Living a Low Density Lifestyle by Self
Have you ever had a time in your life when everything seemed to be going just right? When everything flows and you feel like you're clicking on all cylinders? Maybe it was when you were on vacation, or when you did something you felt passionate about. Maybe it was when you were absorbed in nature, listening to music, or perhaps even in the middle of a crowded city street.
Ultimately, where you are when you experience this isn't so important, because in the end it's really a state of mind.
This state, which occurs when your body, mind and spirit are in such resonance that you feel like you are in the zone, is called a Low Density Lifestyle. When you are living this way, you are living in a more relaxed, less stressed, and calm, clear and focused manner on an everyday basis. It can lead you to better health and happiness, along with a more fulfilled, successful and enlightened life.
When you live a Low Density Lifestyle, you have less density, rigidity and tension in your body, mind and spirit--this means there are fewer blockages obstructing the dynamic flow of energy circulating throughout your body. You are more fluid and flexible, and less inflexible, rigid and uncompromising.
Paulo Coelho, the author of The Alchemist, said, "Be like the fountain that overflows, not like the cistern that merely contains." In essence, this is the formula for living a Low Density Lifestyle: if you let go of your densities and rigidities, and overcome your blockages, you will be like a fountain. You then become a circuit of energy, flowing infinitely, much like an unimpeded electrical circuit in which the electricity freely courses throughout.
How do you achieve a Low Density Lifestyle? Like anything in life, it takes a commitment, but the investment you put into it in terms of time and energy pays itself back with tremendous dividends.
You can start just by doing some simple things--eat more vegetables and less animal foods; turn on some music and let go, moving and swaying to the beat as you feel it move through you; stop doing the same routine that you always do, instead doing something different everyday. For instance, brush your teeth with your right hand if you always brush with your left, or sleep on the other side of the bed, or take a different route to work. Make room for quiet time everyday, whether via meditation, walking in nature, or sitting quietly in your living room; and say "yes" instead of always saying "no." See the Jim Carrey movie "Yes Man" to help guide you.
The following 12-step guide can help you get on the path to living a Low Density Lifestyle. Some or all of these may sound familiar, and you may do one or many of them. But when you put them all together, it's when you really start living!
1) Eat a healthy, whole foods oriented diet.
2) Understand and put into practice how to truly take care of your health, and be empowered and proactive in doing so.
3) Be active and move, especially in ways that accentuate flow.
4) Be flexible of body and mind, and don't allow yourself to get caught up in rigid and dogmatic thinking.
5) Be mindful of your actions and reactions -- meaning, be fully aware of how you interact with others and whether your actions and reactions are reflexive and reactive, or loving and thoughtful, with no agenda attached.
6) Carry yourself with integrity in everything you do, and be authentic and real
7) Do your utmost to keep a positive attitude about life, and make sure your emotional well-being is tended to.
8) Have an abundance mindset, as opposed to a scarcity one. In other words, know that there is enough to go around and be willing to share, as opposed to believing that it's every person for themselves and you have to get yours before someone takes it from you.
1 | 2