"It is essential that this body have the mandate to recommend international criminal prosecutions as appropriate."
It's high time international law was enforced. Otherwise it's mocked and meaningless.
Israel's gotten away with murder far too long. How many more Palestinian deaths are tolerable before authorities able to act say no more?
"The international community must intervene in order to restore the rule of law, and to take active steps to protect the civilian population, the so-called 'protected persons' of international law."
A Final Comment
Naked Israeli aggression shows Israel won't stop unless punished diplomatically and economically. The Global BDS Movement for Freedom, Justice and Equality lists five ways ordinary people can effectively support Gaza.
(1) Boycott Israeli goods and services. Export profits bolster its economy. They also fund its war machine. Tell others what you're doing. Urge retailer support.
(2) Join a BDS campaign or start a new one. Groups and initiatives of any size and type help. US campaigners pressured pension funds effectively to divest from Caterpillar and other companies.
Giant Catepillar bulldozers demolish Palestinian homes. It's complicit in Israeli crimes. So are other Western companies. Act against them effectively. Strike back so it hurts.
(3) Organize BDS protests. "Demonstrations, banner drops, and flash mobs" raise awareness. Target individual products like Ahava cosmetics. It profits by stealing Palestinian resources.
In Occupied Palestine, virtually everything mined helps Israel, its settlements, and predatory companies. Mining fees, levies, royalties, and profits flow straight to Israeli coffers and corporate bottom lines. Palestinians are denied what's rightfully theirs.
(4) Urge organizations with which you're affiliated to boycott Israel.
" Trade unions, student unions, faith groups and other organizations all over the world have passed BDS-related resolutions calling for divesting from companies profiting from Israel's occupation."
Keep the momentum going. Get others to act responsibly.
(5) Pressure elected officials to impose a weapons and munitions embargo on Israel. Military ties feed its war machine. Occupation harshness and wars continue. Palestinians suffer and die.