Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest Share on Fark! Share on Reddit Share on StumbleUpon
Tell A Friend
20 Shares
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites View Article Stats
38 comments

Coulter Angers Her Base, Criticizes Conspiracy about Obama's Nationality

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 2 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Well Said 1   Funny 1   Interesting 1

Headlined to H2 7/26/09

Welcome to reality Ann, I'm sure your stay will be brief as those of us who live here have never seen you here before.

For those of you who do not know, Ann Coulter came out strongly against the conspiracy theories that suggest that President Obama is not a natural born citizen. See the video here:

If the embed doesn't work, click http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYQr2a4vqqg

Not only did Ann come out strongly against it, she called those who believe in the conspiracy "Just a few cranks out there... like when networks bring out the three remaining klanners on network TV". I've been extremely hard on Coulter in the past (below you will see why), but in this case, I have to give credit where credit is due. Ann is right on here, and in confronting the lunatics she has actually shown some courage and integrity for a change. She couldn't resist some of that old Coulter'esque hyperbole with "The last three remaining Klanners", but we'll give her a pass on that this time. Don't I wish it were true, one only has to go to the Southern Poverty Law Center, http://www.splcenter.org/index.jsp website to see what the truth is regarding the numbers of people in racist hate groups.

In leaving behind the realm of the Right Wing Nuts, albeit momentarily, Ann has left her base behind. Prominent among her, perhaps now former, base were the folks at Free Republic www.freerepublic.com who up until now defended her vigorously even when she uttered some of her more crazy statements, like:

- (Speaking of Muslims) We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity.

"I'm more of a man than any liberal." (which is a curious statement considering that Ann has dated several Liberal men and is reportedly dating one now. I'm going to stop my commentary there before I get into trouble)

- (Speaking about wanting Jews to convert to Christianity) "We just want Jews to be perfected, as they say."

- "If we're so cruel to minorities, why do they keep coming here? Why aren't they sneaking across the Mexican border to make their way to the Taliban?" (I guess Ann is referring here to the secret molecular transportation device in South Texas that beams one directly to Taliban controlled regions of Afghanistan)

- "If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen." (This self-hating theme occurs/recurs frequently in Coulter statements. It makes one wonder if Ann realizes she is asking to be disenfranchised.)

"If I'm going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

"We need to execute people like (John Walker Lindh) in order to physically intimidate liberals."

"The swing voters -- I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster." (Can we get the next couple of GOP Presidential nominees to take Ann on the road with them to Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania?)

--------------------------------------

Given that history of statements, going for the reality based and reasoned approach is a stunning departure for Ann.

Next Page  1  |  2

A political blogger for the International Business Times, Steve Leser is a hot national political pundit. He has appeared on MSNBC's Coundown with Keith Olbermann, Comedy Central's Daily Show with Jon Stewart and Russia Today's (RT) Crosstalk with (more...)

McCain Campaign Violated McCain-Feingold law with Palin Clothing Purchases

McCain attacked 18 year old Chelsea Clinton in 1998 now says Palin's family & kids are off limits

McCain says "Horseshit" on National TV During Debate

North Korea – Impending Missile Launch May Require US Military Action

Palin: Drill Baby Drill, but blame Obama for the Spill!

Palin to McCain - Oops I did it Again

Comments

The trouble is that too many on the Right who are ... by weslen1 on Sunday, Jul 26, 2009 at 10:27:40 PM
Why don't you say to whom you are referring?... by wagelaborer on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:33:50 AM
You wrote: "Sarah Palinbrought out in the crowds s... by Mad Jayhawk on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:31:02 AM
Most US political fanatics have a list of one or t... by Jason Paz on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 2:05:27 AM
When I was facing the draft, I considered the Weat... by WML on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 4:03:58 AM
I doubt if many of us young people during Vietnam ... by Jason Paz on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:17:17 AM
I consider myself a progressive.  However, I beli... by Michael Lee on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 4:18:37 AM
and perhaps you'd like to have the original physic... by John Sanchez Jr. on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 7:43:51 AM
Mssrs Lesar and Sanchez have apparently failed to ... by legalpad on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 7:08:50 PM
since she is the one whose opinions are being disc... by Steven Leser on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:01:15 PM
there is no obligation for me to satisfy the curio... by John Sanchez Jr. on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 7:09:56 AM
And your point is...?The birth certificate has bee... by Dak on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:39:45 AM
"Obama has alsospent several hundred thousand to o... by J. Edward Tremlett on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 6:10:02 PM
With all these lawsuits, do you think the high pow... by Michael Lee on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:43:29 PM
I was more interested in "conceal his birth certif... by J. Edward Tremlett on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 10:02:07 PM
Here is one person that has filed a lawsuit demand... by Michael Lee on Wednesday, Jul 29, 2009 at 9:00:24 AM
Just when I was thinking that I had something of ... by John Sanchez Jr. on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 7:25:02 AM
Knowing how vile Ann Coulter is, do you really bel... by Michael Lee on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 7:50:56 AM
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.Obviousl... by PrMaine on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 3:07:19 PM
A digital clock can still be right twice a day if ... by Dave Kisor on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:20:22 PM
Often the screen is blank.... by PrMaine on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 8:28:23 AM
Comments from "progressives" who fall for right wi... by wagelaborer on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:41:19 AM
Cynthia McKinney has more integrity in her little ... by del martin on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 12:23:32 PM
I had planned on voting for Obama. Until he flip f... by Michael Lee on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:59:29 PM
His father was an American Naval officer stationed... by Dave Kisor on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:42:05 PM
are correct twice a day.... by Cheryl Abraham on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:59:55 AM
Coulter, I am with you most of the time, even when... by Fred Mitchell on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 6:25:00 PM
the more he is suspect.Obmaa..aa...aa...ma now ver... by richard on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 7:33:34 PM
sophisticated one. See linkThis chain e-mail is a ... by Steven Leser on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:10:57 PM
Now, please provide all of the documents I noted s... by richard on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:23:15 PM
I included mine.I still need to research the colle... by Steven Leser on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:31:34 PM
"Is it really hard to figure out where this is all... by J. Edward Tremlett on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 10:39:15 PM
do the research outlined by Steven to satisfy your... by John Sanchez Jr. on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 9:47:52 AM
As vile as Coulter can be, perhapsdue toso little ... by Richard Lee on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:52:37 PM
I wonder if people ever forge documents? You know,... by Michael Lee on Monday, Jul 27, 2009 at 10:36:36 PM
The birthers betray the selective skepticism that ... by Perry Logan on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 5:49:30 AM
Turn your erroneous perspective around and apply i... by Richard Lee on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 7:43:28 PM
The Ann Coulters keep things balanced. Without her... by Mad Jayhawk on Tuesday, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:03:10 PM