Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter Share on Facebook 6 Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest Share on Fark! Share on Reddit Share on StumbleUpon Tell A Friend 2 (8 Shares)
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites View Stats   88 comments

Good Riddance Thatcher and Other Thoughts on Dead Vile People

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 1 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Supported 10   Well Said 8   Valuable 4

opednews.com Headlined to H3 4/9/13

There's an attitude that you don't speak ill of the dead. I don't agree.
Sorry. But I don't really feel sad that Margaret Thatcher is gone, dead.

Not only am I not sad, I feel that her death is an opportunity to discuss what was wrong with her and her life. I'm not doing the writing, but I've published articles that deride her, her actions, her policies.

I'd put Thatcher in the same category with Richard Nixon and Dick Cheney. They were vile people alive and they should be buried with memories of their mis-deeds and wrongs clearly displayed and shared.

Thats my take.

If someone's led a bad life, then, when they die, they should be called out for what they did wrong.

I don't want Margaret Thatcher glorified by historians. She should go down in history as a right winger who started a war, who didn't care about the poor, who was eventually reviled even by her own party.

Glenn Greenwald has some similar things to say here; Margaret Thatcher And Misapplied Death Etiquette

Danny Schecter also spoke truth, saying:
The Past Fires Back: Thatcher and Kissinger in the News
and more:
"Carry On Margaret": Still Playing in Theaters Near You

What was your take on Thatcher, and how do  you feel about speaking ill of dead public figures who you detested or did not respect while they were alive?

From http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Margaret_thatcher_2007.jpg: Margaret thatcher 2007
Margaret thatcher 2007 by Wikipedia

Rob Kall has spent his adult life as an awakener and empowerer-- first in the field of biofeedback, inventing products, developing software and a music recording label, MuPsych, within the company he founded in 1978-- Futurehealth, and founding, organizing and running 3 conferences: Winter Brain, on Neurofeedback and consciousness, Optimal Functioning and Positive Psychology (a pioneer in the field of Positive Psychology, first presenting workshops on it in 1985) and Storycon Summit Meeting on the Art Science and Application of Story-- each the first of their kind.  Then, when he found the process of raising people's consciousness and empowering them to take more control of their lives  one person at a time was too slow, he founded Opednews.com-- which has been the top search result on Google for the terms liberal news and progressive opinion for several years. Rob began his Bottom-up Radio show, broadcast on WNJC 1360 AM to Metro Philly, also available on iTunes, covering the transition of our culture, business and world from predominantly Top-down (hierarchical, centralized, authoritarian, patriarchal, big)  to bottom-up (egalitarian, local, interdependent, grassroots, archetypal feminine and small.) Recent long-term projects include a book, Bottom-up-- The Connection Revolution, debillionairizing the planet and the Psychopathy Defense and Optimization Project.

Rob Kall Wikipedia Page

Over 200 podcasts are archived for downloading here, or can be accessed from iTunes. Rob is also (more...)

A Conspiracy Conspiracy Theory

Terrifying Video: "I Don't Need a Warrant, Ma'am, Under Federal Law"

Ray McGovern Discusses Brutal Arrest at Secretary Clinton's Internet Freedom Speech

Cindy Sheehan Bugged in Denver

Libertarian Legacy? Ron Paul's Campaign Manager, 49, Dies Uninsured, Of Pneumonia, Leaving family $400,000 Debt

Interview: McCain Fellow Hanoi Hilton POW & Naval Academy Dorm-mate; Why He Won't Vote For McCain

Comments

She's dead. Gone. So...list the stupid things she ... by Kirk deFord on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:35:11 PM
when their time comes too!... by Michael Shaw on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:52:00 PM
There is a humorous song  in Russia about an ... by Mark Sashine on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:38:18 PM
you're too kind.... by landtorpedo on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:03:21 AM
In my opinion Thatcher rated highly as the Wicked ... by Sharon Donohue on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:39:44 PM
Same thought as yours. I sent a friend from Bristo... by Jeff Charles on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:28:32 PM
to the 99%. She's dead and goddamnit I'm glad she'... by Michael Shaw on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:50:04 PM
As a citizen and resident of the US, I cannot spea... by Eric Arthur Blair on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:57:06 PM
I don't believe in an afterlife, but if I could de... by Eric Arthur Blair on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:58:55 PM
not long ago, and it looked like she followed her ... by Daniel Geery on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 6:51:01 PM
Is that a pseudonym?  Isn't your real name Ge... by Maxwell on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:31:52 PM
I was just thinking about the connection between T... by E. T. SIMON on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:42:02 PM
Thatcher implemented Ayn Rand's Unplugged Conscien... by Thomas Prentice, Ph.D. on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 4:02:53 PM
Thatcher implemented Ayn Rand's Unplugged Conscien... by Thomas Prentice, Ph.D. on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 4:03:38 PM
click here... by intotheabyss on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 4:23:05 PM
for "evil" behavior. Quasi-fully explaining, scien... by Ad Du on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 4:29:29 PM
I have the psychiatrist who wrote the book on soci... by Rob Kall on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:13:52 PM
It used to be that the kind of people who are now ... by Rob Kall on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 4:35:53 PM
British media is both celebrating and mourning.&nb... by Doc McCoy on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 8:30:09 AM
Thatcher or any other staunch right winger were an... by Michael Shaw on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:49:12 PM
Of course people should speak ill of the dead when... by Gary Corseri on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:09:16 PM
You nailed that! Yes, during her campaign against... by Kim Cassidy on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:32:11 PM
Wait after Obama sacks Social Security and she com... by Michael Shaw on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:53:44 PM
How come this didn't go viral, like Howard Dean's ... by Maxwell on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 3:00:56 PM
Celbrating someone's death is second cousin to wis... by Charles-Eva Manning on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:19:19 PM
One rarely speaks ill of the dead, but in this cas... by Niloufar Parsi on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:26:17 PM
I must apologize in advance, perhaps, for the firs... by Cynthia Piano on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:38:09 PM
I am always interested in how the descriptions per... by Kim Cassidy on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:47:52 PM
Clarity.  Brilliant.... by Don Caldarazzo on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:14:41 PM
I don't think cheney CAN die. He's getting younger... by Kim Cassidy on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 6:02:02 PM
keeps looking healthier all the time. It does make... by intotheabyss on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:35:31 PM
I'll be airing an interview with a Russian zillion... by Rob Kall on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:20:04 PM
He's welcome Rob! I can't wait to get off this pla... by David Brittain on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 6:26:33 AM
I am VERY interested in reading it. Extremely. Of... by Kim Cassidy on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 2:38:53 PM
Has Chavez become a paragon of virtue in death?&nb... by Bob Stuart on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 6:31:47 PM
It's always dangerous not to call evil out for wha... by Don Caldarazzo on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:05:51 PM
I agree that politicians who have used their power... by Dan Sa on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:13:17 PM
Thatcher did not start a war. Argentina invaded th... by Keith Brilhart on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:14:42 PM
So let me see if I am hearing you correctly.Everyo... by Don Caldarazzo on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:20:40 PM
which is best summed up in an interview she did wi... by Doc McCoy on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:57:00 PM
I usually respect your opinions even if I don't ag... by Adam Smith on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:34:27 PM
especially when we look at it through our values o... by Doc McCoy on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:39:04 PM
The fact that you lived or spent a good part o... by Ecor on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 8:16:01 PM
You may have been in a position to benefit from he... by Adam Smith on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:20:31 PM
... the dole."I would have agreed with you, sir, t... by Ad Du on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:10:51 PM
do schools fail the students - or do the students ... by Doc McCoy on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 11:26:20 PM
Part of the job of the school and teachers is to i... by Rob Kall on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:18:57 PM
Who steal the money. State officials and school b... by Kim Cassidy on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 2:44:19 PM
"you can lead a horse to water but you can't make ... by Doc McCoy on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 5:40:33 PM
read my Magic Elixir on this site, and follow... by Susan Lee Schwartz on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 9:02:34 PM
When students--generally older--are responsible fo... by Maxwell on Thursday, Apr 11, 2013 at 8:41:14 AM
 Sir,  You could see how much a country ... by Ad Du on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 3:54:14 PM
  This alone should not explain it, so h... by Ad Du on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 4:28:07 PM
 P.S.  Last summer I "read" a Chinese h... by Ad Du on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 4:39:16 PM
"Life in "teaching" is miserable enough, that most... by Robert S. Becker on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 5:57:27 PM
 Sir, As I said here somewhere, my comme... by Ad Du on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 7:00:47 PM
but it would solve few, if any of existing problem... by Doc McCoy on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 6:46:37 PM
is more accurate, as in applying teacherly pressur... by Robert S. Becker on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 7:27:18 PM
anything about China's school system. But, if not,... by Ad Du on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 7:38:28 PM
The trash served to the poor as schooling is large... by Maxwell on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 3:07:32 PM
 Sir,  I wish you had detailed that, I w... by Ad Du on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 4:52:34 PM
And there's a lot more going on, including racial ... by Maxwell on Thursday, Apr 11, 2013 at 8:58:22 AM
I agree entirely with Keith Brilhart. Britain was ... by James Carlisle on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 5:11:35 AM
Thatcher and Reagan, the "Right Wing' side of t... by KurtB on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:41:43 PM
and squash heroes like bugs. Empire and those who ... by intotheabyss on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:41:50 PM
Just speak the truth. I am repulsed by diplomatic ... by S. Juniper on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:47:41 PM
Augusto Pinochet. He and she along with Efrem Rios... by B. Ross Ashley on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 8:00:22 PM
All The Iron Ladies' "good works" have been review... by James Tennier on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:47:13 PM
Thatcher will certainly be missed by the poor who ... by Rudy Avizius on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:48:50 PM
 Obsolete anyway.... by Howard Lewis on Tuesday, Apr 9, 2013 at 11:24:19 PM
Excellent article Rob and my sympathy for her fami... by David Brittain on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 5:18:53 AM
I join you in rejoicing in the death of Margaret T... by Andrew Schettino on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 8:04:12 AM
" Reagan (who of course was brain-dead for decades... by Maxwell on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:47:27 PM
Why stop with Thatcher, Nixon & Cheney? Every U.S.... by Gary Brumback on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 8:57:00 AM
I'll of the dead?? They need to encase her coffin ... by SlackerSlayer Bossman on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 10:49:45 AM
I'm not superstitious about speaking ill of the de... by Maxwell on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:45:00 PM
History is forever rewritten and it does little ha... by Robert S. Becker on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 2:25:18 PM
"I don't favor demonizing evil-doers, but for a pr... by Maxwell on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 3:28:29 PM
I suppose I'm a centrist agnostic.  I think i... by Maxwell on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 3:34:14 PM
as eternal punishment fits the worst crimes. :) An... by Robert S. Becker on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 5:50:35 PM
I'll probably get jeered off this thread for sayin... by Maxwell on Thursday, Apr 11, 2013 at 7:30:16 AM
I was of course joking about afterlife only for ev... by Robert S. Becker on Thursday, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:23:16 AM
Per OEN, Dennis Kucinich and a few others are sain... by Maxwell on Thursday, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:29:22 AM
Moms Mabley (comedienne from the 60's) said it bes... by Season on Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 8:13:33 PM
I agree with speaking truth about dead or alive pu... by Levi Yoder on Thursday, Apr 11, 2013 at 2:45:22 AM
I have discovered that "truth" is subjective.Even ... by Doc McCoy on Thursday, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:34:45 AM
Personal truths and observations are certainly sub... by Robert S. Becker on Thursday, Apr 11, 2013 at 11:21:04 AM
I think when the Cheney ticker finally gives out I... by Maxwell on Thursday, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:02:03 AM