(Article changed on April 4, 2013 at 14:52)
(Article changed on April 4, 2013 at 09:46)
Friedman's, April 4, 2013 "Invent a Job"
mine " Undressing Thomas Friedman' 6/13/2008
I thought I had undressed Thomas Friedman once and for all (see above). But no, he is back! Someone said about Americans that they first insult you and then, before you have time to get offended they insult you again. Friedman is the more advanced species- he insults your intelligence whenever he appears and it is very tough to ignore him even if you are offended. Eventually you just laugh.
You can't help laughing when you see that coven of shills on Morning Joe's with Tommy, the Inventor, Joe, the Lover of Hallmark e- cards and Mica, the silent fairy, all earning top bucks for being nothing, doing nothing, saying nothing. Is that kind of a job considered "high skill, high pay', the one mentioned by Friedman in the link above. And how about those new jobs recently announced: drone pilots, frackers, private security and concierge doctors? Are those the ones people had invented or someone like Friedman had invented those for us?
In his article in the NY Times Friedman just follows the diatribe of some executive who says we need to teach K-12 the innovation and have "lab schools'. Of course, both Friedman and that executive are sacrosanct- nobody can even try to challenge them. I will try though.
- We need less Friedmans and more Palasts.
- We need less executives and more cooperative property.
- We need less shills and more honest people in power and visibility.
- We need less Joes and more people like Cindy Sheehan.
- We need SI ( system international) measuring system in the country. We and some country in Africa are the last ones who do not have it.
- We need NATIONAL EDUCATION with a net of schools where students start at 7 and graduate at 18 TOGETHER in one compound, so that they grow together.
- We need schools to be funded from Income Tax.
- We need NATIONAL STANDARDS on all school curricula.
- We need to put an emphasize on the basic understanding, also arts and sciences and curb significantly the sports, make sports only recreational except for people who want to pursue it professionally through special sports schools.
- We need to abandon all sports college scholarships.
- We need to restore the admission to colleges on merits only and restore the entrance exams.
- We need to abandon SAT, GMAT, all the stupid intermediate computer -- based placement tests, return to written and oral exams and introduce special pedagogical colleges with teaching degrees. We need to abandon the teaching certification.
- We need to pay teachers much more but the requirements for their proficiency are to be much higher. We need Teachers Union to sponsor people who want to study teaching and teach per subject.
- We need to totally redo our languages program -- every kid graduating has to be fluent in English and at least two more foreign languages.
- We need to restore the vocational schools and the institute of technicians. Those schools are to be sponsored by the industries/private sector.
- We need teachers to cooperate with each other.
- We need private schools to lower tuition and be ONLY HIGH SCHOOLS.
- We need eventually all the religious -- affiliated schools to join the net of public schools while retaining the stuff and "character'.
- We need to push for the bachelors degree to be the result of the High School.
- We need universal Health Insurance for all.
- We need innovations to be spearheaded by the government institutions with subsidizing public schools in appropriate projects with the government contracts being eventually awarded to those companies which co- sponsor those projects.
- We need nurses in all schools and TOTAL PROHIBITION OF ALL PSYCHO-RELATED drugs for kids. There is no such thing as ADD, no such thing as abnormal kid, no such thing as stupid student. There are only lazy and malicious adults.
If we do only 10% of the above it would be a miracle. But only after we do all of the above we can follow Finland or other like them. Of course, by then we will have no Friedman's or Joes and real people will solve real problems. Until then we can laugh our ears off at the INVENTOR-IN -- SHILL and his cronies. Have fun.
PS. Oh, yes, Friedman said on Morning Joe (and they all agreed in mutual howling) that Arab Spring had gone 'the wrong way'. Not the way he wanted. Those pesky Arabs, they need more education in shilliness, I suppose.