Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on LinkedIn Share on PInterest Share on Fark! Share on Reddit Share on StumbleUpon Tell A Friend 212 (212 Shares)
Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites View Stats   51 comments

General News

Anne Kilkenny Full Email on Sarah Palin

By (about the author)     Permalink       (Page 1 of 5 pages)
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; , Add Tags Add to My Group(s)

opednews.com Headlined to H2 9/6/08

Sept. 10th UPDATE:  See Kilkenny’s Follow-Up: The Sarah I Knew

It's legit; and widely posted.  On Sept. 1st, Wasilla resident Anne Kilkenny wrote to about 40 family members and friends who kept asking about Sarah Palin.  This is her six-page response that went viral, bringing Kilkenny global attention. She's been interviewed by ABC, NBC and CNN, as well as NPR and mainstream newspapers from around the world. Because this email is widely posted, it's reproduced here.  I've left any misspellings intact, but bolded the headings.

From: Anne Kilkenny (email address redacted)
Date: September 1, 2008 12:20:01 AM PDT
Subject: re: SARAH PALIN

Dear friends,

So many people have asked me about what I know about Sarah Palin in the last 2 days that I decided to write something up . . .

Basically, Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton have only 2 things in common: their gender and their good looks. :)

You have my permission to forward this to your friends/email contacts with my name and email address attached, but please do not post it on any websites, as there are too many kooks out there . . .

Thanks,
Anne

Anne Kilkenny (by Erik Hill, Anchorage Daily News)

ABOUT SARAH PALIN

I am a resident of Wasilla, Alaska. I have known Sarah since 1992. Everyone here knows Sarah, so it is nothing special to say we are on a first-name basis. Our children have attended the same schools. Her father was my child's favorite substitute teacher. I also am on a first name basis with her parents and mother-in-law. I attended more City Council meetings during her administration than about 99% of the residents of the city.

She is enormously popular; in every way she's like the most popular girl in middle school. Even men who think she is a poor choice and won't vote for her can't quit smiling when talking about her because she is a "babe".

It is astonishing and almost scary how well she can keep a secret. She kept her most recent pregnancy a secret from her children and parents for seven months.

She is "pro-life". She recently gave birth to a Down's syndrome baby. There is no cover-up involved, here; Trig is her baby.

She is energetic and hardworking. She regularly worked out at the gym.

She is savvy. She doesn't take positions; she just "puts things out there" and if they prove to be popular, then she takes credit.

Her husband works a union job on the North Slope for BP and is a champion snowmobile racer. Todd Palin's kind of job is highly sought-after because of the schedule and high pay. He arranges his work schedule so he can fish for salmon in Bristol Bay for a month or so in summer, but by no stretch of the imagination is fishing their major source of income. Nor has her life-style ever been anything like that of native Alaskans.

Next Page  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5

In 2004, Rady Ananda joined the growing community of citizen journalists. Initially focused on elections, she investigated the 2004 Ohio election, organizing, training and leading several forays into counties to photograph the 2004 ballots. She officially served at three recounts, including the 2004 recount. She also organized and led the team that audited Franklin County Ohio's 2006 election, proving the number of voter signatures did not match official results. Her work appears in three books.

Her blogs also address religious, gender, sexual and racial equality, as well as environmental issues; and are sprinkled with book and film reviews on various topics. She spent most of her working life as a researcher or investigator for private lawyers, and five years as an editor.

She graduated from The Ohio State University's School of Agriculture in December 2003 with a B.S. in Natural Resources.

All material offered here is the property of Rady Ananda, copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009. Permission is granted to repost, with proper attribution including the original link.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." Tell the truth anyway.

Comments

Comment from Ratings:   this is an illum... by shannon Enry on Saturday, Sep 6, 2008 at 5:01:04 PM
Of course, Kilkenny never imagined her private ema... by Rady Ananda on Saturday, Sep 6, 2008 at 6:10:17 PM
Comment from Ratings:   I value this bal... by Jere Hough on Saturday, Sep 6, 2008 at 9:29:24 PM
I scoured the news reports precisely for that answ... by Rady Ananda on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 1:49:02 AM
I saw this initially and thought it was very thoro... by Michael Collins on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 12:12:04 AM
Hungry for info ... the common folk passed it alon... by Rady Ananda on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 2:09:36 AM
This article reeks of malice and is in no way &quo... by Leep on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 9:00:58 AM
I know American politics is a rat's nest but y... by Archie on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 10:58:03 AM
It does not have any "ring of truth" to ... by Leep on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 2:44:14 PM
I think you're very wise to doubt the word of ... by JonmarkP on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 11:37:13 AM
I agree that those sources are compromised by prof... by Leep on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 2:48:42 PM
Fox News & CNN as a source of NEWS? This is NE... by syed mahdi on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 3:18:14 PM
but ABC, NBC, CNN and, per the St. Petersburg Time... by Rady Ananda on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 4:31:06 PM
I couldn't disagree more - the "article&q... by Gustav Wynn on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 7:37:47 PM
Leep most of this is a matter of public record.&nb... by tginmn on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 10:48:15 PM
I am reminded of the city of Kilkenny in Ireland a... by laurie dobson on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 9:38:41 AM
We would all be so lucky to have Kilkenny writing ... by Rady Ananda on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 10:48:51 AM
Comment from Ratings:   I've been lookin... by Barbara Bellows-TerraNova on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 10:48:57 AM
Interesting Article on Sarah Palin, pretty unbiase... by on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 11:23:36 AM
Comment from Ratings:   This is what it ... by Larry Vickers on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 11:47:41 AM
I have to add that I especially find the informati... by Barbara Bellows-TerraNova on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 11:57:04 AM
I am so glad you have pinned the email letter to i... by Margaret Bassett on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 12:29:48 PM
Comment from Ratings:   I posted this ar... by Mikael Rudolph on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 12:34:10 PM
May I also recommend Palin is Alaska's Nightma... by Barbara Bellows-TerraNova on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 12:44:55 PM
Everytime I check my emails, another friend or acq... by Amanda Lang on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 12:52:05 PM
The neocon takeover of the Republican Party, and i... by Rady Ananda on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 1:04:11 PM
. . . it seems to based on integrity.  When D... by Barbara Bellows-TerraNova on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 2:01:06 PM
ergo, MSM will continue to pounce on McCain-Palin,... by Rady Ananda on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 2:15:36 PM
Have sent this to everyone!... by Cheryl Abraham on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 12:59:09 PM
and I love her face... it is so honest and intelli... by Rady Ananda on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 1:06:20 PM
I have been very active in a community in rural Ca... by Shirley Bianchi on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 3:17:29 PM
Comment from Ratings:   Sarah's history ... by Marqman on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 4:31:26 PM
Why wasn't Kilkenny's party affiliation me... by Mad Jayhawk on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 8:48:42 PM
according to progressive radio show host Shannyn M... by Rady Ananda on Monday, Sep 8, 2008 at 9:06:23 AM
Anne Kilkenny is is a Democrat according to the NY... by Leep on Monday, Sep 8, 2008 at 9:21:11 AM
I'm not sure but I would think that the r... by Archie on Monday, Sep 8, 2008 at 3:45:46 PM
Comment from Ratings:   is keeping Sarah... by tginmn on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 10:50:07 PM
I closely watched the Obama, McCain, and Palin bio... by Gallaher on Sunday, Sep 7, 2008 at 11:06:43 PM
Maybe not now but in 1980, yes. I've attended ... by Gallaher on Monday, Sep 8, 2008 at 12:05:21 PM
Saw nothing about New York and his undergrad work.... by Gallaher on Monday, Sep 8, 2008 at 12:51:23 PM
If two presidential candidate bios were offered an... by Maxwell on Monday, Sep 8, 2008 at 8:55:37 AM
For fun my wife and I watched the bios on bot... by Gallaher on Monday, Sep 8, 2008 at 12:27:29 PM
  Nothing on Biden-- Senator for over thirty ... by pratliff94 on Monday, Sep 8, 2008 at 9:49:33 AM
Thought it was odd how the Big Media (BM) dug into... by Gallaher on Monday, Sep 8, 2008 at 11:56:40 AM
This needs to be thoroughly fact-checked before ac... by Maxwell on Monday, Sep 8, 2008 at 8:24:28 AM
please see any of the MSM that I named in some of ... by Rady Ananda on Monday, Sep 8, 2008 at 9:10:12 AM
Please see my previous post "Malice" and... by Leep on Monday, Sep 8, 2008 at 4:39:40 PM
What's going on? Does anybody know? FactCheck ... by Cheryl Abraham on Monday, Sep 8, 2008 at 7:36:28 PM
I ask because the only item on your list that was ... by Joyce Levine on Monday, Sep 8, 2008 at 11:28:13 PM
Not even considering that this email may be malici... by Leep on Tuesday, Sep 9, 2008 at 12:07:59 PM
Do americans really want Palin to be one melanoma ... by jenifoto on Tuesday, Sep 9, 2008 at 5:08:44 PM

Tell a Friend: Tell A Friend