- For the last three months, the government-of-the-regime has communicated to the Greek people that the new austerity measures would amount to 11.5 -- billion in savage cuts to wages, pensions, health, education and our natural wealth.
However, as a new round of meetings with the Troika are in progress, the truth was finally blurted out -- the total package must include 22 -- billion in cuts.
For the last two days, the demands of moneylenders have become more explicit. Employees will be fired, the retirement age will be increased and the worst-case scenario is expected -- that eventually no one will get a pension.
Here is a partial list of the new requirements for labor in Greece:
- imposing a six-day work week.
- a repeal of the 13th and 14th salary
- reduction of salaries and pensions
- 50,000 public-sector employees to be placed on reserve
- an additional layoff of 40,000 public-sector workers
- increase the retirement age from 65 to 67
StopCartel TV broadcasts live from Athens, Greece on weeknights at 6pm Athens time @ http://www.livestream.com/stopcarteltvgr