The planets involved in the biggest energy shift this next year are Pluto in Capricorn and Uranus in Aries. They're bringing the 60s back in with a roar. It seems all of us need to have a talk with Mr. Pluto. He wants to tell us about our shadow self that is keeping us chained to the past. Uranus wakes us up to our freedom -- Pluto tells us what we need to change to achieve it.
Pluto might be asking us to take in the radiation coming at us from the nuclear meltdown in Fukushima, Japan and transform it into light, consciousness, good will and imagination/creativity. It's interesting that the US is the first country it hits. Perhaps transforming our American "conspicuous consumption' consciousness is the crux of the matter. If that's what Pluto is demanding of us, then let's turn all that plutonian radioactivity into Light.
Uranus opens us to the mindset that can achieve this transformation. It says to dig deep into Aries' search for identity and find yours! So open yourselves to the archetypal realms and ask for an archetypal mentor who can teach you your true name.
Astrologers have been talking about this upcoming square for many years, but especially since the summer of 2010's cardinal cross brought these two planets in contact with a Cancer Moon and Saturn in Libra. Cardinal signs are the action--oriented signs of the zodiac. They stand at the beginning of the 4 seasons -- Capricorn/Winter, Aries/Spring, Cancer/Summer, Libra/Fall. They move things along and certainly since 2010 things "have moved along' -- the financial crisis deepening and the rift between "right and left', "rich and poor' widening.
Whenever these two change agents get together, we find ourselves in the midst of a crisis-oriented time, but it doesn't have to be a violent or dangerous time unless we make it so. The present crisis is that our financial and governing systems need to be renewed. And as is obvious, the patriarchal system is fighting back to keep its power and prerogatives in place. Unfortunately for them, they WILL have to go. How that ends up happening is up to each of us.
planets that energize this kind of change are both collective energies,
transforming whole generations - Uranus, the great Awakener, and Pluto, the
great Leveler. Uranus is the lightning
bolt of divine awareness while Pluto is the underworld power of evolution. Freedom-loving,
independent Uranus meets powerful, transformational Pluto in a dance of
breakdown and breakthrough for the collective.
"Uranus represents the unstoppable force of ideas whose time has come.
Pluto represents the raw power and inevitability of breakdown and renewal.
Together they force consciousness changes in the collective that are --
relatively speaking -- explosively sudden." ( Jessica Murray ) Sudden only to those who haven't wanted to
Free Speech - 1969 Berkley by AP
These two planets move around the Sun in cycles, creating their own effects upon the Earth, as any other two planets do. These energies are relational, just as the Sun and Moon form a monthly cycle in relationship to each other. We can trace how this Uranus/Pluto cycle synchronistically affected society back through our most ancient history. For a full explanation, see Richard Tarnas' Cosmos and Psyche, a really amazing look at astrology and history.
A quick look at history shows us that Revolution and Evolution are in the air whenever Uranus the Radical Rebel teams up with Pluto, the Underworld Lord. (Thank you Lauren Coleman, astrologybylauren.com and astroyiayia.blogspot.com for this timeline.)
- In 1707- 1710, Uranus and Pluto were both in Leo. The Industrial Revolution begins. The steam engine moves us into the future. Leo creativity.
- In 1775-60, Uranus in Pisces was in a similar first quarter (like the first quarter Moon) square to Pluto in Sagittarius. These were years of war over empires and trade. The American colonists started mobilizing against Great Britain and "taxation without representation'. It's still tyranny!
- 1791-1795, Uranus in Leo opposite Pluto in Aquarius (like a full Moon). These were years when the 99%(Aquarius) rose up against Monarchy (Leo). The French Revolution. The Haitian Revolution.
- 1819-1822, Uranus in Sagittarius square Pluto in Pisces (last quarter Moon aspect). Massive global revolutions in South America, Greece vs. Ottoman Empire, European revolts. The masses (Pisces) rise up against oppression(Sag).
- 1849-1852, Uranus conjunct Pluto in Aries (Individual freedom) (a new Moon aspect). These were the years before the American Civil War when the need to end slavery was brought to public consciousness. (SHAME ON PATRIARCHY that it's still practiced today.) Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels wrote The Communist Manifesto. First Women's Rights Convention held. The Taiping Rebellion in China. The Irish Potato Famine. Aries gave rise to a new sense of individual freedom.
- 1875-1878, Uranus in Leo square Pluto in Taurus. The energies here had to do with Empire Wars (Leo/King-Taurus/land). Russian Empire vs. Ottoman Empire. The last great Sioux War in North America.
- 1900-1903, Uranus in Sagittarius opposite Pluto in Gemini -- stock market Panic of 1901, many natural disasters involving migrations of people.