Failure to Engage by Rafa 2010
Let's face it, this relationship with the Obama administration just isn't working out. I'm going to give some concrete reasons why. I'm also going to give my opinion at the end of this article. Let me say that this list is flabbergasting. Anyone with any common-sense can figure out why. I didn't enjoy writing this at all. It's because I'm an American citizen. All of this was done in my name and the name of every American citizen. It's about time we changed the direction of this government and you can't do it at the ballot box voting for the Democrat or Republican they decide to put in front of you. There isn't a dimes worth of difference between the political parties. The Democrats represent fascism light while the GOP represents regular fascism. Here's what's going on:
1. Not Charging Anyone in the Bush Administration with War Crimes or Criminal Misconduct. The first thing that should have tipped us all off is when he told us all that he was going to look forward and not backwards, meaning that he wasn't going to go after members of the Bush regime for war crimes or for breaking any other laws while in office. Of course most Americans figured he was just avoiding a partisan fight in Congress, but what we really found out is that he was just staying silent about the war crimes and executive power abuses of the Bush era so that he could pull off his own war crimes and executive power abuses.
2. Drone Strikes. Probably the most heinous behavior of this morally corrupt administration is the weekly war conference between his advisors and the military and civilian intelligence agencies about who should be killed by drone strikes that week. Imagine having a weekly conference to decide who lives and dies in a place half way around the planet and choosing victims. This is without any semblance of due process. No charges, no investigation, no trial"nothing except hearsay. This includes choosing Americans to die. Can anyone say War crime?
3. Uncritical Support of Israel. We supported this rogue state as they attacked the Gaza strip with white phosphorus and cluster bombs, both of which are banned by the Geneva Convention as inhumane. We watched as fighter jets attacked, all of these weapons supplied by the United States. We give these brave Israeli's three billion dollars for "defense "each year. We turn a blind eye as they use weapons that don't discriminate between friend or foe when they kill women and children. Over two thousand Palestinians died during that brave Israeli "incursion" into Gaza with tanks and armored personnel carriers. Not a word was said, not even by that recipient of a Noble Peace prize. This was a colossal refusal to point out pure evil.
4. Sabre-rattling on Iran. Every day we hear of the treachery and deceit by the evil Islamic State of Iran. We hear of their intention to develop nuclear weapons. Even though the IAEA has claimed that Iran had stopped working on development of nuclear weapons in 2003 the noble entity of Israel does not believe that it has. Benjamin Netanyahu received numerous standing ovations from the thugs in Congress. No one thinks twice about the claims Israel makes about the dangers of a nuclear Iran. Even though the top brass in the Iranian Army were trained largely in the US when the Shah was in power and Iran was a close ally. Now it has turned into an evil empire. No one talks about Iran's track record on aggression, noting that Iran has not attacked any State in more than two hundred years. Just like the lead up to war in Iraq, every day brings new accusations about Iran's real intentions. Like watching a repeat of a bad TV show" Iraq redux. It appears that the US didn't learn a thing from the Iraq war. Will this be the spark that turns the Middle-East into a smoldering hell?
5. Interfering in Syria. The United States and its allies, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and The United Arab Emirates send M-16's and other weapons of war in an obvious bid to cause the much desired "regime change" in Syria. Rebel fighters from Libya and other nations sneak into Syria and fight to establish an Islamic State in Syria while the US turns a blind eye, hoping that a new regime in Syria will be friendly towards the West. Nobody can say for sure what outcome will arise from toppling the Bashir regime. Russia and China warn the United States about "meddling" in Syrian affairs. The United States, the World's only "superpower" seems to ignore the threats from these two nuclear states. Once the US decides that regime changer is the only solution, the game will not stop until its objectives have been met. A bully in foreign affairs, nobody in Washington remembers that "reset button" that was pushed last year to set relations with Russia right. The US consistently toys with the Russian Bear. Not unlike the situation with Iran, could this confrontation about Syria be the nuclear start button that leaves the Middle East and maybe the planet in a smoldering hell?
6. Propping-up the regime in Bahrain. We turn a blind eye again to the troubled State of affairs in Bahrain. There, the Khalifah monarchy uses troops from Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates to keep those that cry for democracy down. The ruthless Khalifah regime even imprisons and tortures medical personnel, doctors and medics that treat the wounded. The United States, which has its mighty Fifth Fleet anchored at the Capitol of Manama, has congratulated the regime for coming to a "accommodation" with the protestors, when in fact there was no "accommodation", just a ruthless crackdown on dissidents, using torture and imprisonment. More ruthless than the regime in Damascus, the US, acting in its own self-interest, abides the human rights violations of the monarchy. Where is the much-touted call for democracy here?
7. Plotting Against Venezuela. The government of Venezuela, led by the vilified socialist, Hugo Chavez, was toppled by the wealthy right-wing elements of the Venezuelan opposition with help from the CIA in 2002. The US recognized the new government just hours after the coup. The people of Venezuela became incensed by the coup and took to the streets in protest. As a crowd of almost a million people descended on the Capitol, the Army changed sides and a firefight erupted between the Army and the Secret Police. The Army took control and demanded that Hugo Chavez be reinstated as President. The Bolivarian State of Venezuela, a democratic socialist republic, still exists there. This is a thorn in the side of the American administration in Washington. By all means possible, they vilify Chavez at every opportunity. Why is a functioning democracy in Latin America a problem there? The reason is that Chavez nationalized oil refineries that refused to split profits from oil 50-50, insisting that 80-20, the 80% going to the oil companies and 20% going to the people of Venezuela (the standard contract around the world). The only oil company that agreed to the split was Citgo. This was an affront to capitalism, the de-facto religion of America. Watch for more interference from America in Venezuelan affairs.
8. Our Armament Economy. Just as our industry in America was outsourced to nations that had cheap labor pools, our defense industry grew by leaps and bounds. With the many wars that America is involved in, from Central Africa, to the Horn of Africa all the way to Afghanistan and Pakistan, our defense budget boomed. Between The Department of Defense to the Intelligence Departments either belonging to the military or connected to the military, the actual budget according to different sources is about three trillion dollars. Also according to IPS: U.S. Sets Another Record on Defence Sales, Already .