(6) What type of books does Omni sell? Omni is a one-man book-selling operation that sells radical traditionalist Catholic materials, including numerous rabidly anti-semitic conspiratorial writings. Omni describes Jews as "the first civilization to practice the belief in racial supremacy, and the chief advocate of that practice today."
Omni's catalog has included such books as Richard Harwood's "Did Six Million Really Die?" (published by neo-nazi Ernst Zundel); Henry Ford's "The International Jew"; Arthur Butz's "The Hoax of the Twentieth Century" (Butz is another prominent holocaust denier); several issues of the late Father Leonard Feeney's Jew-bashing monthly newsletter "The Point" (Feeney was ex-communicated by the Pope); and "The Judaic Connection", which describes a Judeo-Masonic conspiracy against the Catholic Church.
(7) So why would Omni think such an arcane book as "Czarism and Revolution" would be of such interest to their customers that it would be worth translating and publishing in English—31 years after its original publication?
(8) And why did Gary Allen think it was NOT important to mention that (a) DeGoulevitch was a defender of Czarist Russia and (b) he expressed anti-Jewish sentiments in his book?
(9) In his book, DeGoulevitch cites as one his authorities, Boris Brasol,--another White Russian (and a former head of the Czar's secret police). But who is Boris Brasol?
Brasol came to the U.S. in August 1916. He arranged for the translation of "The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion" into English and he then distributed copies - including a copy that was used by Henry Ford's Michigan newspaper (Dearborn Independent) in their famous series of anti-semitic articles entitled "The International Jew". Brasol also arranged for the publication of several anti-semitic books in 1920 and 1921 including: "The Protocols and World Revolution" and "The World at the Crossroads." In a 1921 letter to Maj. Gen. Count Sherep-Spiridovich, Brasol boasted:
"Within the last year I have written three books, two of which have done the Jews more injury than would have been done to them by ten pogroms."
In 1942, a close acquaintance of Brasol told the New York City FBI field office about a lengthy 2-hour conversation he had with Brasol in October 1941. "Mr. Brasol told me bluntly that he has not changed his previous ideas and that only the Jews are responsible for the Bolshevism and Communism in Russia and that to liberate Russia from the yoke of the Jews, all Russians must wish the defeat of Russia at the hands of the German. 'I prefer Hitler to Stalin' Brasol told me, 'no matter what happens afterwards'. " [FBI HQ file 100-22487, serial #18, pages 9-10, which is 2/14/42 New York City field report on Brasol].
So much for the type of person that DeGoulevitch considered reliable.
(10) In his book, written in French and subsequently translated into English, de Goulevitch observes that....
"The main purveyors of funds for the revolution, however, were neither the crackpot Russian millionaires nor the armed bandits of Lenin. The 'real' money primarily came from certain British and American circles which for a long time past had lent their support to the Russian revolutionary cause..."
De Goulevitch continues:
"The important part played by the wealthy American banker, Jacob Schiff, in the events in Russia, though as yet only partially revealed, is no longer a secret."
General Alexander Nechvolodov is also quoted as an authoritative source by de Goulevitch (and by Gary Allen). The General observed that....
"In April 1917, Jacob Schiff publicly declared that it was thanks to his financial support that the revolution in Russia had succeeded."
OK--here we have an example of how amateur "historians" (like Gary Allen) use secondary sources without independently verifying the accuracy of the information they quote---even when those secondary sources are making highly defamatory accusations.