"The American Earned Guaranteed Income"
We The People Logo
(image by Daniel Penisten)
There is no need for people to suffer because of fluctuations in the American economy. U.S. Treasury control of our currency (which itself is kept benign through the American people in "Direct Democracy") and public banking systems are all we need to remove the artificially induced fluctuations, that bring harm, in our economy. Surely "steady as she goes" is preferable to the more unpredictable stormy sea. Isn't replacing roughness with smoothness part of evolution?
We have the capability to build the following Social New Deal for all of us. It will provide a secure foundation, much in the spirit of our Social Security program, but for "most" of the working adults of our nation. But it will be a "two-way street"... this safety net will be earned by the people with good citizenship. It is our nation. We can do this. This is good work for the centralized government sector of our nation.
The What of It.
This financial safety net is earned by citizen individuals doing the following:
(1) Living without criminal activity. Criminal activity causes loss of this safety net for an individual. We do not need the disruption of crime in our nation. If one's personal bad habits cause those people to commit crimes, that is on them. They have made bad choices. They disqualify themselves from this great program. However, a "Second- and Third-Chance Program of Forgiveness to Rehabilitation Success" should be established to give those Individuals who succeed in gaining freedom from criminal behavior a way to gain eligibility for the earned guaranteed income.
(2) Continuing one's education for the duration of their lives. After successful completion of high school, one academic class per year, or teacher aid-volunteer service, will satisfy this important requirement. Education is the critical key to helping the people of America to gain the truths and wisdom that enable us to fulfill the greater aspects of the American vision. This is our duty as true citizens.
(3) Public Political Participative Service. Active, daily, participation in this nation's governmental processes. This participation is in the form of daily three-hour study sessions of some activity of local, state, or federal level bureau or legislative work being performed by our trusted and elected Advisory Representatives. Each citizen's fulfillment of this part of the agreement will be recorded daily in a computerized record at the "We The American People's Registry". ALL individuals, from the age of 16 on, will perform this sacred duty. Only at the termination of "normal" thinking brain function will this duty cease. The obligation of this part of the agreement is less when the citizen is fully employed. (40+ hours per week)...perhaps the time requirement being reduced to two or one hours per day, if the employed citizen needs and requests this reduction.
(4) Military or peace service. Either Armed Forces or conscientious civil service will do (except in times of national emergency such as war or invasion, when military service will be necessary). One successful standard term of service is all that is required. Additional service brings additional reward. College-level education will wait for the completion of this obligation (unless a health condition prevents the citizen from qualifying for military service. Some kind of civil service will be made available for these health-challenged citizens.)
(5) When educational, civil, and military requirements are met, daily volunteer service of many choosable levels, on many levels of our society (and out in the world), is required. This requirement of the "American Earned Guaranteed Income" is to help prevent wasted time in our lives. Most of our leisure time must be productive in some recognizable way. To just sit around in the bars or in front of computer games is unacceptable. TV is ok, if half of this time is in the political study stations that harmonize with the web sites dedicated to this national purpose. Only 25% of one's leisure time should be non-productive. Much of this volunteer service can be in the form of job skills training. If the military and civil service and educational requirements are fulfilled and the Individual is un-employed, this part of the agreement becomes the dominant factor in this proposal. Many good things can be done in the common-weal sector for humanity. Our highest teachings ask us to help others who need help helping themselves to be more and better.
(6) Business initialization and maintenance. The above social-volunteer requirements can be substituted with this vital American activity. But all other above requirements must be met. This can go clear up to corporation size, but should emphasize the development of worker-owned and -operated companies. It is recognized that the starting and operation of a business can be very helpful to the society it thrives in; particularly the economic sector of this society. The business starter and entrepreneur and their efforts should be watched and recorded as to beneficial results for the nation. Failure to succeed in these efforts will result in reversion to social service or employment requirements of this agreement.
(7) Gainful work and employment, as soon as it become available and offered. Part-time jobs will receive a minimum wage of $15.00 dollars per hour and will, up to 30 hours per week, not interfere with the reception of the American earned guaranteed income. Over thirty hours of work per week would result in temporary removal from the earned guaranteed income agreement and participation. When an Individual reaches a wealth worth of $999,000,000.00 they will temporarily stop wage- and profit-earning activities and focus their lives on personal education and social service to help others achieve more and better in their Lives.
September 27th, 2013
(8) Reducing the populace through termination of immigration and intelligent and standardized national-breeding laws. For the first fifty-year test period, each couple (or single mother-to-be) allowed only one baby, in their lifetime.
1 | 2