the fact that she shouldn't be criticized for that unfortunate decision inasmuch as most other legislators voted for it, too. If I, an ordinary woman with no background in political science or particular smarts in national policy could clearly see that invading Iraq would be a disaster, why couldn't she, who was privy to the latest intelligence and information available (though, as we all learned, false intelligence)? Certainly Hillary must have recognized the fallacy of the vote and should have had the guts to speak out. She was, after all, representing New York, which had suffered the 9-11 attack but even so, was fiercely anti-war.

However, at the height of the Iraq madness, in 2005 she DID cosponsor a bill. Mind you, the war was raging, people were dying by the thousands, Iraq was being destroyed, and what did she come up with? A resolution to impose punishment on people who burned American flags. Given the fact there had been only one or two such incidents for years, it was not only useless but a clear indication of her opportunistic reaching out to Conservatives. Why would she do that? Obviously, she was contemplating a run for the White House and gathering support from the neo-cons. This, coupled with her courtship of the Right early in her senate career by suddenly attending church regularly further supports the theory that she assumed any guise to curry favor with who she hoped would be future supporters. I suspect the woman has no core beliefs to guide her decisions.

And, she not only voted to launch the war against Iraq, but hawkishly voted for escalation of our troops there. She also supported the invasion of Afghanistan. It has to be stated -- Hillary is a hawk. Can we trust her as President to use good judgment in matters of war and peace? I'm not willing to take such a perilous chance.

Let us now consider her conduct as Secretary of State. Can anyone enlighten me as to anything she accomplished in that most critical office? Post-Hillary, we find the Middle East in turmoil as great as ever. We see Russia turning toward totalitarianism again, hundreds of children being kidnapped in Africa, and all manner of other crises throughout the globe. What positive imprint on our international relations did she leave?

On a personal note, I find it slightly unseemly that she spends a great deal of her time now lecturing and speaking for huge fees. This is unfair of me, perhaps".it's just a private prejudice. I don't think former leaders of our country should profit like that, particularly doing so before manufacturing groups and others not so sympathetic to democratic principles.

I also have a sort of negative reaction to what appears to be a dynasty in the making. I'm quite frankly tired of the Clintons. I'd like to see new faces and ideas pop up on the political landscape. AARP, please don't jump on me too harshly!

However, let me assure you, readers. If it's a choice between a Paul Ryan or a Jeb Bush, or a Rand Paul or any other Republican on the landscape, well"of course Hillary will have my vote.

Half a Democrat is better than none

222.joanwile.blogspot.com

JOAN WILE -- author of newly-published book,
GRANDMOTHERS AGAINST THE WAR: GETTING OFF OUR FANNIES AND STANDING UP FOR PEACE (Citadel Press, May 2008 -- available at amazon.com and in book stores), which is an account of her founding of (more...)

Related Topic(s): , Add Tags
Google Content Matches:

I'm a woman, a Democrat, and I don't support Hillary

A UNIVERSITY STUDENT'S ANALYSIS OF THE REASONS FOR AMERICAN YOUTH'S APATHY ABOUT THE WARS IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN

Gray Panthers Applaud Obama's Vow to Fight Privatization of Social Security

11 ARRESTED IN TIMES SQUARE DEC. 16 IN SYMPATHY WITH WHITE HOUSE PROTEST

President Palin's First Cabinet Meeting

WAKE UP, AMERICA! YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE!

Comments

Wow! so it's Hillary's fault that the 300 girls w... by Shirley Braverman on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 7:39:28 AM
I have never read so much concentrated nonsense in... by Mark Sashine on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 8:24:30 AM
Your first line says it all: "I have never read so... by Patrick Walker on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 11:21:15 AM
I consider her comment nothing more feminist cackl... by Bill Johnson on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 6:33:59 AM
Hillary is not only what the article accurately ou... by Hosea McAdoo on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 10:16:09 AM
Wow, YOU should have written the article. You're ... by Joan Wile on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 5:28:56 PM
Thank you. As a veteran I still seethe about what,... by Hosea McAdoo on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 11:04:39 AM
Shirley Braverman is a right wing hawk, pro Israel... by Pal Palsimon on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 2:05:26 AM
So being "pro-war" is realistic? I grew up in New ... by Daniel Geery on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 3:28:52 PM
Hillary is Dick Cheney with ovaries. So I read, an... by Daniel Geery on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 3:38:44 PM
You are spot on about Hillary. I would like to tel... by Timothy Gatto on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 9:22:01 AM
Right. Lesser evils voting got us another chicken ... by Hosea McAdoo on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 10:23:17 AM
With MONEY as your God, I can only encourage you t... by Daniel Geery on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 3:31:40 PM
Your comments are usually sensible. I cannot imagi... by Hosea McAdoo on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 10:58:10 AM
Hosea, I gave you a "+1" on your "getting me clari... by Daniel Geery on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 1:43:15 PM
Also, Hosea, after reading your bio, I encourage o... by Daniel Geery on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 1:47:57 PM
Thank you but I don't deserve any credit. I also a... by Hosea McAdoo on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 5:41:02 PM
Thank you for the courage to understand my point a... by Hosea McAdoo on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 5:26:56 PM
Great comments, Hosea, and I can only add my condo... by Daniel Geery on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 6:35:02 PM
LOLThat's what I said when I voted Nader.This is a... by Julian Lobato on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 1:10:53 PM
Rocky, Dennis, and Jill didn't get elected ONLY be... by Daniel Geery on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 3:33:32 PM
Question: Don't I recall that when Hillary first b... by Pal Palsimon on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 2:11:02 AM
Yeah but look at what democrats do. They hate cons... by Bill Johnson on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 6:41:02 AM
And here I was thinking that what you describe is ... by John Sanchez Jr. on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 7:18:38 AM
You answered your own "Why Hillary?" question late... by Rob Kall on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 9:23:46 AM
Hillary and Obama both work for banksters and that... by Textynn N on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 3:13:19 PM
Correction- Democrats have been completely co-opte... by Bill Johnson on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 6:43:25 AM
A vote for the "lesser of two evils" is a vote for... by Rudy Avizius on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 10:08:29 AM
As a swing voter a 3 party congressperson would ha... by Arthur M. Howard-(Scotoni) on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 3:33:41 PM
"I don't support Hillary, but I'll vote for her if... by Don Caldarazzo on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 10:41:06 AM
so you like the lessor of two evil box they put yo... by Textynn N on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 2:53:41 PM
I don't ever vote anything but Green. I was parap... by Don Caldarazzo on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 11:20:49 PM
It is also the voice of a moron. "It is folly to a... by Daniel Geery on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 3:35:11 PM
There is one interesting aspect in the Shirley Br... by Mark Sashine on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 12:11:10 PM
If she votes for a war, she is partly responsible ... by Daniel Geery on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 3:36:25 PM
I was talking metaphorically- every person becomes... by Mark Sashine on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 7:23:57 AM
Sen Clinton proved "less than able" in everything ... by BFalcon on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 2:21:32 PM
I am a woman and I was a dem and I wouldn't even c... by Textynn N on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 2:51:16 PM
Hitlery is to the militaristic right of Curtis Le ... by George W.Reichel on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 3:18:11 PM
Well, that sucks. I wrote a scathing response to ... by Teddi Curtis on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 3:19:05 PM
You had me till the end. Vote Green and help that ... by Daniel Geery on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 3:23:47 PM
" If it's a choice between a Paul Ryan or a Jeb Bu... by R.A. on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 3:52:48 PM
I think you nailed it! democrats vote democrat no ... by Bill Johnson on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 6:47:11 AM
Joan Wile has written an interesting article and I... by Dr. Tom Baldwin on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 4:45:10 PM
Yes. this next election, even if they run Paul Rya... by Textynn N on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 6:22:26 PM
Get outta here! You would vote for Paul Ryan? Hu... by Pal Palsimon on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 3:43:12 PM
I understand where those of you advocating a third... by Joan Wile on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 5:23:10 PM
Well Joan you know how I feel about Obama. I held... by Judith A Cartisano on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 7:09:31 PM
Would you still vote for Hillary, Judith? Just ... by Joan Wile on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 9:51:44 PM
Probably not Joan. At this point the whole politi... by Judith A Cartisano on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 7:39:38 AM
Thanks, you nailed it! ... by Hosea McAdoo on Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 10:45:41 AM
In the 2012 presidential election, the Libertarian... by John Sanchez Jr. on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 7:45:38 AM
Thanks, I agree. I am tired of super Progressives... by Joan Wile on Tuesday, Jun 3, 2014 at 2:06:44 AM
Very misguided. You betray everyone in this countr... by Pal Palsimon on Tuesday, Jun 3, 2014 at 6:04:37 AM
WRONG. Just because the time was not right for Ra... by Pal Palsimon on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 3:45:43 PM
I have to agree, I do not want her to run either. ... by dorothy krueger on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 5:40:09 PM
Presidential election should be about the record o... by Pal Palsimon on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 3:49:25 PM
Hi Mark, thank you so much for sending the Link to... by Gail Harrison on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 7:37:56 PM
This is news to me, when you say "You can count on... by Pal Palsimon on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 2:17:40 AM
Bah Humbug! I too am a woman, and once upon a time... by Carol R Campbell on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 7:55:19 PM
Perfectly stated, and I admire your integrity. We... by Don Caldarazzo on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 11:28:18 PM
Hillary came out with the new BOOK!!! Most likely ... by Mark Sashine on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 6:19:56 AM
Um, yes there are real witches! ... by Bill Johnson on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 6:48:58 AM
I agree with you. I'm relatively certain she bega... by Joan Wile on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 11:14:52 AM
ThanksI wrote the article 'Clintonian Plague' in Y... by Mark Sashine on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 7:52:48 AM
You are correct. In the beginning both she and Bil... by Hosea McAdoo on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 11:19:12 AM
Tried to thumb up on this but it didn't work. You ... by Pal Palsimon on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 3:53:36 PM
What is this about witches, succubi and covens, al... by Judith A Cartisano on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 9:20:58 AM
It was a metaphor and I did not mean any insult. ... by Mark Sashine on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 10:40:30 AM
Your Last point made should have been your first p... by Tom Mikesell on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 6:31:20 AM
What does RW stand for? I like to know what I'm a... by Joan Wile on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 11:22:17 AM
All of the criticism at Hilary is spot on. She wi... by Linda Laurin on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 7:29:31 AM
I am hoping all other third parties will get behin... by Pal Palsimon on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 3:55:31 PM
Hey, I'm willing to let bygones be bygones with Hi... by John Sanchez Jr. on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 7:30:07 AM
From what I observe Hillary is a corporate sponsor... by Philip Pease on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 8:26:37 AM
I agree with the article. Thanks! I remember Hilla... by feliznavidad on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 12:57:19 PM
My glass is up to you, and your good memory! ... by Pal Palsimon on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 3:57:25 PM
Besides her war hawk tendeancies she with Bill cre... by kappie on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 1:52:10 PM
Very true but we have little time. The race to ful... by Hosea McAdoo on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 9:23:16 PM
You're so wise, Hosea. I've valued all your comme... by Joan Wile on Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 8:31:50 AM