Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter Share on Facebook 4 Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest Share on Fark! Share on Reddit 1 Share on StumbleUpon Tell A Friend 11 (16 Shares)
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites View Article Stats   52 comments

Arranging the Deck Chairs While Death Comes from Japan

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 2 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

Must Read 7   Well Said 6   News 5

Fuk by Sincerrae

Everyone has issues. I have issues. People can find a million reasons to be dissatisfied with the government.  This is a good thing. Still, the people that believe they have the answer to everything that is going on should take their focus off of the shenanigans that the government is pulling on the people and focus on something that is happening now. Something that will eventually kill everyone that is living on the northern hemisphere of this planet.

I'm talking about Fukushima. I'm talking about Cesium 137, a radioactive isotope pouring into the pacific:

"Radioactive water from Fukushima Is Systematically Poisoning The Entire Pacific Ocean" (*), which claimed that every day and for 750 days (now over 800) tons of toxic materials have been pouring into the Pacific Ocean"

Fukushima continues to leak, and leak at ever increasing rates and the latest prediction is that this contamination will continue until 2015,   at the earliest. Until then, will the Pacific Ocean be poisoned beyond repair (if this has not happened already)?

That little tidbit was from Global Research. I'm sure they are just trying to scare us, right? I mean how can a little radioactive water do any damage?

Let me tell you a little about ionized radiation. I worked on a missile site that had radars for the fire control section I worked with. I went up to those radars and opened the back of those radars to make adjustments every day. Green hazy magnetrons would glow while I worked. Little did I know that ionized radiation from those radars would cause cancer in me 20 years later. I lost part of my tongue, some of my gums and the floor of my mouth to squamous cell cancer. I found out that there were many people that worked on those radars that developed cancer.

I found this information from a Turkish national that had worked on the same system I worked on. Turkey was one of the last countries that used this air defense system. He steered me straight to the Lawyers that brought the suit against the manufacturers that built the system. We won the suit. That is all I can tell you due to a non-discloser statement I had to sign.

So serving in the Army gave me cancer. I know about radioactive isotopes and it is not a pleasant thing to go through. I can only thank my surgeon who after two operations, saved my life.

Today is my 63rd birthday. I have three Grandchildren and some Nephews and Nieces. The situation for me is this, by the time the radiation from Fukushima reaches me, it will take some time to affect my wife and I. My Grandchildren and other young people will not be so lucky. Already on the West Coast the milk is radioactive. It is below the "safety threshold" right now so you don't really hear about it. Still, the plume from the contaminated reactors is still pouring out and I'm sure that the Geiger counter will show a rise in contamination as the months go by.

The problem here is that the entire Northern Hemisphere is being poisoned by the radiation coming from Japan. It is already showing up in Alaska fisheries. According to Global Research:

Salmon Range by Global Research

More than a year ago,   15 out of 15 bluefin tuna   tested in California waters were contaminated with radioactive cesium from Fukushima.

Bluefin tuna are a   wide-ranging fish , which can swim back and forth between Japan and North America in a year.

But what about other types of fish?

Sockeye salmon also have a range spanning all of the way from Japan to Alaska, Canada, Washington and Oregon:

Next Page  1  |  2

Former Chairman of the Liberal Party of America, Tim is a retired Army Sergeant. He currently lives in South Carolina. A regular contributor to OpEdNews, he is the author of Kimchee Days (or Stoned Cold Warriors).

Tim's political book, (more...)

S 1867: Killing The Bill of Rights and Declaring War on Americans

Arranging the Deck Chairs While Death Comes from Japan

The Fix is In. The Revolution is Coming.

Interview with Finian Cunningham: Bahrain and the U.S. Role

America Does not have a Functioning Democracy - President Jimmy Carter-- Yet MSM Keeps Serving Up Distractions

Prime-time Politics for the Masses

Comments

Gads, when will the media wake up on this?  T... by Scott Baker on Friday, Nov 8, 2013 at 3:41:27 AM
More news: The US has offered to help the Japanese... by Timothy Gatto on Friday, Nov 8, 2013 at 4:45:34 AM
tim, isn't that just enough to make you ill... pro... by laurie steele on Friday, Nov 8, 2013 at 10:51:25 AM
Of course we should rise up and do something, but ... by Timothy Gatto on Friday, Nov 8, 2013 at 12:40:28 PM
I have one of those 'Good News'/'Bad News' bits fo... by Leonard Allan on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 6:26:17 PM
Naturally, the SIC (Scum in Charge) are going to p... by Mark Adams JD/MBA on Friday, Nov 8, 2013 at 6:36:41 PM
reminds me of this click here... by laurie steele on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 10:16:10 AM
That document has been questioned.  It could ... by Mark Adams JD/MBA on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 12:07:07 PM
it sure put the fear in me.  lol  i know... by laurie steele on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 4:46:55 PM
This is exactly what the Trans Pacific trade Pact ... by thepiffler on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 10:01:27 AM
If you are able to come up with that document, Wik... by Timothy Gatto on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 1:52:45 PM
But be careful about it...The first people who tri... by Leonard Allan on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 6:14:06 PM
Sort of like the Pre-condition of Not allowing the... by Leonard Allan on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 6:18:47 PM
Yes, this is a case of massive denial and pervasiv... by John Rachel on Friday, Nov 8, 2013 at 5:10:34 AM
the situation in Fukushima is not exactly stealthy... by Leonard Allan on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 4:42:07 PM
I'm no scientific expert. I wonder where they are?... by Paul Repstock on Friday, Nov 8, 2013 at 5:51:02 AM
How was Global Research badly flawed about salmon ... by Timothy Gatto on Friday, Nov 8, 2013 at 11:33:21 PM
I didn't say that I was stupid, or ignorant. While... by Paul Repstock on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 10:54:07 AM
I am so thankful that there are commercial fisherm... by Leonard Allan on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 5:30:11 PM
I majored in Economics and Geography, under the tu... by Paul Repstock on Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013 at 11:35:12 AM
Open your minds and your hearts to the revealing w... by Cynthia Piano on Friday, Nov 8, 2013 at 6:16:53 AM
Messages in water...Alice In Wonderland had it rig... by Leonard Allan on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 5:41:00 PM
Where is the rest of the world ?!Subdued, to "Demo... by Ad Du on Friday, Nov 8, 2013 at 7:10:37 AM
I don't like many things that are happening in thi... by Timothy Gatto on Friday, Nov 8, 2013 at 10:34:36 AM
Tim: I have my own thoughts about who is behind th... by michael payne on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 4:04:01 PM
Henry Kissinger and the people that control his pu... by Timothy Gatto on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 4:56:42 PM
Please send all your campaign literature to me thr... by Pal Palsimon on Monday, Nov 11, 2013 at 2:30:22 PM
I wonder whether you have considered that it is al... by Leonard Allan on Friday, Nov 8, 2013 at 2:01:42 PM
That is truly a dark statement. It boggles the min... by Timothy Gatto on Friday, Nov 8, 2013 at 2:41:56 PM
I strongly suggest you borrow this 'perspective le... by Leonard Allan on Friday, Nov 8, 2013 at 4:52:53 PM
Yes, but, surely those who want 90% of Earth's pop... by Jill Herendeen on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 6:02:23 AM
very sad how this makes her shoe shopping trip see... by laurie steele on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 4:54:29 PM
They are neither stupid nor suicidal...They believ... by Leonard Allan on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 5:46:54 PM
The 4th Reich Fascists who currently run the US ha... by james freeman on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 10:53:10 AM
See a report from The Guardian about a big purchas... by Mark Adams JD/MBA on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 12:16:04 PM
i thought that had been "confirmed" years ago, now... by laurie steele on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 5:06:59 PM
You may well be dealing with more than one purchas... by Leonard Allan on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 6:09:11 PM
That's the beauty of digital information, and one ... by Mark Adams JD/MBA on Sunday, Nov 10, 2013 at 12:17:00 PM
that scares me...... by laurie steele on Monday, Nov 11, 2013 at 1:00:25 PM
Stephen Harper, Canada's PM, makes annual trips to... by Leonard Allan on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 6:02:21 PM
K... Here goes...Fuel rods and what happens to the... by Leonard Allan on Saturday, Nov 9, 2013 at 6:07:13 PM
Tim, I sympathize with you. I also have squamous c... by Pal Palsimon on Sunday, Nov 10, 2013 at 8:56:26 AM
Ex-GE engineer highlights critical Fukushima react... by John Farnham on Sunday, Nov 10, 2013 at 5:54:46 PM
It's great you're running for the Senate and we'll... by paulvcassidy on Monday, Nov 11, 2013 at 10:30:20 AM
" and the planned reduction of 6.6B leaving 600M ... by laurie steele on Monday, Nov 11, 2013 at 12:27:34 PM
Lauire,The idea is coming from an extreme paganist... by paulvcassidy on Monday, Nov 11, 2013 at 4:00:03 PM
paul, i don't think your solution is "psycho", if ... by laurie steele on Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013 at 10:34:02 AM
Talk about yer karma. Japan's revenge.  Surel... by molly cruz on Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013 at 2:09:28 PM
Laurie,  While I'm an environmentalist by qu... by paulvcassidy on Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013 at 5:08:44 PM
i just wish i could turn the clock back 150 years ... by laurie steele on Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013 at 9:19:24 PM
Laurie,I have very similar feelings despite having... by paulvcassidy on Wednesday, Nov 13, 2013 at 8:20:49 AM
This saying 'Be the change you wish to see in the ... by paulvcassidy on Wednesday, Nov 13, 2013 at 11:55:42 AM