FBI Entraps Two More Muslims - by Stephen Lendman
By now, the familiar storyline sounds more like a film plot than criminal indictment, especially when Muslims are involved, and the most recent case repeats the same scenario used last December.
Then it involved Antonio Martinez, aka Muhammad Hussain, accused of plotting to attack an armed forces recruiting center. An undercover FBI agent lawlessly entrapped him, supplying an inert bomb, then stopping him after he allegedly tried to detonate it by remote control. A previous article discussed him, accessed through the following link:
In fact, like dozens of others, he was maliciously ensnared by an FBI orchestrated sting operation, entrapping him to declare another war on terror victory. Innocence or guilt doesn't matter, just the illusion that America is now safer when, in fact, each conviction assures greater insecurity, leaving many to wonder who's next.
Abu Khalid Abdul-Latif (aka Joseph Anthony Davis) and Walli Mujahidh (aka Frederick Dominque) are the latest victims, a June 23 Justice Department press release headlining, "Two Men Charged in Plot to Attack Seattle Military Processing Center - Defendants Sought Firearms and Grenades to Attack Complex where Enlistees Report," saying:
Arrested on June 22, both men were "charged by criminal complaint with terrorism and firearms related charges....Unbeknownst to the defendants, the weapons were rendered inoperable and posed no risk to the public. (They) initially planned an attack on Joint Base Lewis-McChord, but later changed targets. (They) intended to carry out their attack with both grenades and machine guns."
Other bogus plots involved surface-to-air and stinger missiles, automatic weapons, bombs and other explosive devices, as well as other heavy firepower beyond the ability of ordinary people to obtain even with help. Yet indictments suggest it's simple for anyone to get them over the counter or by other means.
According to US Attorney Jenny Durkan:
"The complaint alleges these men intended to carry out a deadly attack against our military where they should be most safe, here at home. This is a sobering reminder of our need to be vigilant and that our first line of defense is the people who live in our community. We were able to disrupt the plot because someone stepped forward and reported it to authorities."
In fact, according to Seattle Post-Intelligencer writers Levi Pulkkinen and Scott Gutierrez, a convicted felon informant entrapped both men in a plot they may never have conceived without prodding.
However, the storyline goes that both defendants met with the unnamed man, explained the planned attack, then surveilled the recruiting station together. Why three were needed for a one-man job wasn't explained, other than for help to provide weapons no ordinary person could get.
According to the FBI, Abdul-Latif told the informant he wanted to obtain AK-47 assault rifles, rocket-propelled grenades, other grenades, and bullet proof vests.
The Justice Department indictment said:
"Law enforcement (learned) of the potential threat when a citizen alerted them that he/she had been approached about participating in the attack and supplying firearms to the conspirators. The person then agreed to work with law enforcement, which began monitoring" both men.
Since early June, "the conspirators were captured on (easily manipulated) audio and videotape, discussing a violent assault on the Military Entrance Process Station (MEPS)....where each (military branch) screens and processes enlistees."