Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter Share on Facebook 24 Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest Share on Fark! Share on Reddit 3 Share on StumbleUpon Tell A Friend 20 (47 Shares)
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites View Stats   198 comments

I'm Dumping the Democratic Party, Personally

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 2 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; (more...) ; ; ; ; ; , Add Tags  (less...) Add to My Group(s)

Well Said 27   Supported 23   Valuable 16

opednews.com Headlined to H3 5/3/12

I'm switching my voting registration from Democrat to independent.

I'm doing it to send a message to the democratic party that I'm not happy with the way they operate, not happy with their leadership and not happy with their pseudo-liberalism and the pro-corporatist policies that they have embraced.

I'm changing to independent because the two party system is killing America and killing democracy.

I'm changing to independent because choosing the lesser of two evils in an election leads to two worse evils in the next election cycle.

I'm changing having gone to vote in the PA 2012 primary, with no need to be a Democrat for quite a while, and knowing I can re-register as a Democrat if I choose to, for future primaries.

I'm changing to independent knowing that it may upset some activist colleagues.

I'm changing to independent because I'd like to set an example, and at the same time join millions of others who already made the choice. The example I'd like to set is of millions of Democrats leaving the Democratic party sending a message that we're not happy, in fact, we're really disgusted and are not going to take it any more.

I haven't done it yet. I'm thinking it might be good to identify a few Dump the Democrats days-- where  a lot of people, en masse, change their registration at the same time, so the message to the Democrats and Obama is even stronger.

I will probably not vote for Obama. It looks like my state is trending strong enough for him so my vote won't matter. If I lived  in a very close swing state like Florida, Ohio, Arizona, Virginia, my attitude might be a bit different. But it seems to me that if you live in a state that is pretty safe for Obama or totally lost for Obama, the smart thing to do is to vote your heart and send a message to Obama and the Democrats that you won't be taken for granted anymore.

I realize that some readers will argue that I'm still kowtowing to lesser evilism with my swing state approach, that there is little difference between Obama and Romney. It's true that there's little difference. It's true that I have not reached the point where I've totally written off the differences between Obama and Romney. We can expect that that Obama and Romney will act very similarly on corporate issues. But Obama will throw some social justice scraps at loyal Democrats-- probably something to do with women's rights.

The truth is, I am still ambivalent about just giving up on Obama. I realize that he is more warlike than Romney and that, as a Democrat, he's made the anti-war movement close to impotent, except for groups like World Can't Wait and Veterans for Peace.  I realize that groups like Moveon Van Jone's projects are surrogates for the Democrats, that they don't serve progressive values, that they actually sabotage progressive values and candidates.

I'm pulling way back from the level of activism I engaged in during the 2008 election cycle. Recent conversations with some of the political thinkers I respect most-- editors on Opednews, Chris Hedges, Kevin Zeese, Margaret Flowers, David Swanson, to name a few, have shown that we're all on the same page-- standard electoral politics-- focusing on congress and the Whitehouse-- is not going to change much of anything. Those people, in both parties, are bought and paid for by corporations. We need to put our efforts elsewhere-- OWS, local politics, local community building. And totally forget about Moveon and Van Jones associated projects. They are subterfuges to get you to support Obama and corporocrats.

I realize that many of my liberal and progressive friends will continue to be Democrats, continue to work on Democratic campaigns and I respect that decision. Each person has to reach the conclusions I've come to at their own pace and time. I was totally opposed to this viewpoint four  years ago. People who treated me like a fool or idiot, even though they were right, did not help me.

The most persuasive arguments that have converted me have been my observations of the lies and failures to fulfill promises that Obama and the Democrats engaged in, and conversations about lesser of two evilism.

I'd like to see more articles, from others, on why you dropped your Democratic registration to become an independent or green, or other party member. The interest in is more in getting to understand the thinking process than in soliciting sales pitches for other parties.

flickr image by DonkeyHotey by donkeyhotey

Next Page  1  |  2

Rob Kall has spent his adult life as an awakener and empowerer-- first in the field of biofeedback, inventing products, developing software and a music recording label, MuPsych, within the company he founded in 1978-- Futurehealth, and founding, organizing and running 3 conferences: Winter Brain, on Neurofeedback and consciousness, Optimal Functioning and Positive Psychology (a pioneer in the field of Positive Psychology, first presenting workshops on it in 1985) and Storycon Summit Meeting on the Art Science and Application of Story-- each the first of their kind.  Then, when he found the process of raising people's consciousness and empowering them to take more control of their lives  one person at a time was too slow, he founded Opednews.com-- which has been the top search result on Google for the terms liberal news and progressive opinion for several years. Rob began his Bottom-up Radio show, broadcast on WNJC 1360 AM to Metro Philly, also available on iTunes, covering the transition of our culture, business and world from predominantly Top-down (hierarchical, centralized, authoritarian, patriarchal, big)  to bottom-up (egalitarian, local, interdependent, grassroots, archetypal feminine and small.) Recent long-term projects include a book, Bottom-up-- The Connection Revolution, debillionairizing the planet and the Psychopathy Defense and Optimization Project.

Rob Kall Wikipedia Page

Over 200 podcasts are archived for downloading here, or can be accessed from iTunes. Rob is also (more...)

A Conspiracy Conspiracy Theory

Terrifying Video: "I Don't Need a Warrant, Ma'am, Under Federal Law"

Ray McGovern Discusses Brutal Arrest at Secretary Clinton's Internet Freedom Speech

Cindy Sheehan Bugged in Denver

Libertarian Legacy? Ron Paul's Campaign Manager, 49, Dies Uninsured, Of Pneumonia, Leaving family $400,000 Debt

Interview: McCain Fellow Hanoi Hilton POW & Naval Academy Dorm-mate; Why He Won't Vote For McCain

Comments

Have you been an independent or some third party?a... by Rob Kall on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 10:11:15 AM
Though my state doesn't require an affiliation, in... by Calvin Davis on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 4:32:42 PM
Calvin, I agree with your take on Ron Paul. I have... by Peter Duveen on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 8:58:09 PM
Thank You, Peter, for your advocacy. I too, have c... by Calvin Davis on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 2:53:41 AM
marine : click here  rallys : click here &nbs... by Calvin Davis on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 3:10:53 AM
He's just a neo-confederate. Don't like nuthin the... by Jim Arnold on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 3:59:18 AM
 Ron Paul was born and raised to a large fami... by Calvin Davis on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 2:22:12 PM
They may come from different views, but are men of... by Michael Dewey on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 3:19:03 PM
"unconstitutional spending bills"Like Paul, you su... by Jim Arnold on Monday, May 7, 2012 at 7:58:25 AM
You might want to check it out also before making ... by Silverpegasus on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 1:03:29 PM
Wall Street will never allow him to be elected.Che... by larry payne on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 2:54:05 PM
Wikipedia. If the best predictor of future behavio... by Daniel Geery on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 3:21:37 PM
I dumped the whole country once. Or it dumped me. ... by Mark Sashine on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 1:47:06 PM
Back in 2006, I switched from Democrat to Green. &... by Samson on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 2:06:11 PM
I haven't voted for a Democrat for quite a while. ... by Shankari Kali on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 2:29:38 PM
This is personal, not opednews policy. Libera... by Rob Kall on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 10:30:07 AM
Do you believe that the US system can work with mo... by BFalcon on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 12:50:44 PM
Yes.Anyone who's been around politics for awhile h... by Samson on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 2:49:02 PM
You correctly state that some changes in the rules... by BFalcon on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 5:06:58 PM
... by Michael Byron on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 11:43:07 AM
the Democrats love to hate because I voted for Ral... by intotheabyss on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 12:18:52 PM
the democratic party dumped you and all progressiv... by mhenriday on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 12:23:03 PM
Clinton never posed as a progressive. And he did n... by Perry Logan on Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 7:28:42 AM
Mr. Logan: if you kniew your history, there would ... by Tim Sanders on Sunday, May 6, 2012 at 1:33:50 PM
Thank you for saying it Perry Logan. (I tried to '... by Mark Halfmoon on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 2:56:10 AM
Congratulations, Rob. I did the same thing a numbe... by Techknowledgie on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 12:23:19 PM
Registering as an independent instead of a democra... by Terry Riley on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 12:27:37 PM
We're in a unique position to watch the United Sta... by Ed Martin on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 12:30:00 PM
All (practically) the great countries destroyed th... by BFalcon on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 5:33:35 PM
And a good one, too. The "lesser of two evils" gam... by Michael David Morrissey on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 12:36:57 PM
Registering as an independent is a game Americans ... by Terry Riley on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 1:23:13 PM
Terry, you correctly say, "The modern liberal is t... by Alan MacDonald on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 8:10:47 PM
for turning me on to Timothy Parsons. I made conta... by Rob Kall on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 8:28:45 AM
Rob, I shouldn't have been as rough with you.Your ... by Alan MacDonald on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 4:50:59 PM
I rejected the false duopoly YEARS ago, when it be... by Jeanine Molloff on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 12:37:13 PM
It failed to get the two thirds vote required in t... by Samuel Bryan on Sunday, May 6, 2012 at 1:10:05 PM
I'm always glad when somebody gets sane. All the s... by B. Ross Ashley on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 12:43:36 PM
For me, being deeply antiauthoritarian with a life... by dick overfield on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 12:46:40 PM
They've put us between a rock and a hard place.&nb... by Davey Jones on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 12:49:35 PM
Me, too. I have no faith or confidence in either p... by Ginger McClemons on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 12:50:46 PM
Since it is the electoral college or the supreme c... by Silverpegasus on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 12:56:24 PM
I can't imagine, with a criminal scumbag as govern... by Rob Kall on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 11:43:04 PM
I would agree that E-voting should be banned and w... by Evelyn Pringle on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 8:36:53 PM
As a result, even with a majority Democratic caucu... by John Sanchez Jr. on Monday, May 7, 2012 at 7:17:13 AM
There really isn't any down side at all.Here in Ne... by Maxwell on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 1:06:39 PM
The problem isn't the Party, the problem is the pe... by Fay Paxton on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 1:09:05 PM
People who kick ass get disgusted with the Democra... by Rob Kall on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 4:06:56 PM
It's the same sentiment that allowed the 2010 Repu... by Fay Paxton on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 4:25:20 AM
Wow!!! How true that post is. There are so many th... by Lynne Kringler on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 10:57:53 PM
My sentiments exactly. All of em. Now.... by Timothy Gatto on Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 9:56:01 PM
Who will be doing the throwing? You do realize tha... by Mark Halfmoon on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 3:20:56 AM
... by Mark Halfmoon on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 3:38:58 AM
...I understand the sentiment.  I can see dum... by chuckwh on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 1:10:49 PM
Thinking seriously of personally nullifying the el... by Cameron Salisbury on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 1:17:18 PM
Good show, Rob.  I followed a similar route i... by Herbert Hoffman on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 1:17:39 PM
Given our present partisan political economic syst... by E. J. N. on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 1:20:32 PM
kind of talk, Rob maybe you should talk to,your fr... by Mark Ropel on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 1:27:37 PM
I've been there. I've reached the conclusion ... by Rob Kall on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 4:22:46 PM
And looking at how asleep, so many people in my re... by Michael Dewey on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 9:32:09 AM
There is absolutely no reason to believe that this... by TNProgressive on Sunday, May 6, 2012 at 2:15:42 AM
TNProgressive, you and others seem to have missed... by Randy Moor on Sunday, May 6, 2012 at 8:05:47 AM
I totally agree with you. (Tried to 'thumbs up it,... by Mark Halfmoon on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 3:34:17 AM
There's plenty to get mad about over the 2000 elec... by Jill Herendeen on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 11:08:33 AM
but it was his year for teaching dive taking 101... by zon moy on Friday, May 11, 2012 at 8:25:33 AM
Rob, a brave move for someone in your position.&nb... by Bayard Waterbury on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 1:40:13 PM
In order to understand President Obama you need to... by Dryden Wonne on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 1:42:13 PM
in 2000 and we got GWBush.  I do live in a sw... by JimZ on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 1:44:02 PM
  A revolution.... by Bob Gormley on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 7:41:25 PM
you just made my point.... by JimZ on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 10:27:09 PM
there's no path to restoration of our country, or ... by Rob Kall on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 11:48:51 PM
highly debatable.  Restoring the country is n... by JimZ on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 1:02:55 AM
... the fact that Romney has Robert Bork advising ... by J. Edward Tremlett on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 9:56:35 AM
HOW QUICKLY WE FORGET: 2 pre-emptive perpetual war... by Lynne Kringler on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 11:19:50 PM
thats right, all of it. got to get it through your... by zon moy on Friday, May 11, 2012 at 8:18:56 AM
Occupy their Central Committee meetings. Occupy t... by Samuel Bryan on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 1:53:18 PM
Your participation could be a tiller steering the ... by John Sanchez Jr. on Monday, May 7, 2012 at 7:27:23 AM
While the Democrats claim to be for the working cl... by Lee Hutchings on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 1:53:26 PM
Congratulations.I am tempted to ask what took so l... by Samson on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 1:56:02 PM
Party affiliation is of only passing interest for ... by Michael Hager on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 1:59:28 PM
I am with you. I have been so disappointed and dis... by Noelle Imparato on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 2:01:02 PM
Yay!  Great move!  I wish more of our co... by Jeff Bell on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 2:08:13 PM
You failed to mention the Justice Party, and Rocky... by TNProgressive on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 5:31:47 AM
I will still vote for and help some hand picked De... by Jim Ramelis on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 2:14:27 PM
I know a lot of thought went into your decision to... by for_hibakusha on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 2:16:38 PM
Good thoughts, young man. Now that you are free, d... by Chris Landau on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 12:04:07 AM
Rob:   I completely empathize with your fe... by Monish Chatterjee on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 2:17:18 PM
How could anyone who professes to be a progressive... by Stephen Unger on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 2:18:22 PM
You did an excellent job of summarizing Obama's ac... by Evelyn Pringle on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 9:01:27 PM
Great Rob.Red and blue sheep just get eaten. The l... by Chris Landau on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 2:25:21 PM
And kudos to Rob, he's sounding like a real soldie... by Davey Jones on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 11:49:03 PM
Here's the article you asked for " The Velvet Glo... by Dorothy Reilly on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 2:37:50 PM
might refrain from making such statements. While t... by molly cruz on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 2:54:42 PM
While I don't have the energy to actually go and s... by Steven Jonas on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 3:19:37 PM
click herePublished my article here - December 200... by Faith Carr on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 3:23:16 PM
When Pelosi said 'Impeachment is off the table', I... by 911TRUTH on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 3:29:26 PM
I went to her house, along with Code Pink, Cindy S... by Samuel Bryan on Sunday, May 6, 2012 at 2:44:04 PM
I wasn't in my teens when DNC dumped my father in ... by Hooker Jay on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 3:50:55 PM
I was born into a Democratic family---Irish workin... by Patricia Gray on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 3:52:32 PM
I agree. Bob, you speak my heart on this. Except I... by Ezili Danto on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 4:05:41 PM
I tried repeatedly to click the "like" button, to ... by Gordon Glick on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 6:40:01 PM
Ezili, I have long shared your opinion of the elec... by Calvin Davis on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 11:52:35 AM
I feel your pain, Rob, and would join you, but ... by Jerry Scott on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 4:06:12 PM
I support Rocky Anderson's positions on every s... by Randy Moor on Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 9:58:48 AM
I think you could have a lot of input into the pla... by lila york on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 4:13:37 PM
Change more often comes from within than without!&... by Peter Wedlund on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 4:30:02 PM
I concurrr with you 100%!... by Anuel Jackson on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 4:40:17 PM
Obama has taken the country right-ward at a faster... by Alternate_ID on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 4:51:06 PM
Make that "not salvageable" instead of "salvageabl... by Alternate_ID on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 9:50:32 PM
I am a life long Conservative, not a misguided Tea... by Fred Schwacke on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 4:51:25 PM
Perhaps the most important reason to vote for Obam... by Scott Baker on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 5:34:30 PM
You assume the worst about Romney and the best abo... by Alternate_ID on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 6:05:51 PM
will still be leagues to the corporate conservativ... by John Sanchez Jr. on Monday, May 7, 2012 at 7:40:25 AM
You say the leopard will change his spots if we wi... by Alternate_ID on Monday, May 7, 2012 at 2:44:59 PM
is another tactic that is very popular on the righ... by John Sanchez Jr. on Monday, May 7, 2012 at 5:20:33 PM
What I wrote was clearly intended as summary of yo... by Alternate_ID on Monday, May 7, 2012 at 6:20:23 PM
"You assume the worst about Romney and the best ab... by John Sanchez Jr. on Monday, May 7, 2012 at 10:30:56 PM
I'm guessing that anything that doesn't paint Romn... by Alternate_ID on Monday, May 7, 2012 at 11:54:45 PM
You're an alien robot. And I can prove, it, too. I... by J. Edward Tremlett on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 10:02:04 AM
Dembots are the closest thing to alien robots thes... by Alternate_ID on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 12:19:30 PM
The "dembot" comment was a dead giveaway.Nice play... by J. Edward Tremlett on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 9:40:20 PM
I could have called you a Rethug since it's the fl... by Alternate_ID on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 10:12:39 PM
And I usually have the last one :)*looks at watch*... by J. Edward Tremlett on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 10:47:44 PM
I'd expect no less from someone who obsessively pr... by Alternate_ID on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 12:21:28 PM
If The 99% can be new, why can't a successful thir... by GLloyd Rowsey on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 5:57:19 PM
Elizabeth Warren came out in favor of war on Iran ... by Dorothy Reilly on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 1:11:17 AM
mainly symbolic unless the Prez dies. But I admit,... by GLloyd Rowsey on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 7:03:44 PM
...to hear this. Now, send a real message, take a ... by Georgianne Nienaber on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 6:16:41 PM
Explain.Chris... by Chris Landau on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 12:17:11 AM
Respectfully, I understand your frustration with t... by Gordon Glick on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 6:17:48 PM
Mr. Kall:If you're fed up with the Democrats (as I... by John Riley on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 6:23:44 PM
Yo Bob - You, my friend and FORMER COLLEAGUE, have... by kevhurls on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 6:25:52 PM
of my township Democratic organization, but I neve... by John Sanchez Jr. on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 6:41:51 PM
Voting is not to express yourself, "show them", be... by BFalcon on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 12:35:45 AM
Neither the Elephants [ 107-Hastert 108-Hastert 1... by Lance Ciepiela on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 6:58:43 PM
While your statement is not quite as strong as I w... by Bill Samuel on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 6:58:53 PM
, which depends on your state's laws. Probably, t... by Jill Herendeen on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 11:15:17 AM
Couldn't be said better.  The mold we are in ... by Burl Hall on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 7:05:56 PM
    I've been saying that both part... by Bob Gormley on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 7:29:46 PM
THE NOTION OF LEAVING THE DEMOS BEHIND HAS OCCURRE... by WILL CHAPMAN on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 7:58:29 PM
 By Dave Johnson October 22, 2010 - 1:07pm ET... by Lynne Kringler on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 4:42:41 AM
Just to add on Social Security, it made ridiculous... by BFalcon on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 12:50:53 AM
Does anyone remember that the Democrats in 1999 wa... by John Reed on Friday, May 11, 2012 at 8:14:37 AM
... like a voter scorned.I appreciate the sentimen... by Jim Arnold on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 8:07:46 PM
Thank you for advocating the employment of critica... by Mark Halfmoon on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 2:46:23 AM
why I would even consider voting for Obama; and th... by michael payne on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 8:07:47 PM
I followed the Iraq war. We lost hundreds of thous... by Lynne Kringler on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 2:18:24 AM
May 3, 2012Dear Rob, congratulations on your annou... by Sherwood Ross on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 8:27:40 PM
Green or the Peace and Freedom party might help. N... by Chris Landau on Monday, May 7, 2012 at 11:58:57 PM
I applaud and support your reasons and your decisi... by Daniel Penisten on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 8:32:08 PM
I hope more will abandon the two parties and becom... by Sharon Roach on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 9:04:00 PM
Great. And how about a party that is predominantly... by Chris Landau on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 12:33:03 AM
This strategy has already begun - the midterm land... by Gustav Wynn on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 10:25:10 PM
Welcome to the group of Democratic Refugees. ... by Joe Walsh on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 10:42:20 PM
I'm in for all of the reasons you put forward. O... by Carol Davidek-Waller on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 1:01:38 AM
Thank You Rob "Nader" Kall!Say hello to President ... by Guitar Chris on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 1:08:15 AM
Those Nader notes don't play very well. Gore won F... by Rob Kall on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 8:51:03 AM
There is no way to turn the heat down on the burne... by Guitar Chris on Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 9:45:56 AM
even though he did his best not to. problem was th... by zon moy on Friday, May 11, 2012 at 8:38:47 AM
You're right, about Nader, seems like tho', if you... by Mark Ropel on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 12:56:19 PM
You are so right, good luck with that message. The... by Lynne Kringler on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 3:00:43 AM
Lynne Kringler, Guitar Chris, Mark Ropel:I appreci... by Mark Halfmoon on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 9:08:09 PM
Mr. Kall, I just want to say that I admire your in... by Zach Martin on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 1:48:46 AM
The election commission!BRAVO ROB and now lets ame... by crispy on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 1:56:45 AM
Welcome aboard Rob. I've been an Independent for m... by Rick Nordland on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 3:24:31 AM
As an IBEW Wirenut, (Now X-IBEW...) I had always m... by Michael Dewey on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 3:58:06 AM
I'm pulling way back from the level of activism I... by Michael Dewey on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 4:02:35 AM
I have been an Independent since the Reagan era wh... by Dennis Kaiser on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 7:02:29 AM
I don't understand why anyone reading this paper w... by John Durham on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 7:05:57 AM
I want to reinforce a key point about lesser ev... by Randy Moor on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 8:59:35 AM
Though there are still many main street Republican... by Guitar Chris on Monday, May 7, 2012 at 8:17:36 AM
must also be considered in light of states like Pe... by John Sanchez Jr. on Monday, May 7, 2012 at 10:08:56 AM
The swing state strategy can be applied at all bal... by Randy Moor on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 5:19:00 AM
When Pelosi ran her campaign on impeaching Bush, t... by Lucia on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 9:11:40 AM
good decision ..... unfortunately Obama got electe... by Larry Fisher on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 10:40:53 AM
My feeling is:  for anyone paying attention t... by Xman2 on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 12:12:22 PM
I remember running home to tell Mom FDR died. My b... by Carol R Campbell on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 4:14:57 PM
Don't be fooled, global warming is a deception in ... by Xman2 on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 5:05:06 PM
If global warming doesn't float your boat, simply ... by Carol R Campbell on Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 5:16:57 PM
Rob I wish I had the problem you do of not needing... by Vicki Friedman on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 7:25:52 PM
I thought that's what I was doing when I voted for... by Douglas C. Smyth on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 7:36:43 PM
but I can't imagine how you can see so clearly wit... by John Sanchez Jr. on Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 11:39:40 AM
Rob: Good job on the OEN content and reporting. Ye... by Tim Sanders on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 8:27:09 PM
I became what I refer to as "A Political" in early... by Evelyn Pringle on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 9:13:46 PM
I knew we were screwed during the 2008 primaries, ... by Perry Logan on Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 7:32:06 AM
Calling their fellow Democrats racists WAS NOT EVE... by Mark Halfmoon on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 5:08:52 AM
According to the Pew Research Center the decrease ... by Mark Halfmoon on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 5:11:23 AM
And that's what we all need to do, call out the bo... by Mark Ropel on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 1:18:14 PM
You got me there. I'd really rather be reading a b... by Mark Halfmoon on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 8:44:14 PM
If you visit that site of Mark Halfmoon(no relatio... by Mark Ropel on Friday, May 11, 2012 at 10:17:42 AM
.... by Jim Arnold on Friday, May 11, 2012 at 11:20:31 AM
I'm the former President of a local Democratic Clu... by Maenad on Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 10:45:46 AM
I agree w/ your sentiment Rob and will be writing ... by John Russell on Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 10:17:59 PM
Both tax-eater parties are creatures of the crony ... by Ralph Fucetola JD on Sunday, May 6, 2012 at 5:29:14 PM
has already been rejected even by the members of h... by John Sanchez Jr. on Monday, May 7, 2012 at 7:50:02 AM
paper ballots to vote with, and then let the publi... by Jill Herendeen on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 1:53:20 PM
Counting Republican ballots is an iffy proposition... by John Sanchez Jr. on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 8:04:28 AM
Tracking Obama's promises 8/8/11121 Promise Kept... by Lynne Kringler on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 4:28:31 AM
The interesting thing about this is that, at the s... by J. Edward Tremlett on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 10:15:40 AM