Seeking justice for Americans while they kill overseas for that same Wall Street they want a bigger cut from is " what? Anyone! Please tell your writer, who has run out of words. Are there any words to describe this?
But young and talented David Swanson, could realize this, and bring some embarrassing awakening to the American peace movement and journalists that have been exposing crimes from Korea in 1950, to Syria today, that to perceptive people are long sickening apparent. While exposing today's cruel mass homicide in ever unnecessary detail, forgetting last year's murders in Libya, forgiving the years' before genocide in a dozen helpless destroyed nations, and not even calling for their prosecution as crimes against humanity, but rather painting them as mistaken policies of their own elected and reelected government. Better to call crimes against humanity and crimes against peace, crimes against humanity and crimes against peace. Call a spade a spade openly and loudly, not finagle around with excuses and political commentary.
And let us put a nail in the coffin of the pathetic flimflam and escaping criminal responsibility by laying war crimes blame solely on US presidents as if they were kings, emperors or absolute dictators, and all the rest of America entirely innocent. No, we don't want to blame everything on one cog in the wheel of corporate governance that Mussolini defined as fascism, a cog that is not all that pivotable, if we peek at the words of the last aristocrat American president of some influence among his wealthy peers. In a letter written to his close friend and confidant Colonel House in 1932, Franklin Delano Roosevelt wrote "You and I know that a financial element in the centers of power has owned the government since the days of Andrew Jackson."
Marxist Economics Professor Richard Wolff, lecturing around the country to Peace and Justice groups, tells of FDR managing to convince his wealthy peers, most all of whom were investing in economically prostate Germany's low-wage labor to build up the Nazi armed forces (while my dad sold apples on a street corner), to accept a 94% tax rate on every dollar above $200,000 to pay for socialist programs like Social Security, Unemployment Compensation and the Federal Government Works Program to put the unemployed to work, OR face a revolution and possible loss of control of the country.
Upon FDR's death, (from illness or poison as his son James and the Soviets insisted - in either case, propitious for war investment hawks), his policies of rapprochement with the half destroyed USSR and freedom for nations colonially occupied by European colonial powers were reversed and the belligerent stance of racist Prime minister Winston Churchill, who FDR mistrusted and disliked was affirmed in a new US policy of confrontation, enmity, fear of socialism, Cold War and lack of sympathy for an ally's twenty-seven war dead.
Now can one imagine that wealthy billionaires controlling the super fortunes made in the US corporate domain that made the US the world commanding superpower for having invested in building a prostate Germany to #1 military power (fully aware of Hitler's intention regarding European Jews and not at all unhappy with Hitler's intentions for communists and the Soviet Union), would let an ex-haberdashery salesman and Kansas City Pendergast machine ward heeler who supplanted a dangerously peace minded Vice President Henry Wallace, make personal decisions affecting their trillions of dollars invested in controlling the world? But Americans are told straight talking down-to-earth Harry made personal decisions to drop A bombs on cities of civilians, to back murderous fascist military during war and coup in Greece, to bring the French Colonial Army back into Vietnam in US ships, to create the agencies that now make up the US National Security State, to invade and cut Korea in half and later bomb Korea North and South to smithereens. Does it not make better sense to understand that he was he just following what that "financial element in the centers of power," the speculative investment community, needed.
And think of all the men of disparate levels of mental capability and social education Wall Street has offered voters one-of-two-choice for that highest political office since the second Roosevelt, the last wealthy patrician president capable of some measure of influence among his peers on "The Street.' Consider that every one of these presidents subsequent to WWII had unseemingly ordered, contrary to human nature, the still ongoing crimes against humanity that consistent with the history of all commercial, industrial, financial speculative investment banking run white empires of modern history.
Ponder a conscience bitten Ike in the last hour of his presidency warning against the "undue influence of the Military Industrial Complex (that had "advised' him to murderously and mercilessly overthrow the first popularly elected president of Guatemala, leading to decades of massacre that only this month was prosecuted in Guatemala as genocide; "advised' Ike to have the CIA also arrange the assassination of the popular Patrice Lumumba, first elected president of an independent Republic of Congo, and impose a brutal dictator General Mobutu initiating loss of life in the millions that has not yet ceased as fellow European empires continue to make sure of and instability enabling their continued colonial plundering of the richest natural resources in Africa; "advised' him to begin the senseless bombing of little Laos, which would become the most bombed country in history; "advised' him to threaten a North Korea, already bombed flat, with atomic bombing and run test flights of nuclear armed planes over this half of the Korea, which Wall Street had had the Department of State use the US Army to disband its first all-Korean-peninsula government since it had 'advised' Teddy Roosevelt to award Korea to half-brother empire Japan for a forty year occupation in return for Japanese recognition of the US claim to possession of the Philippines as American territory). 
Learned Prof. Noam Chomsky of MIT, America's touted number one intellectual, has said over and over again, "If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged." but Chomsky has also said and is quoted on the educational website Prosecute US Crimes Against Humanity Now, [click here "America must prosecute her own war criminals." In Chomsky's more than a hundred books on the subjects he has made it abundantly clear that US presidents are not the principle men behind America's crimes against humanity.
We will count on David Swanson to take this into consideration to make sure that when he tells us "U.S. Presidents should be prosecuted for war crimes and military aggressions," that we understand that it does not mean exoneration for:
- the profiting investors in war whose funding put that war-ordering president in elected office; who funded his reelection; to whom the president is beholden to and follows the war needs of the speculative investment banking elite that chose him in the first place;
- those working in the media who convinced the American public that the crimes of the president were justified and necessary;
- the leaders of organized clergy at all levels that okay-ed homicidal, often genocidal, crimes against humanity and blessed Americans shipping out to commit them (and blessed their corpses upon return;
- the Americans who signed up for military service accepting that they would be sent to kill poor people in their own beloved countries overseas and then while following criminal orders to kill and maim, did not conscientiously object as was right, nor report criminal orders to superiors as was their duty;
- the hundreds of millions Americans who watched videos of the homicidal crimes on TV and approved or disapproved before losing interest and returning to enjoying their day; who paid their taxes without even speaking up and against their use for mass murder in the name of some absurd reason that with the slightest investigation would have been understood to be a criminal falsehood; and,
- the 'peace organizations' composed of veterans, many of whom personally carried out these crimes against humanity, and many many more who participated make them possible in two or three dozen poor and vulnerable nations, even now while looking like reformed good guys protesting government policies, not crimes against humanity, and to this day, after dozens of illegal unconstitutional and criminal wars upon bad guys in other peoples countries, refuse to call for the prosecution of the these crimes against humanity of their nation?