A key Supreme Court decision accelerated and codified Wall Street's ability to use billions stolen from taxpayers to lobby Washington and solidify its (Wall Street's) power, all for its own self-interest -- through campaign payola, senators' votes, presidential access, manipulation of regulators, grabbing tax benefits, etc.
You say you can't believe any of this is true? Democracy is essentially may well be on its death bed because people like you are in denial and are informationally in the dark. Wall Street CEOs and Forbes 400 billionaires are either engaged in a secret conspiracy to make themselves still richer, or are unwittingly and absentmindedly pushing us towards anarchy, oblivious to the fact they are helping to set up the necessity of the world's next revolution.
3. Pentagon's perpetual war machine vs. America's budget time bomb
With ever more of our population over the age of 65, and ever reduced wages for many among us, our growing Social Security and Medicare costs often seem insurmountable, but now add to that the war-making tendencies of America's ruling elite, which is fueled by:
- China's military actions,
- the insatiable profit-seeking expansion of our military industrial complex, and
- a Pentagon prediction that global population growth is putting ever more dangerous pressure on the world's scarce resources.
Thus will increase the wars around the world, and thereby demand for ever more war spending, thus increasing the risk of sudden revolutions everywhere, including at home.
4. Global population explosion vs. resources, jobs, and better lifestyles
As the world population explodes from 7 billion to 10 billion in the next generation, the demand for more jobs (with ever fewer workers being needed) and the pressure on scarce resources will increase. . Also increasing will be the frustration and burning envy of the have-nots, thereby making the world all around Wall Street a burning powder keg, further setting things up for the revolution.
Forget jailing Wall Street's dictators. It's naÃ¯ve and too late. We missed that opportunity. But a revolution will do the trick, giving us a second chance to jail the bastards.
Until then, remember: The following four factors are building to a head, merging into a critical mass that will accelerate into a revolution and destroy Wall Street from within:
- The widening wealth gap,
- capitalism's drift towards anarchy,
- the ever higher cost of feeding the Pentagon's costly war machine,
- the huge global population explosion.