Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest Share on Fark! Share on Reddit
Share on StumbleUpon Tell A Friend
33 Shares
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites View Article Stats
62 comments

Do You Think Obama Was the First to Order Assassinations?

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 2 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Valuable 6   Must Read 5   Well Said 3

Headlined to H1 8/12/12

I had a dream about government ordered killing last night that's led to this article.

Writing articles based on dreams can be dangerous. The last time I wrote an article based on a dream I got a call from the DC Capitol police that persuaded me to slightly modify the article and remove the reference to a part of my dream in which a semi-automatic-weapon-supporting member of congress was being chased by a thug with a semi-automatic weapon (I'd mentioned the congress rep's name and the Capitol police were called. Today, that might have me treated as a terrorist.)

I viewed the new movie, Bourne Legacy last night. I think that's what inspired the dream. I think I can say, without being a spoiler, that a lot of people are killed in Bourne Legacy at the behest of the US government.

Last night, I kept having this repeating dream that someone had to revise some file on the internet-- an article or something-- then, afterward, would be killed. This seemed to go on for hours.

Finally, I got up out of bed and a thought dawned on me. First, was that this dream was probably primed by the movie. But then, the big realization was that Obama's decision to kill Americans extra-judicially, without justice, without judges or courts, was probably based on precedent.

It's just not in Obama's DNA to decide to set a policy that it's  okay to kill people. But he went public with that policy. My dream tied together the dots  in my head that Obama had to be persuaded to set this policy. And the way he was persuaded was he was told and shown evidence that others before him had already followed this trail-- probably George W Bush 43 and Cheney, maybe even Clinton and almost certainly former CIA director George Herbert Walker Bush 41.

George Herbert Walker Bush posing at the CIA Does anyone doubt he authorized killings?

The fact that Obama was not the first president to do it does not take away from how wrong it is.

I think we need to get this dirty, frankly, horrible aspect of Executive power on the table. We need to go back in history and draw a line and start asking which presidents exercised this power and who they killed. I have zero doubt that Obama did it first. He did it because he wanted to look tough and maybe because he got caught. But it casts a light into a dark, stygian corner of our decaying republic, that some are under the illusion is a democracy. That dark corner needs a lot more light.

There's a chance that a pair of psychopathic narcissistic corporatists will be in the White House and then, who knows what ways they will define threats to national security and enemies of the state.

The other day, an Occupy protester, demonstrating in front of a bank, was charged with Terroristic Felony.   Who knows what will qualify as a presidentially decreed "termination" if these corporatists gain access to the White House?

We are moving at an accelerating pace deeper and deeper into a police state. We don't even know how bad it is. Movies like Bourne Legacy are not wild fantasies. They are probably reasonable speculations of the kinds of things that NSA, CIA, Homeland Security, FBI and all the fusion centers and even local law enforcement orgs, engorged with Homeland Security funding, are already doing.

My nightmare, that people are pushed to change records and then killed is minor league compared to reality. I have no doubts about that. As a website owner, I approach problems with the website with a philosophy that drives my webmaster crazy. I believe that for every bug or problem on the site that a user reports, there are 10 or 100 users who have faced the bug without reporting it. I take every bug very seriously.

When it comes to presidential assassinations, I think it's reasonable to make a similar assumption. For every one we know about there are ten or 100 that we are never told about, maybe a thousand.

Rachel Maddow has written, in her brilliant book, Drift, about how the military industrial, security complex is out of control. We must take heroic actions to get it, including its commander in chief, back under the control of we-the-people. Power, once attained, fights fiercely to hold on to that power, even power attained through the pseudo-meritocracy, as Chris Hayes brilliantly writes about in his book, Twilight of the Elites.

We will not be able to ask nicely for our power back, or for the military or the intelligence agencies or the Executive branch's power to be given up. We will have to take strong, powerful actions. We will have to use all the resources that we the people have to take away the powers that have been accumulated so pathologically. And we do have  powers. We still have the internet, thought they're trying hard to take it away from us. We still have the first amendment-- freedom of speech, press and assembly. But, with electronic surveillance, we've lost the heart of the 4th amendment-- freedom from unreasonable search.

Next Page  1  |  2

Rob Kall is editor-in-chief, publisher and site architect of OpEdNews.com, President of Futurehealth, Inc, and an inventor. He hosts the Rob Kall Bottom Up Radio Show, aired in the Metro Philly area on AM 1360, WNJC. Over 200 podcasts are archived for downloading here, or can be accessed from iTunes. Rob is also published regularly on the Huffingtonpost.com

Rob Kall Wikipedia Page

Rob is, with Opednews.com the first media winner of the Pillar Award for supporting Whistleblowers and the first amendment.

See more Rob Kall articles here and, older ones, here. To learn more about Rob and OpEdNews.com, check out A Voice For Truth - ROB KALL | OM Times Magazine and this article. For Rob's work in non-political realms mostly before 2000, see his C.V..  and here's an article on the Storycon Summit Meeting he founded and organized for eight years. Press coverage in the Wall Street Journal: Party's Left Pushes for a Seat at the Table

Here is a one hour radio interview where Rob was a guest- on Envision This, and here is the transcript.

To watch Rob having a lively conversation with John Conyers, then Chair of the House Judiciary committee, click hereWatch Rob speaking on Bottom up economics at the Occupy G8 Economic Summit, here.

Follow Rob on Twitter & Facebook. His quotes are here

My articles express my personal opinion, not the opinion of this website.

A Conspiracy Conspiracy Theory

Terrifying Video: "I Don't Need a Warrant, Ma'am, Under Federal Law"

Cindy Sheehan Bugged in Denver

Ray McGovern Discusses Brutal Arrest at Secretary Clinton's Internet Freedom Speech

Libertarian Legacy? Ron Paul's Campaign Manager, 49, Dies Uninsured, Of Pneumonia, Leaving family $400,000 Debt

Interview: McCain Fellow Hanoi Hilton POW & Naval Academy Dorm-mate; Why He Won't Vote For McCain

Comments

how the public laps up this sort of "authorized ... by Gentry L Rowsey on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 11:47:39 AM
In the Authoritarian matrix, if the dissenting per... by Paul Repstock on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:36:25 PM
The thing is the others were ashamed of it.This No... by Miriam Callaghan on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:55:59 PM
In not sure I;m prepared to say that assassination... by June Genis on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 10:51:06 AM
I have no indication that anyone in the Bush famil... by Richard Pietrasz on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 6:30:42 PM
He was just the first to claim that it's legal, wh... by Jimmy Green on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 1:29:24 PM
after he and the rest of the puppet regime of wall... by zon moy on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:08:06 PM
All rulers ordered assassinations, big or small. B... by Mark Sashine on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 1:46:35 PM
Roman law applied in RomeUS laws apply in the US.W... by BFalcon on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 2:16:00 PM
are the cornerstone of democratic jurisprudence an... by Mark Sashine on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 3:19:44 PM
 We should provide an accusation against Al A... by BFalcon on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 9:14:19 PM
from Al - Awlaki to yours. Then reread it- see how... by Mark Sashine on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 5:49:12 AM
But I really can't imagine being part of a group t... by BFalcon on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 10:48:01 PM
1965-66, and nothing in the course - which was tau... by Gentry L Rowsey on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 10:33:41 AM
I'm not sure what all that about the child abuse e... by James Hadstate on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:52:51 PM
How can the US laws be applied abroad? And, the... by BFalcon on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 10:51:33 PM
Several of our Founding Fathers adopted the "Roman... by James Hadstate on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 11:50:13 AM
Jim, I am happy we  are in the same boat.&nbs... by Mark Sashine on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 7:33:59 PM
So far out of context This government believes ... by BFalcon on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 11:02:25 PM
you are attacking the very basis of law in our nat... by zon moy on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:09:31 PM
I respect the law very much, perhaps too much. Bu... by BFalcon on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 11:30:15 PM
"It's just not in Obama's DNA to decide to set... by frang on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 2:12:21 PM
Drone strikes were not unprecedented.They probably... by BFalcon on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 2:18:43 PM
The guardian reports  " Since 2004, between 2... by Rob Kall on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 6:40:54 PM
I may possibly be wrong here. The data are repor... by BFalcon on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 8:57:35 PM
Other reports: Guardian in June:The ACLU esti... by BFalcon on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 8:58:58 PM
The conduct of assaination is illegal! The invas... by Paul Repstock on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 11:51:49 PM
Breaking which law?We all know that government age... by BFalcon on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:39:53 AM
a thumbs up after my first comment above, Paul. In... by Gentry L Rowsey on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 1:22:07 AM
Drone strikes are an excellent recruitment tool fo... by Richard Pietrasz on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 6:47:38 PM
As I said elsewhere, I think that the use of drone... by BFalcon on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 11:15:38 PM
The Israeli "Operation Wrath of God" against the P... by E. J. N. on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 3:40:43 PM
and all who surround them are a pox on the human r... by intotheabyss on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 4:20:48 PM
Here is a book that I couldn't put down until done... by Deborah Dills on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:38:50 PM
It's been a tool of this government since at least... by John Kasbohm on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 6:08:18 PM
We were selling guns to Iran and giving intelligen... by greg timmons on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 9:33:22 PM
 ... by Deborah Dills on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:18:11 PM
but I forgot to mention that USA calls these peasa... by greg timmons on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:08:46 AM
Rob,America and its Presidents, including Obama ar... by Paul Roden on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 7:50:51 PM
From "Power tends to Corrupt and Absolute Power Co... by James Hadstate on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 1:16:39 PM
I worry about such things too, but I notice there ... by Ralph Dratman on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 8:14:58 PM
Vikki Weaver was assassinated by an FBI sniper at ... by Richard Pietrasz on Tuesday, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:25:24 PM
We have contingency plans against every Country in... by greg timmons on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 9:15:57 PM
Most Americans really have no idea what Obama has ... by Deborah Dills on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:12:16 PM
We finally got there ---------- "Welcome to Fascis... by greg timmons on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:20:48 PM
I meant "We are NOW the richest Banana Republic in... by greg timmons on Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:31:46 PM
Couldn't go over the allowed 2000 characters so I ... by Deborah Dills on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 10:24:22 AM
you can always add a second or third comment. We d... by Rob Kall on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 11:15:17 AM
because our legislators and corporate media have d... by greg timmons on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 11:52:27 AM
Disastrous "Free Trade"  Tariffs were o... by greg timmons on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 11:58:50 AM
It is no wonder then that America is unable to com... by greg timmons on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:00:04 PM
Offshore corporate bankster style abuse and assass... by Steven G. Erickson on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 7:19:42 AM
The Pinkertons also murdered strikers for mining c... by Richard Pietrasz on Tuesday, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:26:44 PM
We all here must be honest to each other: any demo... by Mark Sashine on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 8:03:33 AM
If an elected representative does something those ... by BFalcon on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 11:20:56 PM
how we all don't like it. But it  is there.&n... by Mark Sashine on Tuesday, Aug 14, 2012 at 7:23:03 AM
Most of my disagreement here with you and most of ... by BFalcon on Tuesday, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:14:40 PM
Rob, you say that "We will not be able to ask nice... by Gary Brumback on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 8:21:27 AM
IS the undertaker.... by Gentry L Rowsey on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 9:02:34 AM
'Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose... by Ned Lud on Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 10:09:36 AM
This is no attempt to be an exhaustive list.  ... by Richard Pietrasz on Tuesday, Aug 14, 2012 at 1:45:37 AM
Who knows what will qualify as a presidentially de... by Scott Sorensen on Tuesday, Aug 14, 2012 at 3:51:42 AM