* Even though the owners qualified for federal loan modifications, the banks seized 1.1 million homes, making 1.1 million families homeless . . after the loans were approved for refinancing. Since the average foreclosed home was worth $191,000 , the banks (banksters) essentially stole $210-billion-worth of homes! Under the "landmark settlement," these wrongfully evicted Americans will receive a measly $300 to $500 each, the value of a modest night out at a nice restaurant in Manhattan (amounting to two-tenths of 1% of their average housing loss).
* 900,000 borrowers who were entitled to refinancing under Obama's Make Home Affordable program were denied help and lost their homes. Their federally granted compensation: $400 to $600 each.
* 420,000 homeowners who lost their homes while the banks intentionally dithered and "lost" their paperwork get $400 to $800 each.
* 28,000 families who were entitled to protection against foreclosure under federal bankruptcy law, but got thrown out of their homes anyway, get $3,750 to $62,500 each.
* 1,100 soldiers entitled to protection against foreclosure because of their military status get $125,000 each.
53 families who weren't late on their mortgages, never
missed a payment, but got thrown out anyway, get $125,000 each.